EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Digital Pre-Order Items

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]

From now until February 21, 2011, pre-order the digital version of Destiny of Velious and receive these items on launch day, including an exclusive Digital Pre-Order pet...

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Thanks fo rposting the pictures. I love those paintings and the puppy is very cute. All in all the items look really nice!
  3. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

YAY!!!! finally pictures!! and i LOVE the items!! i cant wait to get my digi CE!! *squees* i think the gryphon is quite possibly one of the coolest looking EQ2 mounts yet(that we have seen so far)! and most of us know im for more clydesdales in game. i am actualy giddy...and the puppy is super cute!!
    [IMG][IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Meriel Guest

As if the ridiculous price wasn't enough to drive me away, the only thing that would've convinced me to purchase CE was the Everfrost Summer Home. Unfortunately, it's butt ugly. I don't like these pre-fab homes with a set theme. I find the simpler templates is where creativity can flow at its finest. Sorry, but less is more sometimes. This is one of those times.
  5. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

Well, this pretty much confirms that the high-ups at EQ2 are outta they're frakkin gourds.
    Leaving the four paintings and the puppy alone, since those are in every edition, what have we got?
    Cryomantic armor: Another re-texture job with fiddly bits stapled on, and not even some of the more decent models to work retexture majic on...
    Stormfeather's Brood Guardian Appearance: Phosphorescent peacock feathers? Seriously? I remember Stormfeather from EQ1...definitely don't remember her being that pansy or pastel.
    Everfrost Summer Home: Oh yeah, because chopping up Castle Mistmoore worked so well, let's do the same for Miragul's Menagerie
    Tserrina's Wedding Present: Not a bad looking house item...no info on what it does, though.
    And for THIS, you want an extra $20? An extra FIFTY BUCKS when the sale's over?
    California, right? I wanna see prescriptions for whatever it is you're smokin'.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

The Menagerie-ish appearance is not that great. I am hoping that it is only the entrance area that looks that way, and the rest of the home is more patterned after Crucible or something more unique.
  7. ARCHIVED-Korven Guest

Nice looking griffon!
    Any chance we can get a picture of the Standard of the Dain - Animated glowing hammer cloak from the retail box?
  8. ARCHIVED-soulfulwolf Guest

UGH... why does the snow hound have that ugly collar and keg? I thought I read that its a Siberian Husky puppy, not a St. Bernard! Would love an alternate appearance with a collarless puppy.

And I agree with the previous statements about the housing... BORING and UGLY are the two things that come to mind. Having a really tough time justifying buying another new expansion that includes all the previous content I already have, and some ugly fluff.

Money, money, money,
    Must be funny,
    In a rich man's world...
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

It's also worth pointing out that the article suggests that you have to Pre-Order to get all the items in the Digital Collector's Edition. In fact the only Pre-Order item is the Snow Hound Pup. Of course with the $90 price who will wait?
  10. ARCHIVED-patches69 Guest

Also, if you dont pre-order and digital download after release you will just get the paintings on standard edition, and the retail standard as well. pre-ordering gets you the extra fluff of the st bernard and cloak.
    I guess I could be happy with the paintings only but it would be nice at least on the collectors edition that it stays at $60 and maybe remove a few items rather than make the price go crazy high after release AND remove items.
    For digital it already seems pretty high, imo.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Torryn@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Seems like a deal to me. Dont like it, dont buy it.
    Try finding a prestige house, appearance armour, appearance mount, and a clicky house item in the marketplace for LESS then this amount. You can't. Because this is a DEAL.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Mewse@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I didnt realize you own velious content already.
  13. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

