EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Digital Pre-Order Items

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

ttobey wrote:
    It needs to be a meatbeast with tiny wings obviously!
  2. ARCHIVED-Korven Guest

Dragon hatchling mount!
  3. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Rairine Guest

Well I guess without news on the Wedding Present I wont be getting the CE, the price for me to preorder is £50 which is £13 more than someone in America would be paying. Seems more than a bit of a con. the digital price should be the same for everyone - make it $60/£37 or $81/£50
  5. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

I giant bat I can ride on, please.
  6. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Rairine wrote:
    +1, couldn't agree more
  7. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

There's already a batwinged flying horse in game inside the Demitrik's Bastion instance. You see it flying about with that named, can't remember it, been awhile since I'd been in there.
    It'd be neat to have those flying horses be of diff colours for players. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-cougardod Guest

What exactly is this "appearance mount"? Is it something we will be able to use on our current mounts and fly with those, or is it usable only on flying mounts to change their appearance? Some clarification would be nice.
  9. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Rairine wrote:
    QFE...at this point I'll stick with standard unless you release some info on this items "special ability".
  10. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

cougardod wrote:
    Arieva@Oasis wrote:
    These questions were answered in podcast 102. The pre-order gryphon was advertised as an appearance, but it will be usable as a mount in its own right with a mini quest to get it to a usable state. And the wedding gift will have the same the same HP buff that the Spear of the Sentries house item from the world event leading up to the Echoes of Faydwer expansion.
  11. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    You don't have to go all that far, the lava fields of Lavastorm also has a flying horseman.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pipsissiwa Guest

Why does everyone always moan about extras offered on expansions etc? If you like them and they appeal to you, buy them. If they dont, don't buy them. Choose the normal version. Ignore the Marketplace. Don't whine that SOE is offering an option you don't like. The game is made for all of us. Not just you. Its a personal thing. Some of us love 'fluff'. In fact I have spent more plat on appearance gear, houses and furniture for my toons than I have useful stuff. Its just what I like doing. Doesn't make me better or worse than you. Others prefer useful stuff and don't place value on houses, appearance or furniture. Which is also fine. Just because you feel strongly one way or another doesn't mean you are in some special position of universal correctness. Its your opinion and taste. Which yes you can express, but don't moan and grumble like you've been mortally wronged.
    It would be nice to have a cheaper option with no fluff at all tho, for those who really dont want it.
    I support the a) Pegasus and b) Clydsdale (or at least a horse option with sturdy legs that dont look like they'll break) ideas. I much prefered the chunky old horse appearance. Just my opinion.
    I like having options and choices. Much better to have options, even options I wouldn't choose (although others may), than none.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bmitchell64 Guest

I have just started exploring the new expansion with my highest toon and made the journey to the high mountain village for my flying mount quest only to find out I cann't get it yet. My toon is at 75 and the collecter edition flying mount adds quests that require a 90-ish level toon to complete. I might as well saved my money and did the in-game quests for free. EQ2, you need to change this immediately or refund me some money.