Everfrost Endeavors

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Feara, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

Some of you may have noticed a few sharks in the water this morning. Our furry friend is going to take the long way around and will be swimming in some time in the early afternoon instead. Keep your ears open for strange whisperings!
  2. Elyshka Senior Guide

Holy catfish, y'all! You won't believe the amount of mail that I've gotten recently. It seems that word is getting around about how helpful you all are, so people are turning to the Guides to help find suitable help for all manner of tasks. This weekend is shaping up to be a whirlwind of activity, so be sure to pace yourself and don't skip any meals or naps!
    • Friday, September 13th around 8 am - A love-sick Gnome is seeking assistance with a gift. He's managed to work up the courage to travel as far as Gorowyn Beach, but the sight of those scorpions has left him trembling near the griffon stand. Won't you help the poor thing?
    • Friday, September 13th around 3 pm - It's time for Friday Night Flights! The Thundering Steppes Aether Racing track will be up for 6 hours this evening (between 3 pm and 9 pm), so put on your flight goggles and see if you can top the leaderboard!
    • Saturday, September 14th around 10 am - Do you recall the time when you were an apprentice, yearning for danger and intrigue? Perhaps you should stop by Coldwind Point in Antonica and lend an ear to a budding young bard who is eager to jump feet first into adventure. Judging from the sounds of things, he could really use some help...
    • Saturday, September 14th around 4 pm - Fancy yourself a fact fanatic? Can you creatively conjure a clever conundrum? The Riddlemaster is returning to Greater Faydark to match wits with the masses! Join him in Kelethin, near the Kelethin Regional Bank, to register!
    • Sunday, September 15th around 2 pm - A proud papa is seeking strong individuals capable of tending his rugrats clan while he attends to some errands in Neriak. If you've got patience to spare and a willingness to tolerate repeated kicks to the shin, come to Darklight Wood to volunteer.
    • Sunday, September 15th around 7 pm - A Gnome in Rivervale? That's certainly something that you don't see every day, but if the rumors are true, one has been spotted lurking near the Fool's Gold in the evenings. I wonder what he could possibly be up to?
    Feara likes this.
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

A recent orcish raid on Bulgille's farm has left him in a terrible state. He'll be okay (I think it's mostly nerves, to be honest), but sadly there's no convincing him to leave his house tonight. Once he's in a better frame of mind, I'll be sure to let you know! He's asked me to relay his apologies to everyone, and that he's hoping to meet with you all soon.
  4. Elyshka Senior Guide

The soothsayer peered into the fire, studying the flames as they danced about in some ancient undulation that can only be interpreted by the wisest of prognosticators.
    "Well, what do you see?" Elyshka queried, eager to know what excitement lies in wait over the coming days ahead, but seeing nothing in the campfire save for flares caused by fat dripping off of a haunch of vulrich as it spun lazily on the tinkered rotisserie spike.
    As the wizened shaman spoke, Elyshka quickly jotted down her visions, determined to piece together their meanings:
    • Saturday, September 21st around 2 pm - A farmer's work is never done, it seems. How is one supposed to deal with errands in the city AND make repairs on the equipment? This sounds like the perfect opportunity to hire out some farm hands! Able-bodied folks who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty should meet near the North Qeynos gate in Antonica for further details.
    • Saturday, September 21st around 6 pm - Clever Ratonga is clever -- or so he thinks! Can he out-tinker the tinkerer? There's only one way to find out! Rumor has it, he's been spotted lurking in Steamfont near the path leading to Butcherblock Mountains in and Greater Faydark. He's a sneaky sort, so be sure to look in places that a Ratonga might be scurrying about!
    • Sunday, September 22nd around 2 pm - Oh bother! How is a chef supposed to create culinary masterpieces if he keeps running out of his finer ingredients? Since it's not possible to tend the stove and trot around Greater Faydark for tasty morsels, it appears that our Halfling friend will simply need to hire some assistants. Volunteers and curiosity seekers should report to the Sapling Spur Outpost for instructions.
    • Monday, September 23rd around 10 am - A frosty diva will be popping by New Halas with fashion tips to take you from drab to fab! Sashay your way to the Frostfang Sea, and be prepared to turn and work, fashionistas!
    • Tuesday, September 24th around 5 pm - Word has been making its way through the ranks of the Nerian guard to be on the lookout for a cranky old Gnome accosting citizens in the Darklight Wood. He's recently been spotted surveying "his" lands and generally wreaking havoc in the region around T'Vatar Post. Perhaps the codger's a bit off his rock-o-matic chair?
  5. Phrauggy Guide

