Ethereal Runes and Blood Iron Chests

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hardwell, May 23, 2016.

1. Hardwell Member

So I'll make it short and sweet. I can understand the need for the runes to being rare, but for when you finally get the rune from a Blood Iron Chest you aren't given a option or at least given a default rune to you then your class is able to use, and I mean use as in the chest giving a rune that you already have is quite pointless. Suggestion make the runes from the chest option for what one of the 3 you want, or add a merchant into the game that will allow you to exchange the runes. I'm sure I am not the only person getting double runes. Feedback would be appreciated from players with the same issue or concern about this fault.
    Mizgamer62, Reecez and Fozziex like this.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

I haven't even bothered trying but I agree, given that there are 3 runes and many desire all 3... they either need to be fully tradeable, or be given in pattern form where you may choose the reward.
    Mizgamer62 and Fozziex like this.
  3. Powar Member

Excellent subject... I am hoping someone can bring to my attention the error in my thought process.

Until then let's vent:
    1) DBG replaces a wep proc with a rune that drops 1000% less than the wep did - not an actual number but seriously it is a grossly noticeable difference.
    2) You then put the drop rate of those runes as a side effect of an extremely rare drop in a rare drop. ??? Yes.. Out of 500 keys yesterday I got 1 Blood Iron. I talked to people that opened 2000+ and received 5 or 6. But then.. opening the key produces a somewhat useless charm (although the cyans and infusers are good, I would rather have those than the charms).
    3) To keep my rant short .. I will point out the most obvious....A lot of players have the myth ranged from ToT.. Honestly.. that was a good drop rate. Now the same people farming the same amount of keys, are not producing the same amount of runes as Myth weps. Sure one is myth and one is ethereal.. I get that.. but I would wager the percent isn't even 1/4 of the Myth weps.

Where does this leave the common player.. With groups that want people with the 100fervor rune because their dmg will blow us away on accident. Seriously.. Groups now say.. I want a high DPS T1.. what they are really saying is.. I want someone with the 100 fervor rune or don't bother volunteering. Who has the runes.. very lucky people.. or the less than 1% of plat rich people that can buy keys at an insane amount and just open them until they get the runes. So.. runes are still on less than 1%.

I guess we should just give up on keys.. unless selling them for plat, because.. I can farm 400-500 per week.. and really will never get what I want or need due to the drop rate %. And before someone calls me out on it.. YES I have rune envy.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Hardwell Member

If the solution was to make them "Heirloom" at least it could help in many situations, sure not all cause there are some people that only play 1 tank or 1 scout, but a majority of the population "Heirloom" could be a solution added to that list.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Nizard New Member

It is very frustrating to go to all the trouble to get the key and then finally get a rune that you cant use. The new merchant they just entered into the game would be a good one to let you exchange the run at. Even if you had to do 2 for 1 for the fervor rune then at least you would have a reason to keep trying to get them that way.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Powar Member

I good option would be like the merchant in Phantom Sea...
    Receive 10, 20, or 30 crappy Blood Iron charms - trade in for a random rune??
    But that still gives you the problem of how infrequently the Blood Iron drop compared to Umbrite.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Genghes Active Member

The blood iron keys don't exist :-( over 800 keys opened with 0 blood iron keys. Anyone know what the actual % is to getting one?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I can absolutely 100% get behind this. Given the rarity of these items, to have one finally drop or be awarded from a Blood Iron chest that you already have or dont need is extremely disheartening. Please o Please o Please put these in an unpackable award that allows you to pick what Rune you want. If you wont do this, then atleast make them Heirloom so you can pass a duplicate to an alt...

I dont care for the second option but to spend countless hours and plat on farming and buying keys to finally get an ethereal rune to be awarded only to find out its the same damn rune you already have would be enough to make me quit this game entirely.

