Everfrost Endeavors

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Feara, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

July may be winding down, but Tinkerfest is just heating up! Make sure you keep your ears wide open for any strange clangs, twongs, and other things that go kaboom in the night!

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  2. Elyshka Senior Guide

Elyshka sits down on a wooden bench, sipping a delightfully bubbly fizzlepop and fanning herself with a folded bit of parchment. A grin creeps across her face as she watches folks dash to and fro, as they eagerly comb the ground for discarded trinkets and cogs that have fallen from malfunctioning clockworks. In the distance, she spots an acquaintance that she hasn't seen in a very long time. In her eagerness to catch up with the Gnome, she leaves her parchment fan lying on the bench. In an act of kindness, you go to retrieve it and are surprised to see that there are words scribed upon the underside...
    • Saturday, August 3rd around 9 am - Ugh! If I'd known that there were so many dangers in the Withered Lands, I would have never agreed to take that tour! Now all of my precious research is lost with no one... Wait a tick! Adventurers! They're always keen to do a task if there's some payment in it for them! I'll just post a notice that I need brave, strong assistants of at least 85 seasons to meet with me at the New Combine Foothold. Hrm... I'd probably better include something about payment -- Free prototype of my latest invention for successful recovery of schematics. There! That's perfect! Now, let's see if anyone buys it...
    • Saturday, August 3rd around 2 pm - Do you fancy a good cup of tea? This young inventor does, but his contraption still needs a bit of testing. Come see him near the Tinkerfest celebration station in Gorowyn to lend a hand.
    • Sunday, August 4th around 11 am - Intrepid researcher, Lanabeth Blitzbolt, is still hard at work trying to replicate those pre-Cataclysm clockworks. Find her at Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont to offer your expertise (or your amazing skills at running around and finding stuff, Norrath's least lauded but most crucial ability!)
    • Sunday, August 4th around 6 pm - It seems that you just cannot get good help anymore. You turn your back for one minute and your buffoon of an assistant manages to not only fuse the foozlebit to the knockspindle, but has also managed to single-handedly misplace every. Single. Replacement part. *sigh* QUALIFIED individuals can report to the Tinkerfest celebration station at Dropship Landing Zone in the Moors of Ykesha. Assistance is greatly required.
    • Monday, August 5th around 11:30 pm - Lanabeth is burning the midnight oil, eager to crack the code on these most ancient mechanisms. She'll be milling around in Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont, nose firmly pressed into that tome of hers.
    • Tuesday, August 6th around 10 am - All these Gnomes running around Steamfont has sure stirred up a fierce appetite for one troll. It's been a difficult task, but he's finally come up with a solution to catch one. Find him lurking around the road to Klak'Anon if you wish to help.
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

*shakes a tiny, angry fist at Fizzlethorp Bristlebane and sighs deeply*

Every time. EVERY TIME folks make plans, things get misplaced or random goblins pop up and nab things, and... Oh! What a pain in the backside, lemme tell ya!

((Please note - either or both of these events may be delayed or cancelled without further notice due to in-coming RL dragon strikes. We'll do our very best to keep you informed, but the hatches are being battened at the moment and there may not be sufficient warning to let you all know. Again, sincerest apologies about this to you all. :( ))
  4. Phrauggy Guide

Phrauggy smiles as he catches another big fat juicy fly. As he hops back to his lilly pad he sits down and begins to mutter, as if trying to remember something. As you, the adventurers pass by his pond you hear a small voice as if he is trying to remember something....
    • Sunday, at around 2:30, Mipkin can be found at the docks in the common lands Enchanted Lands (Mipkin changed his mind, he likes the fishing there much better) to hire some adventurers to fill his fishing barrels to help feed his clan. This has been a rough fishing season for him, so he needs all the help he can get, but be quick about it, he has to get back to his clan before they all starve.
    Feara likes this.
  5. Rosita Senior Guide

