EverQuest II is Turning 11!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Leafa Active Member

A vacuum cleaner? You gave me a vacuum cleaner for our anniversary???

(Any sensible partner would quickly reassure that the 'real' present is still to come, then scurry out the door to get a thoughtfully special gift and bring it back pronto. That is what someone who wanted to KEEP their relationship healthy would do.)
    GrunEQ, Belenos, Blackdog and 6 others like this.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

Interesting that so many people are complaining about a FREE gift. Maybe they should check out the past veteran rewards...not all have been great.
    A merc. But if you do not have that PAID account feature, it's useless. And mercs do not scale well with the advancing power curve of the game.
    A prestige house. But if you're not a decorator it is fairly useless, though a rent free house does have some value.
    A Call of the Veteran item! This is great...when it works, that is. That the reuse timer is set whether it (can be/is) used, not so great.
    More house decorations? In my book, this is very meh.
    Vitality recharger? That is actually useful for most! Well, for adventurer experience at least. Too many do not tradeskill to make that very useful.
    365 veteran tokens? This one is actually potentially useful for everybody. 365 tokens can buy a lot of thing on the veteran merchants.

They have not all been great. Some have even been rather stinky, IMO. The one thing they all share, though, is that they are FREE. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Awkk, Kittybock and Kryzia like this.
  3. Sharann Well-Known Member

I think we'd rather had a message from the devs saying Oopps sorry we're behind schedule with all the things on our plate right now but we'll figure something awesome for our most loyal customers who were supporting us since the beginning.

Vet reward is something thrilling, it's something we are waiting for just like children for Xmas. Because the previous gifts have been great. This, is just plain laziness. It's a sour taste in the mouth. It's as if you gave your kid a box to play with instead of a nice Xmas gift. It gives the impression you didn't bother.

If they had said okay here's a bunch of loyalty tokens but we're having plans to add this and this and this to the merchant, it would have been cool. I mean, they come up with a nice-looking mount just for beta testing the latest expansion. o_O
    Naramsin, Pipsissiwa and Prissetta like this.
  4. Gaptia Active Member

The reward is very ridiculous. What do you want to buy with these tokens we don't have allready bought ?
    So, you have no idea for a good reward this year.
  5. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This is another one of those moments in the life of EQ2 you just shake your head and think, yep another "bright" idea that was thought of in desperation. Ridiculous doesn't even fit this, insult has a better ring to it.
    • Yes the veteran rewards have steadily declined for years. Prestige housing usually being a highlight for many, or items that you have to be a veteran to receive, special merc's, mount's, clickie's and the like.
    • Loyalty tokens in game are worthless, and with the latest hiccup on the DB side, many still have problems with their loyalty tokens. Many having three times more or less what they had initially, making them even more worthless.
    • Some have brought up trading them in for the plat, somewhere in the range on 5k plat in return. Hold me back, most of us make four times that in a week of harvesting.
    • Compare it to a Krono some of said, doing the math using current prices on the new merged servers, that will cover approximately 5 days of play time. Krono's currently being 26k on Maj.
    • Its a free item, be happy with it some of said. In reality it is 12 years of loyalty to a game and its idea. Sticking thru many changes, both good and bad. More and more players are leaving the game over changes geared more towards the corporate model vs the adventure this games foundation was built on.
    • Consider a rare merc option that is only usable by the veterans. Even the elite merc's that are already in the game, make them automatically available thru the /claim.
    • Consider adding the chanter merc to this ability.
    • If an item is to difficult, award those members DB cash, something that they can use towards anything in the marketplace.
    • A special mount for every character on the account, not just one per account which seems to be the trend DB is moving towards. Many of us have paid for additional slots on the account only to be slapped in the face with the one per account restriction.
    Will anyone leave over this, doubtful, but it is another nail in the coffin. In the end, many of us will turn the other way and continue to stay in the game for the friendships we have built more than for the game itself. The time will come when we have had enough, or something new appears and pulls folks away.
    Majesty, Alarra, Haloek and 2 others like this.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

When will we get something worth spending them on?
    Sapphirius and Pipsissiwa like this.
  7. Evilgracie Member

How about something easy, like a Fuel depot box that is actually big enough to hold all the various fuel components? Or, a larger Veteran's display crate. After 11 years, can't we have a bigger one? Or a second one? Maybe?
    Naramsin, Belenos, Prissetta and 4 others like this.
  8. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Oh yes please! It really, really, really annoys me that the fuel depot is *just* too small to hold all the normal fuel types - it's ridiculous - why the blooming heck was it designed like that? It didn't fit the fuels available at the time it was introduced, let alone new tiers.
    Belenos, Sejreia, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  9. Alexic Member

You do realize this not a gift,but a reward for being a loyal player? Every item offered by the loyalty merchants I own on one or more of my toons. Transmutation stones? Have over 100 have not even transmuted yet since all my 25 level 100 toons have fully Superior incandescent adornments.