So, put them in a crate that you can unpack and choose the rune, or make them Heirloom and be done with it.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Xper Well-Known Member

i sure wish i was lucky enough to worry about duplicate runes. what a wonderful problem to have.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Its not a wonderful problem. The ethereal rune in question came from contested Kraelet after about 2 thousand name kills.. Only to spend a significant amount of plat and time to get another rune from a Key quest that is the exact same one that I have already. That IS a problem and is extremely frustrating.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

I agree. I won't even do the key chests because I have one rune already (the worst scout one), and I'm not prepared to spend countless hours farming keys or hundreds of thousands of plat to get the same rune again.

I'm back to farming contested, at least if something drops as a dublicate then it can go to an alt or get sold. The probability is about the same to get one and quite frankly killing in contested is more fun than key quests, although both are boring as sin when you've done them for tens of hours, let alone hundreds of hours.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

The chest-obtained ones absolutely need to be put into class patterns. They are literally the rarest items in game, obtainable only through multiple layers of low % RNG. I cannot imagine the level of frustration I would feel at getting two of the same one (especially as a mage, where one of our runes is literally useless - on par with a regular purple war rune I can craft for almost nothing.)
  13. Xper Well-Known Member

Well, its a better problem than doing all that and still having 0. But I agree, neither is good!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Hardwell Member

I will agree the rarity of the runes is rather silly and I know that the myth weapons was much higher chance of getting than the ether runes, but it did take me personally almost 4k keys to get the myth weapons then got incredibly lucky within only 500 keys to get the rune from the Blood Iron Chest. But I also know people who are farming the keys around the clock sense this launch and not seeing a Blood Iron key let alone getting a rune, or worse getting a duplicates from the amount of time needed to farm contested to get the previous runes. It is really a slap in the face. This No-Trade issue isn't only on runes i have seen others bring it up about the myth hammer and now the new myth 2hander all being no trade. A GM really needs to draw attention to this issue.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Domineah New Member

I'm one of those players who absolutely does not farm key chests for runes. The reason I do not is exactly outlined above. Too rare and god forbid you get a 2nd one you cant use. =( Please Daybreak.. give us some options when it comes to items of this kind. Rare is great. I think things need to be earned and won with effort, not just given to the person with the plat to afford it because they sold some kronos on the broker (though I have no problem with folks who buy their gear, i just prefer to loot my own) I appreciate rare items. but to have it limited to being unable to make a choice and ending up with doubles is disheartening. As shaky as this game is already, i'm sure it wouldn't be game changing to make the rewards more malleable.
    (or perhaps.. make some decent pieces drop.. or more engaging encounters... or things that can't be gotten unless you do X thing but X thing maybe lengthy and time consuming but is not impossible!)
    Please and thank you.
    Mizgamer62 and Reecez like this.
  16. Vellox_EQ2 Member

I am in full agreement - the mechanics involved in turning a rare drop into unobtainium - and then making it a 1/3 shot of being useless is disappointing - there needs to be a change pf some sort including a rethink as to the rarity
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Lanwyllyn New Member

totally agree!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

These eth runes have gone beyond a joke now. If you are lucky enough to get one (and yes it's basically pure luck) you get to be 30% better than someone else.

Anybody who doesn't think they are game breaking at this stage is just being ridiculous, and really they need to be phased out again ASAP or actually made available for a method other than pure luck.

The fact that Scout A can be 30% dps behind Scout B because B has one rune that the other doesn't have is really crappy. Honestly it makes me wonder why I even continue to play this game any more.
  19. azcn2503 Active Member

Wish the runes would drop from heroic mobs or bosses. Farming for and unpacking keys is a wholly dissatisfying experience.
    Mizgamer62 and -Soteria- like this.
  20. Zanger Member

those procs already ****** up so much, i now so many people that quit the game because if the runes. i know some player that play just a few hours a week dont care if they have the runes or not, but players raiding and trying to be competetive will just loose the fun of playing the game because its no fun getting beaten in dps or whatever by a person that plays his class bad but still ***** on you because haha lolol reset and haha 100 fervor again. it will just take the fun of so many people.

like dbg really wake up you already ****** up by patching those items into the game but now you need to make them possible to get for everybody

patch them in for heroic content and raid. the absolute worse you could do and what you have done, was patching them into keys that all guys just farm SOLO but i play a MMO and not a singleplayer i-farm-key-allday-game.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.