Ethereal Runes and Blood Iron Chests

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hardwell, May 23, 2016.

1. Zanger Member

@RedvsBlue pls do me a favor and dont talk about things you dont know anything about.

so obviously you dont know that atm atleast 50% of all status is exploited on every server and there are still sooooo many people that got 500mil status+ on there toons and like 10 catalogers tokens on broker.

(i know you wont believe blablabla, just look up any big guilds on eq2u and you will see the chars with massive status on them. if any of you think that is all "legit" than there is no hope left )

so what will happen if you make the runes cost 100mil status ?

the people that expolited status get rewarded. they will sell more catalogers tokens make a **** ton of money and can buy the runes easily.

so what will happen with the people that didnt expolit anything and would need to hard farm there status or buy it for millions of plat ?

they get tilted af and the majority will quit the game because there are too many smart alecks on the forums that give the devs wrong information wich already caused endless problems.

so please just dont make them cost status its just not needed. introduce a new currency and make them cost a lot of it but please dont use status.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

I have said it before and will keep on saying: DBG broke the game by first adding the weapon ethereals and now giving them out by doing solo quests.

Remarkable progression really from "Heroic difficulty" to now "no difficulty" drops.

They should NOT have added the weapons, should NOT have added the runes and they really should NOT continue this rubbish with summer ethereal but they will.....

Stop being lazy and put items on a progression where they belong!

If you really want to put OP stuff like reset runes and 100% fervor then design tough content and put them at a 0.01% drop rate from end bosses, so only the people who put time and effort into the content are able to at least have a chance at getting it. It makes absolutely no sense for people who solo mostly to have such items or able to sell them.

And don't even let me get started on status items. I mean for years i wondered about how cool it would be to spend my hard earned status on something worthwhile and they go ahead and further the imbalance with needless procs and stat inflation.

Is there nobody there with any sense of reason or logic left??

P.S. Another locked thread incoming...
    Mizgamer62, Toxify and RedvsBlue like this.
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I am ok with new Ethereals being added for summer drops but they need to make them NOT STACK with current ethereals are all you will do is compound the issue further. The gap between being over powered and mediocre will further progress.

Hell, I wish theyw ould get rid of them all together but if not, they need to make the new ones NOT work with the old ones or make it the same damn proc and make it so you can only equip one or the other. Dont further compound the issue.
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

I think the ethereal coins should be no-trade. They should just determine how many instances or dailies should be run per character to basically acquire enough currency.

It will be tedious enough as is, if they base it off of people switching to half a dozen alts and consolidating coins it will be a painfully mind numbing grind.

I think the ethereal items that drop should stay as rares in mission crates, I do feel these should at least be heirloom.
  5. Healious Active Member

I agree with most of this (ethereal reset/100 ferver weapons/runes never should have been added). But I think at this point DBG has no real option but to keep these items in game. The fallout from removing them could be terrible. People that farmed keys/contested for weeks or months, spent tons of DKP, or bought ethereals for millions of plat would likely be a tad upset. I just cannot see them removing them at this point. If they were going to they would/should have pre GU100.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Oh please no, I have basically one toon worth considering for Heroics, I'd never be able to get anything for any other toon. (Insert lament about no longer having a clue how to DPS here.)
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

You want ethereals for toons not suited for heroics?

I hadn't considered that aspect but ok, what if the ethereals (both items and runes, dropped and purchased) were heirloom but the coins remained no-trade? What I'm hoping not to see is these coins ending up heirloom and tied to daily or other mission timers.

For me, nothing kills fun quite as much as switching to alt after alt day after day to run through the same exact instance/quest/etc. If they make the coins no-trade they may say it's 100 coins to purchase, but if they're heirloom the number is likely to be 500. Just as an example.

edit: actually nevermind, this won't work like I had first thought anyway.
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Ok here is quite the eye opener for you. First off I don't deny that anyone "exploited" status or plat because its obvious that it happens and those who go too far with it usually end up getting caught (i.e. red flags). Inflation and drunder are clear signs that it happens. Calling out top guilds for having lots of status is like me complaining that rich people shouldn't own more than 3 cars. They clear more content in one night than you clear in a whole week. Of course they will have a lot more than the average player. Do you know most end content guilds killing raid names for status do so in less than 1 min per fight on almost every mob now? They also pay attention to very small details to give themselves an advantage, which is why very few can compete with them. Been there done that....

"so obviously you dont know that atm atleast 50% of all status is exploited on every server and there are still sooooo many people that got 500mil status+ on there toons and like 10 catalogers tokens on broker."

I don't think the people crying in the forums trying to break everything even worse than it already is deserve the solution handed to them. So I will only give you a piece to the puzzle because if you care as much as you sound like you do you will go find the rest of the information yourself. There are status cloaks you can trade.
  9. Zanger Member

there was an exploit posted on official forums that basically everyone used because it was up for about a week after the post but like i already though you have no idea of how much status it was that got exploited so whatever. btw noone got banned for it :)

im not talking about 100 or 200 mil status im talking abot way higher numbers that are not reachable no matter how much you farm

whatsoever i see its pointsless to explain you stuff and i have no time to do so
  10. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

So if the status amount is obtainable by the "non-exploiter" what is the problem then? I'm not asking for anything out of proportion. I mentioned it needs to be greater relic or higher. I didn't exploit and I had plenty for 3 characters to obtain one of those items + pieces from the new merchant.

