Everfrost Endeavors

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Feara, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

The scares just keep on shockin', boils and ghouls! The undead are reclaiming Norrath and seem to be having all sorts of dilemmas acclimating to being above ground. Sinister beasts in peril! It's utter chaos, friends. Walk softly and carry a sharp, silver-pointed stick!
    • Saturday, October 26th around 4:30 pm - A hungry-looking fellow has been spotted roaming around Turmoil Cemetery in the Commonlands, in search of a snack.
    • Sunday, October 27th around 1 pm - Darnit, Jim! She's a hunter, not a priest. How is she supposed to help this poor, injured thing? Kindly souls can find her fretting in Greater Faydark.
    Also, rumor has it that the highly sought-after Creepy Catalog has managed to work its way into even more hands, in an effort to spread its terror across Norrath. Ask about! You never know who might have a copy! Bwahahahahahaha!

Please remember all times are Pacific USA Time Zone and are subject to change in the event that the creature known as RealLifetmsneaks up on our Guides!
  2. Elyshka Senior Guide

Let me "axe" you a quest, folks... Who here wants to help out a Dwarf seeking some very unique weaponry? Well, now is your chance! Make your way to the Butcherblock Mountains on Tuesday, October 29th around 5 pm and follow the echoing battlecry.

And, of course, the Creepy Catalog is creeping across Norrath like a plague. Keep your ears open for bumps in the night and get a copy for yourself before they're gone! ((Please note - the Creepy Catalog quest is not repeatable, so if you've done it in the past, perhaps you should channel an alternate personality if the opportunity arises.))

Please remember all times are Pacific USA Time Zone and are subject to change in the event that the creature known as RealLife tm sneaks up on our Guides!
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

You'll be seeing Guides off and on throughout the day and well into the night today! I know that I'll be dragging around a sack full of treats and my Creepy Catalog, so if you haven't had the opportunity to get it, keep your eyes on the General channel for strange occurrences!

Also, rumor has it that the Aether Racing Pirates are going to be pulling into port in the Thundering Steppes this afternoon around 3 pm and will setting up their racing track for those of you looking for a hair-raising good time this evening. The track will be up for 6 hours, then it'll be time to tear it down so they can get ready for the upcoming City Festival, so be sure to give it a spin while you can!

Please remember all times are Pacific USA Time Zone and are subject to change in the event that the creature known as RealLife tm sneaks up on our Guides!
  4. Phrauggy Guide

He is at it again, the most elusive gnome of all time once again challenges the residents of Norrath! Be in Antonica by the lighthouse tonight Sunday 11/3/2013 at around 5pm for further details! He won't wait long.
  5. Elyshka Senior Guide

The spirits wail, their cries heralding the portent of a curse unleashed upon a pair of star-crossed lovers... or, perhaps they be moon-crossed, instead? Will the brave step forth to lend comfort and solace during this battle between good and evil? Hushed whispers echo... Come to Port Naythex, in the darkened Forest of Nektulos. On Tuesday, the struggle will commence, at the midpoint between Noon and Midnight. Your delay could mean their doom!

Yikes! That sounds serious. Hopefully there will be kind souls around on Tuesday evening, around 6 pm Pacific, to lend a hand!

6. Zaes Guide

You's never believe what I's heard! While's I was stealing the crumbs of adventurer's in the local tavern, I's overheard that Minstrel Loresinger will be in Antonica! I's think he is lookings to make a lamp of some sort. Yes, yes! That was it! He needs helps making a lamp. He will be nears the Coldwind Point Lighthouse in Antonica on Sunday November 10th around 12PM Noon Pacific.
  7. Nitestar Member

I am waiting and do not see you!