This is great. I was going to hold off to buy with SC and now that I know you get the paintings (the only thing I wanted) I can.
  14. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Please tell us what the wedding present house item does? :)
  15. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

complain complain complain... if ya dont like it, and have nothing good to say dont buy it... ive tried almost every other MMO, and i always come back to EQ2... there is no other game quite as immersive , and i for one am very VERY excited about getting the CE preorder... i almost cant wait... i may have a heart attack waiting for it...
  16. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    No, it's not a DEAL...it's a friggin JOKE, you're the one they're playin it on, and they're the ones laughing, all the way to the bank. With YOUR money.
    Destiny of Velious has been a giant fiasco since they announced it at Fan Faire. It's been seriously under-promoted, apparently under-developed, obviously under-tested, and definitely over-priced. And don't give me that "$60 is a deal" weak argument you have in the other thread...we've done that dance, and you've got two left feet.
    Pure and simple fact is after the 21st, Sony Online Entertainment expects we the players, to shell out more than DOUBLE the price ($40 for Standard, $90 for CE), for 'bonus' items that are obviously thrown together using the least amount of development time possible. These don't look or feel like Collector's Edition bonuses...they look and feel more like afterthoughts. You know, kind of like the Freeblood for Live players.
    And no, it's not a DEAL because you can't find a collection of similar items on the marketplace for less. Why? Because they OWN the Marketplace. They control EACH and EVERY item that goes on it, and how much they gouge the rubes for it. It -smells- like they've been settin all this up since the beginning of the Age of Smokejumper...and you're walking right into it.
    Make no mistake...what they're doing amounts to little more than racketeering and extortion (look 'em up)...the only thing missing is legal grounds to call 'em on it. They're pushing the limit and pushing the limit, knowing that the EQ2X players (most of whom likely don't know better) and the SOE Flag Brigade (who apparently don't seem to care) will smile, wave their little (imaginary) SOE fanboi flags, and pull out their wallets.
    Well, I'm gonna be one of the ones who step up, look at the Management staff at EQ2, and say "I don't think so."
    Anyone care to join me?
  17. ARCHIVED-Jenny800 Guest

People will always complain about something, just human nature. Damn if ya do and damn if ya don't, no matter what Soe does in someones eyes they can never do a good enough job.
    I am sooooo exitced, can't wait to get all the goodies. I love the mount appearance, all I can say is WOW nice job. I think its a fair price for the CE with all you get with it.
    Thinking of ideas to decorate yet another house, should have stocked up on Frostfell items. I fell like a little kid a christmas...lol Thanks SoE
  18. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Jenny800 wrote:
    yeah... the frostfell items are gona be in high demand once this house goes live... a lot of us are going to kick ourselves for not filling our vaults with frozen items lol
  19. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Torryn@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It's no more a joke than any other money-related offering they throw out, but in terms of that, yes this is a good "deal" if you look at it in terms of what they've been doing in the last year.
    The house would be 1500 SC. The armor would be 1000-1500 SC. The tower house item would be 300-1000 SC (depending on functionality) and the gryphon appearance mount would likely be 1000 SC (a guess because there's no appearance mounts at the moment on Market).
    Add that up and you have 3800-5000 SC for these four items - and that would be one-offs. They've conceded to giving you these for $20 (2000-4000 SC depending on promotions) and one PER character. That means the 7+ that you have now plus any other you create in the future. Divide $20 by the number of toons that you have and then decide if it's a deal TO YOU.
    If it's not a deal TO YOU, then buy the Standard Edition and be done with it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy the CE, or anything else.
    To ME, I unfortunately agree with Gungo for once, and, given the current state of mind at SOE HQ, this is a deal. Hell, it's still a deal when they charge $50 for the fluff.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Regarding the items themselves:
    I think the armor looks neat, would have loved to see both armor and a mage robe set though.
    I think the house looks very.. busy.. texturally. I'd need to see it in person before deciding if I'd use it for anything other than saving 5g a week.
    I think the pup is cute.
    I think the paintings are very pretty, and if they are indeed "port"raits then all the better. I'm guessing they're going to be House-Only though, so putting a set in the GH won't be an option.
    I think the appearance mount looks very neat. I suspect a fire version will follow on the Marketplace - phoenix anyone?