*Gulp, Phrauggy swallows another fat juicy fly whole!*

Oh my, this week looks exciting indeed. I've heard of a small dragon running rampant in the cities of Norrath. Shh, don't tell him I said he's small, I've heard this particular pup wants to be big and strong just like Ol' Naggy. Find him on Sept 24, 2013 at around 7pm PST on the docks of the Isle of Mara. I am sure he would be delighted to have a meal of...er...with anyone that shows up.

*Hops away humming a tune about flies as he waves goodbye with his large webbed hands.*
  6. Elyshka Senior Guide

Our diva's assistant just delivered a message from Herself. Unfortunately, a wardrobe malfunction seems to have struck and caused quite a bit of embarrassment among the royals in the snow village. Sadly, it will take a bit of time for her to return home, sort out the mess, and make her way back to New Halas, but she wishes to note that she will be visiting on Wednesday, 09/25/2013 around 11 am instead. Please make a note of the change in time and date.
  7. Elyshka Senior Guide

Oooh! In addition to our darling diva in the late morning, it appears that a handsome prince will be needing your help to make his fairy tale come true tomorrow evening. If you believe in happy endings, hop into your pumpkin coach and be whisked away to Antonica on Wednesday, September 25th at 6 pm pacific to help our dashing hero rescue his maiden fair from a terrible curse!
  8. Phrauggy Guide

*Gulps as he swallows a giant juicy bumble bee*

Oh my, my, my! What a week this has been. This weekend holds more surprises as the rumors come in full swing! On Friday September 27th, 2013 at around 8:30pm in New Halas by the docks. A gnome will be waiting for adventurers to participate in his contest. Be sure to be on time, he is on a tight schedule.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Phrauggy Guide

*Holds up a glass and cheers his fellow residence of Everfrost!*

Do you enjoy Dwarven parties? Sharing their frothy ale, and perhaps diving from the cliff tops! If you answered yes then I have news for you. On Saturday 9/27/2013 at around 2pm in Butcherblock Mountains join a group of party loving Dwarves as they hold a contest for all to enjoy!
  10. Elyshka Senior Guide

Goodness me! I almost forgot about the Wood Elf Food and Wine Festival! You wouldn't think that a halfling would pass up an opportunity for a free meal, but unfortunately I drew the short straw and have to clean all of the baseboards in the Guide hall, so I won't be able to make it. Don't let my absence deter you from attending!

Tomorrow, September 29th, around 5pm (give or take a little), head to Greater Faydark and feast yourselves on the finest foods this year's harvest has to offer. Many of the Guides will be present to offer samples of these tasty delights, so make sure you stop by!
  11. Elyshka Senior Guide

12. Phrauggy Guide

I was hopping around minding my own business chasing flies when I spotted a hiding Gnome. Well, he wasn't doing a very good job of it. I went over to see what he was hiding from. It turns out that he's being chased by a hungry Troll! If you wish to help him out go to the Commonlands pier at around 8pm on 10/4/2013, ask for Fizzlekog, he may be hiding behind a barrel.
  13. Phrauggy Guide

*While Taking a sip of his juicy fly mead, he notices a man come into the Tavern looking for assistance. As he walks around to each table asking for help a dwarf approaches in and offers his services. For a small payment of course.*

Saturday 10/5/2013 at around 7pm PST - Looking for more coin to buy more spirits this old dwarf Halden took up a job and seems to have misplaced it. Come to Antonica near the Lighthouse tonight if you would like to help him find what it is he lost.
  14. Elyshka Senior Guide