That crazy dwarf is stalking the docks in Halas, looking for help finding some fungoids for a little experimentation. If you think you can help her, she should be there today (8/8/13) at about 4pm (pst).
  6. Phrauggy Guide

Once again the "brilliant" tinkerer Zamano is trying to push his new invention on the citizens of Norrath. Leesha won't stand for it. At around 3pm PST on 8/9/2013 she will be in Qeynos by the docks seeking the help of adventurers to preserve her favorite stories.
  7. Phrauggy Guide

As she continues to travel Norrath looking for book binders, Leesha finds herself landing on the docks of the Isle of Mara on 8/11/2013 at around 5pm PST looking for anyone to help her preserve her favorite stories.
  8. Elyshka Senior Guide

Rumors abound, friends! Let's see what I've overheard recently:
    • TODAY, August 13th around 4:30 pm - With her deadline looming, Lanabeth is determined to get her research finished before the end of Tinkerfest. Find her at Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont to lend a hand.
    • TODAY, August 13th around 8 pm - Feeling refreshed from an evening meal and a quick spin on the Aether Racing tracks, Lanabeth is ready to dig in her heels and resume her studies. Don't miss out on what may be your last chance to get your hands on her remarkable Tome, and make your way to G.S.H.!
    • Wednesday, August 14th around 9 am - It seems that Gnomes aren't the only ones interested in research. In fact, one such Coldain researcher can be found upon Erollis Dock in the Frostfang Sea this morning. Seek out this *ahem* "fun guy" and see what he might be up to!
    • Wednesday, August 14th around 2 pm - After his previous plan being thwarted by some rather well-armed Gnomes, this hungry (and injured!) troll has not been deterred. Head on over to Steamfont and find him lurking on the road leading to Klak'Anon if you're feeling particularly beneficent.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Elyshka Senior Guide

While visiting the bazaar in Maj'Dul, Elyshka stumbles across a basket filled with a variety of books. Always looking for new and intriguing tales, she eagerly rifles through them until her fingers graze across a tooled leather binding. Gently opening the cover so as not to break the spine, Ely discovers that the first page is blank. At first, she slowly turns the pages, but after flipping through several and finding no text, she sighs sadly and closes the book. After a few moments of consideration, Ely decides that this would make a lovely new journal and purchases it from the merchant.

A low grumbling in her belly signals mealtime, so Elyshka decides to stop into the Golden Scepter for a light snack of sugared desert fruits, cookies, and spiced tea before making the long journey back home. Eager to capture her thoughts on the day's events, she removes her quill from her satchel along with the newly-purchased tome. As she opens the book, a gasp escapes her sugar-crusted lips. Words, names, and dates begin to scrawl across the page, as if written by an unseen hand.

"Well now, this is interesting," she muses, reading the script as it reveals itself to her:
    • Friday, August 16th around 9 am - An interior decorator with a morbid an unusual sense of style will be offering her talents to those pitiful folks needing to furnish their bare-bones abodes. Curiosity seekers will find her peddling her wares upon the docks of Nektulos Forest.
    • Saturday, August 17th around 1 pm - Haldun Irongutt, purveyor of fine Dwarven ales, invites all-comers to grab their favorite mug and join him for a drinking contest! Ale will be provided to all participants, but only one can win the grand prize, so come prepared to impress our brewer with your palate! Join Haldun inside Fish's Alehouse and Inn in Qeynos Harbor if you wish to tie one to savor some remarkable brew.
    • Sunday, August 18th around 1 pm - Fair-minded Dwarf that he is, Haldun will be visiting East Freeport today to give those of *ahem* less-than-pious temperaments an opportunity to participate in one of his drinking contests. Meet him on the back deck of Seafarer's Roost for some good times and great libations.
    • Monday, August 19th around 10 am - Rumors have been spreading around New Halas lately about a rather perturbed young lady whose whiskers seem to be bent out of shape regarding her new neighbors. Persons interested in seeing what all the fuss is about will find her pouting on the stoop of the Manors of Mithaniel (You know... that lovely house right next to the Halas Guild hall?) in Ravens' Roost.
    • Tuesday, August 20th around 5 pm - With the harvest season not far off, two Wood Elf siblings are preparing for the annual wine festival by testing a variety of wine-making techniques. In order to ensure that they have the most creative entry, they are seeking assistants to join them at their campsite in Antonica, not too far from the South Qeynos gate, but far enough away that their efforts are safe from the prying eyes of their competitors.
  10. Zaes Guide