Nitestar
  8. Phrauggy Guide

*Froark!* You would never have thought an Ogre of all creatures of Norrath would care about the beauty of flowers, specific flowers! Find Prunella in the Commonlands near the docks on Monday 11/11/2013 at around 5pm PST for more details.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Zaes Guide

Oyen Loresinger is rumored to bes near the docks of the Commonlands tomorrows, November 24th, at 9AM PST. Word is, he's looking for some helps with an old family heirloom!
  10. Elyshka Senior Guide

The great feasting day is just a couple days away! I've been stewing, roasting, and baking delicious dishes for my clan, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one making preparations for the upcoming Frostfell holidays! In fact, I know of a few folks who could probably use a hand getting ready this Thursday:
    • Thursday, November 28th around 9 am - A rather panicked ratonga needs help with his meal preparations in Antonica. You'll find him in a frenzy at his camp near the South Qeynos gate.
    • Thursday, November 28th around 12 pm - Even the fae in Greater Faydark are scrambling to get their dinners ready in time for their guests' arrivals. Glide on over to the Silver Leaf Inn if you can lend a hand!
    • Thursday, November 28th around 2 pm - Who wants to watch the foozball, when you could soar high above the mountains in the Thundering Steppes?! The Aether Racing Pirates will be setting up their mechanized miracle near the docks, so stop on by and give it a whirl! The track will be up for 6 hours, so enjoy the fantastic views while you can!
    • Thursday, November 28th around 6 pm - Calling all decorators! Your expertise is needed to help a new homeowner deck his halls in time for Frostfell. Put on your thinking caps and head to Gorowyn to help out!
    No matter where you are or what you're doing, we hope that you have a safe and happy holiday (or Thursday, because Thursdays are important too!) Of course, these rumors are only the ones that I've heard about. Who knows what other mischief may crop up between now and then?
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You need to put in a warning of you're going to take something of value from someone and only award them three 30 minutes drinks. I had the misfortune of running into a guide on Everfrost at 10pm pacific on 12/03/2013 (Leeshaa) giving a false impression that if we brought her notebooks, she would copy a rare book so that the story would never be lost. I had never done this event and having done nearly all, with the exception of the one they never run (that awards the house item wolf you pet to attain SoW) so I deftly picked up a lovely Mastercrafted Dragon Hide notebook. Surely my sage cousin Faekuu the Bookbinder would not be upset over my taking her last notebook of such fine quality, as it was going to be filled with lovely stories and would forever hold a special place in her office...

I get 3 cider

Perhaps I mistook the event, but if I am never heard from again, don't be too harsh on Faekuu, she so loves the work she puts in to crafting her rarest notebooks.

Signed,
    Inkuu Zishun, Soon-to-be scolded Inquistor of Everfrost
  12. Nitestar Member

Hi Kuulei, How many books did you bring her? When I did the quest I remember her telling me she needed two books--one for her and one for me. If you brought her only one then maybe that is what the reward is? The drinks?
  13. Elyshka Senior Guide

Oh dear, Inkuu, I hope that Faekuu was kind to you, given this terrible misunderstanding. :(

I spoke with Leeshaa, and she's dreadfully sorry about the miscommunication. She's been ever so upset with all of the holiday advertisements saying that Zamano's tinkered device makes a great Frostfell gift, so it's possible that in her anxious state, her instructions might not have been as clear as they could have been. Nitestar is correct, in that Leeshaa does need notebooks to help preserve her precious stories, but she [Leeshaa] explained to me that she's more than happy to make copies of her treasured tales if you bring additional notebooks along for yourself. She begs for your pardon (and that of Faekuu, as well), and asks that you let Faekuu know that her beautifully bound notebook holds a place of honor in her library.

I promised her that I'll return to visit with her soon, and I shall endeavor to help her find a way to provide further clarification in the future.

We appreciate your continued support of the Guide Program by providing your feedback, and we hope to see you in Norrath again very soon!
  14. Phrauggy Guide

Greetings Citizens of Norrath,

I have been spending some time outside of the pond this past week. While I was traveling through the Commons I met a Farmer and his wife. Poor guy was concerned for his livestock. If you're interested in helping him you can find him in the Commonlands around 6pm on 12/8/2013.

During my adventures in the Commons, I thought how nice it would be to sit on the beach in the Enchanted Lands. So I traveled by boat, when I got there I met a man who seemed quite frustrated. I tried asking him what was wrong, but he kept stamping his feet in utter annoyance. If you're willing to help you can meet him in the Enchanted lands at around 11am 12/8/2013., but don't tarry long, for his hunting party must get started on time.

