EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Digital Pre-Order Items

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ealthina Guest

Man am I glad I'm not buying this "expansion"..lol
  2. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

For me, the only real question is about what the Wedding Present exactly does. Is it worth the CE purchase? For example, the burynai shiny pet is still a valued item. Since I didn't pre-order the RoK expansion (because I joined EQ2 mid expansion), I only received an angry lizard chicken house pet. People will still hunt down the names and addresses of active players who have a burynai pet just in the hopes of getting rare shiny collection pieces to use or sell.
    TSO really didn't matter one way or the other. Some people (like myself) bought the SF CE edition for the free 65% speed mount on every one of their future alts. Though in hindsight, this was personally a wasted purchase since my end game main was getting free void shards while farming for the plat in the TSO void shard chests (which I could then use on alts to buy the 50 shard mounts).
    But what about Vellious? The Miragul's home is a toss up depending on your personal taste and style. Many people already have a fixed Appearance armor set which they keep, regardless of the new items and expansions. Therefore the armor is another toss up. Now the flying mount could have some value as a style factor since you'll likely be using your flying mounts a lot. But as it stands, the mount alone isn't worth the CE price add. Therefore the only real item of interest left is the Wedding Present house item.
    What does the Present do? Is it just a pretty status cost reducer like the TSO digital void beast? Does it have a valued in-game function like the burynai? Until we have more information on the Wedding Present, I'd have to say that the CE price add won't be worth it to many people.
  3. ARCHIVED-Avallonn Guest

Has there been any news on which edition that the Fan Faire attendees will be receiving? Collector's or normal?
  4. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Normal, ive seen it multiple places
  5. ARCHIVED-Avallonn Guest

darwich wrote:
    Can you link one? I'm a little dismayed at hearing that honestly. Would think that their fan faire people would get the collector's.
  6. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Hilbur@Mistmoore wrote:
    From Facebook Amnerys 12 hours ago...

EverQuest 2
    ‎[Amnerys] I always thought it was in reference to horses "chomping" at the bit in their mouth! I stand corrected. :)

Fan Faire attendees will receive the standard edition, but we are working on fixing the site so FF folks can purchase the ...CE if they choose to. We are aware that currently they don't have that option.See More
    15 hours ago · LikeUnlike · [IMG] 1 personLoading... ·
  7. ARCHIVED-Chaosonia Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Avallonn Guest

Very nice! Thank you guys! Hopefully it gets fixed and I can upgrade for a decent price, because that's what I want!
  9. ARCHIVED-soulfulwolf Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    I don't own the Velious content already... that would be the new expansion content I referred to.
    Which I would happily pay a reasonable price to add to the complete game I already own, and have purchase now many times over with each new "expansion".
    Why can't they just release a TRUE expansion, with only the new content, so that we don't have to bend over and take it up the bum each time new content comes out by buying the complete game over and over again?
  10. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

releasing all the previous expansions helps bring in new customers.. they only have to buy 1 game from a 8 yr old game to have all the expansions.. really stank on any other game if you come in late, and try to catch up quickly what others have had years to purchase..
  11. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Mewse@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Why do you assume that you're paying for the old content over and over again? You're paying for the new content and they're giving you everything else for free. It's been this way since the first expansion.
    Now, if you just want to gripe (which is how it reads), and you want to have a more legitimate gripe about something, gripe that only brand new accounts get the 30-days of game time with the purchase of said expansion.
    Blizzard does what you ask and charges X amount for only the expansion, and new players have to pay X + X + X + X to get caught up in content. That's hardly fair, don't you think?
  12. ARCHIVED-soulfulwolf Guest