The famous Minstrel Oyen Loresinger is back in town! It seems that a family heirloom was lost; but fear not, the Loresinger family keeps excellent notes! Oyen Loresinger is seeking an adventurer's help in gathering some raw materials to recreate the family heirloom. The master carpenter he hired will only accept the most pristine and fresh materials; so no dusty old supplies from the broker's shelves! Find Oyen Loresinger outside the lighthouse at the Antonica Docks late in the morning (11AM Pacific Time).
  11. Nitestar Member

I was able to meet up with The Irongutt brothers today. Haldun and Haldan. What a pair! I had to sneak into Freeport to meet them. But we had such a grand time us 3. And I am proud to say they did not drink me under the table! I was able to keep up with them! Hmm maybe that is not something to be proud of? Anyway I love the keg they gave me and it is on Nitestars Galleon of Dreams if you ever want to come and have a stout ale! The plank is always down and the galley is always open! Thanks you two for the wonderful time this afternoon!
    Feara likes this.
  12. Elyshka Senior Guide

I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time on your Freeport excursion, Nitestar... but perhaps you'd better be on the look out for any roaming guards that might be searching for you! It appears that Seafarer's Roost has recently had a tinkered monitoring device installed. The Overlord has eyes and ears everywhere these days. There's a wanted poster and everything:

[IMG]
    Nitestar and Feara like this.
  13. Nitestar Member

Oh no! Oh well! Good thing I have friends there who's homes I can duck into and hide! I am sure glad I was not laying under that table in a condition where one could have been caught! Thank you for the warning! :D
  14. Phrauggy Guide

Good day everyone, it has come to my attention that my friend Hunsfeig bought a brand new house in New Halas, but has nothing to furnish it with. If you wish to help him out you can meet him in New Halas in the crafting area at around 11am PST today August 20, 2013. He sure would love some help with furnishing his new house.
  15. Elyshka Senior Guide

Knowing that Elyshka does extra baking on the weekends, you decide to drop in unannounced in the hopes of being offered an engraved invitation to one of her elegant, but tasteful, candlelight suppers (one with the Royal D'Morte double-glazed dining set!) Upon your arrival, you find a small note tacked to Ely's front door -

[IMG]

A bit disappointed, you turn to leave. A sudden gust of wind and the sound of tearing parchment cause you to turn back to the door, where you discover that the note has pulled away from its tacks on one side and is now flapping in the breeze. It appears that she's used the back side of one of her journal pages to leave the note...
    • (TODAY) Saturday, August 24th around 6:30 pm - A singed and distraught-looking froglok has been spotted limping on the docks of the Feerrott, desperately seeking assistance from passers-by. Hopefully he'll get some help soon!
    • Sunday, August 25th around 9:30 am - Do ye fancy a fine axe, friend? If'n ye have a keen eye fer detail, me friend Braxleton might have an adventure fer ye. Meet wit' him 'pon th' docks o' Butcherblock Mountains fer further details.
    • Sunday, August 25th around 5 pm - Can't tell a souffle from a syllabub? That's okay, as long as you can describe a tasty dessert! Jumjummie will be holding a baking contest in Kelethin this evening, near Jysolin's Pub. First prize is something of great value for any well-stocked kitchen, so be sure to come prepared to dazzle with your description!
    • Monday, August 26th around Noon - Wondering whether it's safe to poke that sleeping dragon? Considering a job offer from the Overlord? Will your next best gal be a troll? The answer to these questions and more can be yours (or not... It depends on the reception that the crystal ball happens to be getting at the time.) Never fear, the famed prognosticator, Jaharia knows all (and will tell the entire village if you're not careful!) Find her tent at the Wanderlust Fair in Darklight Wood if you're curious.
    • Monday, August 26th around 6 pm - It's been a few moons since Fireweaver, the story-collecting dragon, paid call on her adventuring friends. She's decided to find a cozy spot inside the cave near the docks of Gorowyn to make camp for a short while on her travels across Norrath. Hopefully she'll see some familiar faces and meet a few new folks as well!
    • Tuesday, August 27th around 2:00 pm - It's been many seasons since her bairns were considered wee things, but this Halasian mother still misses the fun times that she had with them while they were small. Perhaps there are some folks still young-at-heart who might be interested in re-living those sweet childhood moments with her in the Frostfang Sea?
  16. Zaes Guide