As always times are strictly Pacific time zone.
  15. Phrauggy Guide

*Whistles a tune as he decorates his Pond*

Santa Glug is Coming To Frostell Town!

I am so excited everyone, Santa Glug is coming to town! This week on Saturday 12/14/2013 at around 1pm in Antonica, you can meet some very festive individuals. Be sure to visit, as they spread the wonderful cheer this year!
  16. Elyshka Senior Guide

[IMG]

Isn't it exciting? Now that Frostfell has arrived, things are bustling all across Norrath as folks prepare to spend time with their loved ones and enjoy the holiday season. I've heard a few rumors that you might find rather intriguing indeed:

• Friday, December 20th around 11 am - A clumsy Gigglegibber has been spotted with an armload of gifts in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. I sure hope he doesn't slip on the ice!
    • Saturday, December 21st around noon - A sweet little dragon is rather desperate for his Frostfell wish to come true. Make your way to the Frostfang Sea if you're filled with the giving spirit!
    • Saturday, December 21st around 7 pm - Interested in some Frostfell lore? A charming snowlady will be visiting the Frostfell Wonderland Village this evening, and she's eager to share some tales with you! (She also hinted that if you'd like to bring a blank notebook with you, she'll even scribe her tale for you to keep!)
    • Sunday, December 22nd around 10 am - This little dark elf doesn't want presents for Frostfell -- he wants revenge! If being on Santa's naughty list doesn't faze you, roll up your sleeves and get yourself to Gorowyn!
    • Sunday, December 22nd around 5 pm - A rather shy little Goblin is hoping to catch the eye of Santa Glug. Maybe you can help! Meet with him in the Frostfang Sea, and you might even catch a glimpse of Santa Glug himself in the good, green flesh!
    • Monday, December 23rd around 2 pm - Time is running out for the Queen's finest decorator, and he's short of ideas! If you're brimming with inspiration, find him in Kelethin.
    • Tuesday, December 24th around 10 am - Poor little ogre! He's so eager to leave something special for Santa Glug, but he's having no luck at all! Pop on over to Gorowyn if you can lend a hand.
    • Tuesday, December 24th around 6 pm - That bumbling Gigglegibber is at it again! You'll find him slip sliding away in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Wednesday, December 25th from 10 am until 4 pm - The Flying Freebooters are coming to town! These gnomes might not be green, but if you're afraid of heights, you just might be! Make your way to the Thundering Steppes and enjoy the Aether Races!
  17. Elyshka Senior Guide

The little dark elf was made to accompany his family to some horribly festive holiday gathering and found himself quite unable to find a way to sneak out without being noticed, so he's had to revise his plot for revenge. He's hoping that he'll be able to slip away during afternoon luncheon time tomorrow (12 pm noon, 12/23/2013, Gorowyn), when the adults will be adequately distracted.
  18. Elyshka Senior Guide

I've gotten the most wonderful postcard from Frostyne Crystal'Quill, the snowlady historian. She says that she and the Frostfell'Fae had such a lovely time visiting with you all last Saturday that she's going to be returning for another visit to Frostfell Wonderland Village on Sunday, December 29th, a little after 4 pm. She hopes that you'll join her for another tale about the snowpeople and share in some holiday cheer. Oh, and she also says to tell you that she'll be telling a new story this time, so be sure to bring a blank notebook or two if you'd like to save the tale to read during the warmer seasons ahead.

And look! There's a lovely photo on the back of the postcard and everything --

[IMG]
  19. Elyshka Senior Guide

Due to an unfortunate encounter with a low-hanging torch, Lady Crystal'Quill will need to delay her visit. Rather than stopping by this evening, she will be arriving tomorrow instead. Please note the following schedule change - Monday, December 30th, around 4:30 pm Pacific.
  20. Gryger Halifax Guide

I have heard rumors of an interested party who will be in the Butcherblock Mountains tomorrow trying to learn more of the ancient axes of the dwarves of Kaladim!

* Sunday, 01/05/14 @ 0800 (Pacific)