darwich wrote:
    Yeah, I get that, but a least there should be an option. A very long time ago, I think in the EQ1 days, they did release expansion only versions. But over time that was phased out and now you have no choice but to always buy a complete game, which means as time goes on, you are buying less and less new content for your money and more and more content you already own and likely don't even play much anymore since everyone levels so quickly these days.
    The price keeps going up, but the value to us continuing players consistently goes down. Let the new players buy a complete game, but give us continuing players the option to only buy the new content. That seems fair to both types of customer, new and old.
    Shove all that fluff on the marketplace. If people want it, they can buy it.
    And please at least give the puppy a neck if you're going to put a gargantuan collar on the poor thing! ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-soulfulwolf Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    You're simply spinning it in a different direction... what you see as free, I see as greedy marketing tactics.
    I don't play Blizzard games. I've played EQ1 since launch and EQ2 since the DoF release. So my "gripes" are simply my prespective over a decade of playing, and paying for, this game. They asked for feedback and that's what I'm giving :)
  14. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Mewse@Lucan DLere wrote:
    i dont understand how getting all the old expansions means you get less for an expansion? Costs keep going up for EVERYTHING.. gas used to be 80 cents a gallon.. before that it was 50 cents a gallon etc.. prices go up for alot of things.. although it is now MUCH cheaper to by a PC to play these games. The content if not there is not because you are getting the previous expansions, but because the development teams and SOE didnt do their jobs.. period.. I for one am looking excitedly forward to release.
  15. ARCHIVED-soulfulwolf Guest

Okay... when I bought the game, let's say I paid $40 for it... I don't remember now the exact figure, but its not that important. I paid $40 and since the game was new, I paid for 100% new content.
    Now an expansion comes out and it is also $40, which gets me the old game (hey, they threw that in for free so new customers would have a complete game) as well as a whole new continent to explore. So this time for $40, I got 50% content I already have, and 50% content that is new.
    Now the third expansion comes out and it is also $40, which again gets me the old game (see reasoning above... remember, its FREE!) and another new continent. But wait, now 66% of the content I just got is old content I already paid for, and 33% is actually new content, which I paid $40 for.
    Hey look, more time passed and another new expansion comes out, maybe this one adds another race and another new continent to explore... and its $40. So here I am, now getting 75% old content, and 25% new content.. and I paid.. you guessed it... $40.
    Meanwhile... Joe Schmo who has been playing WoW for the last few years decides to give old EQ2 a try and buys the latest expansion. He pays $40, just like I did, but while I am getting 25% new content, he is getting 100% because he's all shiney and new.
    So my $40 gets me the new expansion content, but Joe's $40 buys him a complete game. How is that fair?
    And there have been how many expansions?

But then again, this thread is for discussing the fluff items. Which I am underwhelmed at. So there you go Sony, there is you're feedback.
  16. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Mewse@Lucan DLere wrote:
    if you dont think its fair, then wait 8 years then buy the latest expansion.....
  17. ARCHIVED-chrystalwarrior Guest

darwich wrote:
    First off, without advertising, there are no new customers. Just sayin'
    I do agree that EQ2 is one of the very few games that does give the full game to someone purchasing the most recent expansion and that isn't a bad thing and is quite unusual in the industry. For a new player, it is a heck of a deal.
    But I can understand the long-time players perspective as well. For example, Blizzard recently launched their latest expansion for about the same price as DoV. However, what was contained there was a FULL, brand spanking new expansion.
    For the same price, current EQ2 players are getting a raft of stuff they already have, and 1/2 of an expansion (per the Devs) for the same price. If you plan you buy the expansion anyway, it is really a moot point, but I could see why some folks could consider that to be "less for more".
    If I could just buy the new content for say, $20-25, I would. I am talking about the regular expansion here.
    The DD CE is already discussed elsewhere.
  18. ARCHIVED-soulfulwolf Guest

Murryha@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    AMEN!
  19. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

I like the items Sorry to disappoint the grumbles but there it is.

My first thought when I saw the house was: Finally a place to put all that Frostfell stuff! I mean in July my house looks like Santa's workshop in some places. And all that icy keep stuff! Well I know where it's going

And it's my summerhome after all. That's what it said!

I'm going to enjoy it! Thank you
    PS as for the price well everything has gone up so I'm not surprised.
  20. ARCHIVED-Bun Guest

Ouch.
    I pre-ordered because of the house. I love the Freeblood house and thought (hoped) the Everfrost Summer Home would be as attractive, but it's not. I could live with the blue ice, I could even deal with some snow, but those rimed walls have to go. I think the 1 room housing in New Halas is nicer looking.
    Is it too late for the artists to change that? At the least, will there be an option to purchase different wallpaper?

I wanted to add:
    Regarding the cost, I don't have a problem paying $40-$60 for an expansion, but I came from a game that gave existing players 30 free days with any expansion that came with 30 free days for new players. I was kind of shocked that isn't the case here.