The Guides of Everfrost will be out and about in Antonica today, August 25th, around 2PM Pacific Time answering your questions about what the Everquest II Guide Program is all about! Also, there are rumors that some green shinies will be handed out!
  17. Elyshka Senior Guide

This poor dear's arthritis is giving her pains, so she's decided to stay in with a mug of mullet cider and a good book today. I'm going to go see what kind of mischief I can get up to instead! Who's with me?!
  18. Elyshka Senior Guide

Oh my gosh! I was just at the beauty parlor, getting a wash and set on my feet when I heard the most astounding news. You just won't believe it!

Apparently, there's a lady troll who is absolutely beside herself with grief. She took her pet dragons to Lavastorm for a little vacation, and those cute little dragons were kidnapped by goblins! Isn't that dreadful? Well, I don't know about you, but I can't stand the thought of someone's precious babies being held against their will, so naturally I said that I would see about finding some friends to come help liberate the poor dears. It's the very least that I can do, since I know so many brave adventurers.

So, if you can help, come to Lavastorm tomorrow evening, Saturday, August 31st, at about 5 pm. I'll send word to the troll lady that reinforcements are on the way!
  19. Phrauggy Guide

*Froooooark* Excuse me, I've been out bar hopping tonight. *Giggle* I met a stout dwarf looking to add some spirits to his collection. His name is Halden, he mentioned he would be hanging around the pub in New Halas on Sunday, 9/8/2013 around 2pm PST looking for adventurers to help him add to his collection.
  20. Elyshka Senior Guide

The Days of the Harvest are well upon us, Everfrost, and folks seem to be busier than ever! Perhaps you could lend a helping hand to one (or more!) of the following hard-working souls in need of assistance:
    • Monday, September 9th around 9:30 am - A druidess is seeking new ways to increase her healing abilities has recently heard a rumor about a unusual trick used to keep the healer away! Meet her near the Fae Isle druid ring in the Enchanted Lands for further instructions.
    • Monday, September 9th around 5 pm - Clan Stormshield has heard of the many new recruits seeking to lay siege to the Kromzek stronghold of Kael Drakkel. Those fierce fighters, stealthy scouts, peerless priests, and majestic mages looking to lay claim to a giant's fortune should meet with Kragun Stormshield near the gates to Outer Kael to volunteer!
    • Tuesday, September 10th around 10 am - Rumor has it that there will be an entrepreneur near the dock in Antonica seeking to hire those skilled with a fishing pole for a bit of gathering. If you're in the area looking for work and very discreet, be sure to speak with the rather sneaky-looking fellow in the brown coat for more details.
    • Wednesday, September 11th around 6 pm - An inexperienced farmer seems to be struggling with his crop, but after consulting with some of the more experienced farmers at the tavern, he's got a sure-fire solution... he just needs help with the minor details. Those willing to get their hands dirty should meet with Bulgille at his farm in the Commonlands, just south west of the Crossroads.
    And, as always, keep your eyes and ears open in that special 1-9 frequency for cries for help, and be sure to check out the Guide Program on Facebook for action shots of helpful adventurers like you!