Just saying being a Paid account player for my whole subscription lifetime I feel as many others do that being recognized as ambassadors of the game should be the norm not the exception. I have brought dozens of people to this game over the years through my love of the world we play in. Giving me tokens shows me no appreciation for any of this as I have plenty of platinum also.

Unique items that could be purchased by Joe/Mary noon after a few weeks in game should be the correct choice. The vets are usually the ones that help the nooks when they first join if they have questions. I know I do it frequently for both new and not so new. We all should appreciate and respect the vets of multiple years as they are the true players that have helped to keep the game alive. Jus sayin.....
  10. Eles Well-Known Member

Wow
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  11. Shadoez New Member

Really?...Your serious...I very rarely read this, however I was curious to see what they had for us. I AM a vet who has been w/EQ from 2000 and EQ 1 and EQ 2....I have titles, an Island, mercenary's and some pretty cool stuff, but this is just a kick in the face
    I gotta say...really disappointed - just don't know what else to say..Daybreak you have to 'step up'

[IMG]

The Veteran Reward – 12 Year is claimable once per account.

The team here at Daybreak wants to thank each and every one of you for making Norrath a vibrant, exciting world to be part of. Happy Eleventh Anniversary![/quote]
    Hiza likes this.
  12. Windelk New Member

Wow, that 12 year reward is extremely lame. Hopefully that's just some joke teaser, because it's hard to take it seriously.
  13. spinnock New Member

honestly now that i look back at the original announcement after 3pm yesterday, its almost if they knew we would be outraged and posted it at the very last minute since people were eligible to claim it today. No time for feedback from us to change it, they could of posted the veteran reward info last week, unless they truly did just late yesterday decide to give us this, which i seriously doubt. Now its even more insulting looking at it that it was intended not to be undone
  14. Daelini Active Member

Nice reward...Thanks for the absolutely useless tokens
  15. Lastkiss New Member

Please tell me this is a joke why would I need anymore Loyalty 365 tokens I have 900 plus atm and there nothing there I'm interested in buying with them. Vet rewards should be something big that you can't get in the game that makes people want to play that long to get it. LIKE a DRAGON MOUNT. I mean come on it's 12 year reward really you can't give us something cool for being loyal to this game. Honestly I'm kinda sad atm I need a minute......... :(

Lastkisses
    Pipsissiwa and Juraiya like this.
  16. Kyrieath Member

...I usually try not to be too critical of games and what their developers or even their player base does. But really....I'm with several others on this one: this is so underwhelming, it wouldn't even be a funny April Fools prank.

365 tokens? If you're a 12 year vet, you probably already own all of the loyalty token purchasable items you want and now they're just another ever-growing number in your currency tab, when you bother to do the things needed to earn them. The only thing I could see them as being useful toward are for those temp things that aren't exactly demanding tons of tokens to get either, and a large part of the player base doesn't even bother with. I know not all vet rewards appeal to all players- I've got plenty I've never bothered to claim- but this one's really going that extra mile to the point it almost demands a Jean-luc Picard wall of text art.

I'd even settle for a wing mount reskin over this. :(
    -Actually that might be kind of nice. A set of brown feathered wings.
    Sapphirius likes this.
  17. santargria Well-Known Member

So really what you're saying is - veterans = worthless paying subscribers

I mean really - could you have given less thought to this or chosen a less desirable reward - say 1000 basic coal perhaps?
    Blackdog likes this.
  18. rbm1956 Member

Fantastic this is like giving ice-cubes to eskimo's
    Tkia, Denon and Griffon Lady like this.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Well, when the person you get presents for complains about every thing, you can't go wrong with a gift certificate, right? XD
    Awkk, Kittybock, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  20. Riesswoed New Member

So serer is down for whatsoever reason but it is 9:30 est pm and I still get told it will be 3 hours before my toons can be played.
    Yesterday I got a message saying it would be 10+ hours before I could play them.
    On another note some of my toons are listed on a server that has been listed down for a week and I can not even delete these low level characters because the came will not allow me to. What the heck is going on.
    The game may be 11 years old but service seems to be getting worse not better