You want the items that require the full amount of play time handed to you like the rest of the players who clearly don't play that frequently. Why do you think you deserve an something that requires a little more effort than you can give? It sucks that your play time does not enable you to have a shot other than RNG but guess what they have to push people to play otherwise this whole show folds at the expense of pleasing players in your situation. It used to be run the zones for a chance at loot, and you only ever had a chance to win pieces. It was that way for many years so there is no justification for needing to change what created one of the peak points of the game.....am I right? I hope they keep it RNG because ever since they started caving to the people in the forums it has all gone down hill.
  11. Zanger Member

thats the last answer for me, you have abolutely no clue about the game or anthing else that shittalking

i killed 3000+ normal nameds in contested kralet and more than 80 x2s didnt get anything than secondary rune and yea im just one more sunday player that doesnt want to put effort in getting the rune

i DONT want it WITHOUT effort but there is abolutely NO need to make it cost status ? where is you logic ? guys that exploited get rewarded and the ones that dont need to farm everything, makes no sence

just get a new currency that is for eth runes, done
  12. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

If they truly exploited to the degree you claim they would be gone but good try. Blame something you dont know exists in the game to transfer status on the first thing the suits your arguement to dumb down the game to fit your needs. Wow all those repeat mobs you kill and x2 im sure you need 100 fervor and ability reset to do it faster. If thats the farthest you go into content you clearly dont even need these items.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's not a question of need to complete the content. It's available in the game and people that want to maximise their toons, who put in more than enough time and effort, don't get rewarded because it's about 0.016% chance to get the rune you want.

That's a calculated guess based on my experience of farming runes (about 1 drops in every 500 named kills or 0.2% drop rate. There's 12 runes so 1/6000 chance to get the one you want).

You can kill well over 6000 names and still not get the one you want because each kill is a new roll of 1-6000 and you need to get 6000 to get that rune you want.

If that's not deserving of an item you want after doing all that I don't know what is. Remember there's only about 20 names up every 30 mins or so too. That's 150 hrs of constant farming.

Saying you clearly don't need if you can clear the content without it just smacks of casual mentality who doesn't understand how much of a grind, with no guarantee of a result, it is. It makes a big difference in progression raiding even if it's not needed for anything, and such small probabilities should have an alternative path so if you're not lucky, you eventually get rewarded. Otherwise people just quit out of frustration and lack of fun through not being rewarded.
  14. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Smacking casual mentality? I am a casual so I'm not so sure how this makes any sense. Yet I seem to understand better than you and Zanger why this complaining has become a huge problem.

Why make ethereals in general if not everyone is supposed to have them? Why did they do this you ask yourself? Because people clear the content and max gear their characters in about a few months quit when there is nothing else to do until the understaffed Dev team can release more content and the game loses more money. There needs to be something like this just to hold interest until more can be released. These merchants with heroic loot and everything else are just plain fail. I can disappear for the first half of an expac and come back in time to reap the same rewards as those gaming through the whole time including extremely rare items? If you cannot grasp this then you only care about self gain over the survival of the game itself and don't need to post in the forums anymore.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

I like to use a metaphor for this.

Even the stupidest of donkeys will stop chasing a carrot on a stick if he never gets closer to it. This is what happens with super rare items. But stopping chasing is quiting the game and no longer paying subscriptions.

Current tiny probability chances in the game is like playing the lottery. I stopped playing the lottery a long time ago because of the low chance of winning. I play on high jackpot weeks as you have to play to have any chance of winning, but it only takes a few seconds to get a ticket so it's not a big deal. On EQ2 though, it requires hundreds of hours time investment, and often you walk away with nothing. Frustrated and potentially quitting, because you had no fun doing that and got no reward.
  16. Tradeserverwoot Member

Lottery gaming is fail, nuff said. Wow doesn't do lottery junk and they thrive just fine. These items make the game more fun, not allowing them to be remotely accessible is ridiculous at best. Same with the 100 mil status items. Unless you cheated for it or paid to win while tokens were avail, you aint getting it anytime soon.
  17. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

So all of us paid or cheated to win? Wow pretty shallow comment to make, good thing you just made yourself irrelevant to this thread.

And @ Regolas...... You got your easy street heroic merchant, so explain to me why you need this also when nobody else has gotten anything yet this expac??!
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I don't care about the merchant and never asked for it. I did all the content so much that I had everything bar the 8 fervor belt.

Yet I still don't have the ethereal runes. That's a guidance on how damn rare they are. And that's what I'm asking for, a way to be rewarded for the time I've and many like me have put in.

Personally I think the prices on the rare merchant are too low, so almost anyone can get these things quickly. I think they needed to be at least 4000 coins each. I'm sitting on over 25000 and I stopped seriously farming the zones 4 months ago. But low allows casuals and even soloers to get the heroic loot, maybe then venturing into heroics with their new gear, so it has a positive.
  19. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Well its obvious how self centered everyone is.....me, me, me. Wish you the best of luck with your complaint thread, I am gonna bow out and hope the Devs acknowledge that every time the shorten something/make it easy mode they are only killing the game quicker and making it more difficult for themselves. Glad the entitled generation will stand strong even in video games.
  20. duckster Active Member

If they can make the hammer heirloom...please do the same with the runes.

Getting a duplicate rune from key chests isnt ideal. Therefore they should be available for alts after the amount of grinding/plat to get the keys in the first place.
    Mizgamer62, Montag and Beee like this.