The air has been growing noticeably cooler, and as the veil between Norrath and the Ethernere thins, the undead of Norrath seem to be more active than usual. The Nights of the Dead will soon be upon us, so be sure you're locking your doors and windows before sleep! Who knows what strange things will be going bump in the night?
    • Sunday, October 6th around 5:30 pm - A gnomish tinkerer is looking for help creating a new, brighter light source in the hopes that it will keep the monsters out from under his bed. Find him in Timorous Deep, hiding in the cave by the docks.
    • Monday, October 7th around 10 am - Necromancy is an art which requires immense skill (as well as a strong stomach). One such summoner seems to be at odds with his trainers at the Arcane Academy of Science. Is there something that even these grand scholars want no part of? Find out by joining him in North Freeport.
    • Monday, October 7th around 4 pm - A young dragon seeks to improve his standing among his peers. Perhaps you can find a way to help? Make your way to the Commonlands to lend a claw... er, hand. Paw?
    • Tuesday, October 8th around 5 pm - Calling all crafters! Have you ever found yourself in need of more storage space? That's the bane of all adventurers - all that swag and nowhere to put it! One fashion-forward shopper seems to be in that very predicament. Perhaps you'll find it in your heart to lend a hand to one lovely ogress who has been vacationing near the Raven's Roost in New Halas?
    • Wednesday, October 9th around 12 pm noon - Ghostly moans and shouts for vengeance have been plaguing the citizens of the Greater Faydark. Do you dare investigate the sounds coming from Orc Hill?
    Please remember all times are Pacific USA Time Zone and are subject to change in the event that the creature known as RealLifetm sneaks up on our Guides!
  15. Phrauggy Guide

I met a fine little Arasai who is in dire need of help. She is working on creating some fancy arrangements for her house. Alas, she has run out of ingredients! Find her at around 8pm in Antonica near the Lighthouse if you wish to help her!
  16. Phrauggy Guide

The night air is cool and moist, as sure to be a nice fall season. Phrauggy always did enjoy a nice evening under the stars in the coolness of the air in Autumn.

Saturday 10/12/2013 at around 4pm pst - A young dragon seeks help finding trinkets, baubles anything really. If you wish to help him head to Antonica to lend a helping...appendage.
  17. Phrauggy Guide

Calling all heroes, Calling all heroes! At around 2pm PST on 10/13/2013 there will be a man visiting the Commonlands seeking assistance with a dilemma. All interested parties should find him near the gate to Freeport.
  18. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hurrah! It's finally here! The Nights of the Dead festival is in full swing, and I'm not going to miss a single minute! This is my favorite time of year, and you'll be seeing the footprints left by my fuzzy feet all over Norrath! Keep a sharp eye on that special General communications channel for shrieks and surprises hosted by the Guides of Everfrost! You never know when to expect someone to jump out of the shadows for a bit of fun, but here are a few things coming up soon:
    • Tonight, 10/18/2013, around 5 pm - A certain silly halfling will be in Antonica with a very special, creepy-looking tome.
    • Saturday, 10/19/2013, around 10 am - Undeterred by all the holiday foolishness, Master Researcher Azureflame will be in the Frostfang Sea in search for more curious fungoid creatures for his studies. Will any kind souls heed his call for help?
    • Saturday, 10/19/2013, around 5 pm - It's time for spooky campfire tales in Nektulos Forest! I'll be setting up camp over near that ghastly Hedge Hollow, so the screams within will add a bit of ambiance to our tales. I might even bring that creepy-looking tome with me!
    • Sunday, 10/20/2013, throughout the day - I'll be dropping by to check out the fantastic costumes and sample all the tasty treats across Norrath. Hope to see you there!
    Please remember all times are Pacific USA Time Zone and are subject to change in the event that the creature known as RealLifetmsneaks up on our Guides!
  19. Phrauggy Guide

*Looks very excited as he hops around* Nights of the dead is here! Nights of the Dead is here! I'm so excited.

Today 10/19/2013 around 3pm - Ever wondered what a zombie thinks about on his days off from scaring the local villagers? Come to loping plains and head to the Somborn Cemetery to find out more.
  20. Elyshka Senior Guide

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    With the scarecrows a'yellin'
    And ev'ryone screaming at them with such fear
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    It's the creep-creepiest season of all
    With Halden's ghost stories and zombies so gory
    I just saw something move on that wall (/em points and shrieks)
    It's the creep-creepiest season of all
    There'll be parties for hosting
    Marshmallows for toasting
    And trick or treating out in the cold.
    There'll be scary ghost stories
    And tales of the glories of
    Norrath from long, long ago...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't forget to check out the Guide Program page on Facebook! Tinkered phot-o-matics have been snapping portraits front, back, and sideways of all of the spooky costumes and wacky antics happening on Everfrost! You might even see yourself (costumed or otherwise), so take a peek! And, if you're interested in becoming a Guide, check out our Guide Application and F.A.Q! See you in Norrath!
    [IMG]