EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Digital Pre-Order Items

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Murryha@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Just because there are 2 expansions planned on the same continent doesn't really mean you're getting "Half of an expansion". WoW also makes you wait twice as long to give you one expansion, and they changed a bunch of the old world art with the expansion, so yeah, you were buying the same content over again. If you think you're angry now you can't get Everything the devs ever thought of for velious just think how you would feel if you had to wait as long as a Blizzard design cycle to get velious at all... We've had twice the expansions WoW had. I'd be willing to entertain some arguments about who has more actual content after basically the same amount of live time. Count up all the raid zones we have vs how many they do. All the instances. How many quests? And our whole expansion won't be completely Beat down to the last mob 9 days in, like Wow's was, so please, quit with the Wow. They're better marketed. yeah. they have a more flexible (not better, more flexible) UI... and that's all they have...
    We get Christopher Lee, Heather Graham, Wil Wheaton, Dwight Schultz for voiceovers...
    They get Verne Troyer to wiggle his fingers in a commercial.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tallhart Guest

Arieva@Oasis wrote:
    Concur. :) Please tell us what the effect on the wedding present is!!!!
    With the info we have now I'm not going to buy the CE. It looks like nothing but fluff. Not that there's anything wrong with fluff, but it should have some useful stuff too to be worth the extra cost. That's IMHO of course. Some people are fluff addicts, and their mileage might vary. But previous CEs had useful items in them too, like the 65% runspeed Highlands Stalker mount for all my baby alts.

OK, I guess you can argue that the house is non-fluff. But I already have the 7-year free veteran's house.
    So, unless the wedding present does something particularly useful or interesting, I'll pass on the CE.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yaskel Guest

Umber@Guk wrote:
    Yep I'm thinking the same. :/
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I guess collector's edition are Digital Download only, Gamestop only had the standard version for pre-order.
  5. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Oh blah, the appearance mount is based on the sokokar.
    Same flying position, same thin then wide wings.
    Those wings really do not work...they kinda worked for the sokokar but really don't, imho, for this griffin. It's as if it lost a huge amount of feathers near its body that it would need for lift. Look at the griffs in TS and the travel griffs. They have that set of feathers for lift.
    I know, and I've used the same reasoning before, it's fantasy. But sometimes fantasy needs just a little bit of reality to make it look good.
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Doesn't look anything like a Sokokar to me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    You are basing much on a single, not so large screenshot.
  8. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Umm yeah.. thats been said 100 times :)
  9. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    I agree. It's the sokokar wing model... actually it looks a lot like they took the sokokar, covered the face and added a griffon head. I wouldn't have seen it now, until you pointed it out, but I bet we ALL see it when DoV comes out... here's hoping the regular griffon model is used for the quested mount...
    With the wider wing span, the legs will have to come into play a lot more when taking off and landing... maybe flying will require a double jump.... using running momentum to get moving.
    I know, I know... inertia only exists in this game selectively...
  10. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

when do we get any info about what the wedding present is? Without this info I'm not spending $60
  11. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    No, but look at how the legs are positioned in that flight screenshot.
    Look at the way the wings are shaped, thin and then the wing fills out like the sokokar's.
    Next time you ride a sokokar, look at the leg positioning, the way the wings are formed.
    The appearanance mount is based on the sokokar model.
  12. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Morghus wrote:
    I see the image rather large and clear on my monitor.
    I'm currently taking my Assassin thru RoK. When I use the sokokar in Fens, I tend to rotate the camera angle around to study the wing movements of the sokokar. I tend to study the animation of the travel mounts, especially on long trips such as from Teren's Grasp to Fens.
    When the sokokar flies, bringing the wings into a down or up beat, the shoulder of the wing where it connects to the shoulder of the body is rather prominent. The wings tend to curve in the downbeat, such as in the screenshot, and curl under the body slightly before coming back up.
    As it flies, the forelegs are in a one held up/the other hanging loose. The backlegs are loosely hanging.
    I understand having to reuse skeletons and skins, but I wish they'd used the travel mount griffin.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    Mmmmmm.. Kool Aid, someone drank it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

darwich wrote:
    Sorry I don't feel like delving into the past pages :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    I maintain that you are basing it off of one screenshot, that does not truly convey much about it or its motions. That is all I will say about it.
  16. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    The new griffin mount is brand new model, the sokokar wasn't used as a reference.
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Mewse@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You do realize, that when EQ1 was selling only the expainsion, thats was ALL they where selling, just like WoW does now. They occationally had "Battle Chest" versions come out, that didn't include the current expainsion, but they never offered an Expainsion Only version(at a cheaper price) alongside an "All-in-One" version, and even if they did. Here in THIS GAME, they did twice sell "expainsion only versions" of the game, specifically EoF and RoK(for a few weeks), guess what the price was? THE EXACT SAME as the All-in-one, because your PAYING FOR THE EXPAINSION, infact it was because they where the same price(because the 'current content' was free) it caused alot of confusion with new players, wich is why they stopped selling the "expainsion only" version(again at the same price because that is what they where selling).
  18. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Mewse@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Exept you WOULDN'T get "JUST THE EXPAINSION" for $20-25 you would get NOTHING for that, cause it is the EXPAINSION that you are buying. Remember EoF and RoK(for a short time) had both "Expainsion only" versions and "Retail All-in-One" versions, and guess what they where BOTH $40 because, it was how much those expainsions cost.
    Your basic argument boils down to, "As long as they hurt new players by forcing them to pay 100s of Dollars for YEARS OLD Stuff" I would be ok with buying the expainsion at full price, because that is exsactly what WoW does.
    BTW, even DoF and KoS (DoF being stand alone, and KoS being KoS+1-50 game(at retail)) where MORE then $20-25 each. So now your asking for them to spend Twice as long in development and charge about $5-10 less then DoF/KoS, so you can "Feel" like your not getting ripped off.
  19. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Ah, I was wrong, my apologies. I meant no offense. Thank you for confirming.
    I just think the wings look really odd and they make me twitch because there's no lifting feathers near the body, but hey, Norrath is a magical place. :D
    Question: will there be mounts based on other birds? I'd love to see one based on a parrot or some other colourful bird. A bird of paradise type would look neat but prolly be a headache to animate. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Great news. I'm glad I'm proven wrong here.
    btw TT, if I haven't said so lately, you do beautiful work.