EverQuest II is Turning 11!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Norrathians! It is once again time to celebrate, as EverQuest II is turning ELEVEN this year! We’ve had eleven amazing years of adventures together, and we’re looking forward to many more creatures to slay, shinies to discover, and memories to be made. As you’re gearing up for the launch of Terrors of Thalumbra, our next expansion, make sure you save some time to enjoy the Heroes’ Festival which returns to Norrath on Friday, November 6th.

[IMG]

Travel to Qeynos or Freeport to take part in all the festivities. The Festival will be around until Monday, November 16th.

And for those of you who have been with us all these years, there is a new Veteran’s Reward coming your way! You will be able to claim this depending on your account age beginning on Tuesday, November 3. The Veteran Reward – 12 Year gives you one full year’s worth of loyalty tokens. That’s 365 loyalty point tokens that you can use to purchase items from vendors in game!

[IMG]

The Veteran Reward – 12 Year is claimable once per account.

The team here at Daybreak wants to thank each and every one of you for making Norrath a vibrant, exciting world to be part of. Happy Eleventh Anniversary!
    suka, Miss_Jackie, Kurisutaru and 3 others like this.
  2. PlayerOne Member

3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm I cant wait to slay those dragons again I am not one of those lucky ones to have played this game for 11 years
    I hope its still going to be here when I played for 11 years
    I hope we will get through all the problems we had lately weather the storm and I hope we will make it to 20 years of EQ2
    :D
    Haloek, SierraDawn, Kittybock and 3 others like this.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

5475 plat, in other words.

Unless subscribers get double when you claim them...
    Xillean, Feldon, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  5. Yuki Member

I am so underwhelmed...
    Xillean, Naramsin, Shesaz and 12 others like this.
  6. Tabri Well-Known Member

Same, 12 yrs and this o_O And Im all access I get this many in 6 months anyway.
    Xillean, Naramsin, Mizgamer62 and 4 others like this.
  7. Zukira Member

Did you folks confuse April First and November 2nd?
    Xillean, Mizgamer62, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  8. Tabri Well-Known Member

Oh I know I know drop that lion mount on the merchant that has useless stats that costs 300 million status to 30 million now that it is for appearance only and give some unattuners again then I will be excited. Also a wardrobe to hold the trillion items I have collected in this game for 12 yrs would be awesome, other than that /yawn

This is like one of those Christmas gifts you get where you have to keep reminding yourself that its the thought that counts.
    Xillean, Naramsin, Belenos and 11 others like this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Alberich the Wise... a nice purple griffon/winged lion thingy. I love him!
    Xillean, Belenos, spinnock and 3 others like this.
  10. Lartria Member

I'm sad that it's a once per account again. It's like the vet rewards are this afterthought. It must be new blood they care about and not those of us that have been here through thick and thin for over a decade. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Xillean, Haloek, spinnock and 3 others like this.
  11. missconstrue New Member

I was hoping for a shrink cloak ! Maybe make some of these requests availed for sale on the vendor the only thing I ever use the coins for is temp adorns. Something fun like a shrink cloak would be awesome
  12. Zukira Member

heh i'm not even a 12 year vet and I think you're kicking the 12 years in the nuts with this one.
    Xillean, Naramsin, Haloek and 8 others like this.
  13. Xper Well-Known Member

Hah, cool. Really excited about this, I betray a lot so this is like 7 free betrayals. Get amped.
    daicia likes this.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It should double reward if you're subbed.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

its not april 1st anywhere, is it.

On second thought - if there *were* good items on the loyalty vendor, such as Unattuner Bundles, then perhaps having another 700 tokens would be fine. Say, 5 token per unattuner? Because when I roll a new toon, I start off with sooooo much /claim stuff (11 years worth) - which, is pretty much (better than) what the Loyalty merchant offers - save for some appearance gear or temp adorns.

Or an unattuner item for 500 loyalty tokens that resets every 24 hrs.
  16. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Not too overly excited on this one.. A nice Frostfell gift, since I am playing on TLE moreso than live, hopefully there might be more added and something that is usable on TLE
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Do you know how flat-out weird it would be to have a currency that is account wide being claimable by more than one character though? 13*365 is a pretty high number last I looked lol.

And that's leaving the usual overreacting by us older members.
  18. Lartria Member

I'm not saying I want to claim 365 tokens numerous times. I'm saying that the vet reward should be something that is unique and not commonly gained by anyone that plays the game. 11 year was getting one house that was available for anyone to buy.
  19. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

And here i thought we would be getting something meaningful for being a veteran of this game.

The insane platinum costs of the Infusion system, the complete change in itemization making past accomplishments meaningless, a Deity system that is completely lacking and unimaginative and forces the players to grind, a maximum cap on Weapon Damage Bonus and Critical Bonus, the lack of response and care towards their playerbase and now this?

This just shows how disconnected and distant the developers are becoming.

I hope they do a quick turnaround soon, because I've loved this game for many years and I've enjoyed it thoroughly and for the first time in my 8 years as an account holder and All-Access member, I'm really becoming wary about the future of this game.
    Xillean, Naramsin, Mizgamer62 and 7 others like this.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

I don't think this has been thought through. Someone can make a toon, claim 12 year reward, buy plat bags, put in shared bank, delete toon, repeat. Unlimited plat.