Ethereal Runes and Blood Iron Chests

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hardwell, May 23, 2016.

1. Estal Well-Known Member

Agreed, give us a reason to group again other than for getting alt #4443 Golaru.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

i agree let them atleast drop off heroic instances.. and they can make them rare like cloaks I don't care as long as you get a shot..
    Mizgamer62 and Kalderon like this.
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm embarrassed to say that right now I kind of hope I DON'T get invited to a guild group for heroics since I "need" to keep farming keys for a chance at the runes. Nothing I'd get out of a heroic zone would help me anywhere remotely close to as much as one of the runes. This design is so backwards. I've always loved running heroic content and still prefer it to the keys but feel like I "have to" keep grinding keys.

I already realize that on my very best day on my brigand I won't be able to keep up with an equally geared/played summoner, beastlord, sorc, predator but put an ethereal rune/weap on one of those classes on top of it and I sometimes wonder why I'm even there.
  4. Hardwell Member

If they added them to the rarity as class cloaks i wouldn't be against it. To many people are on the verge if not already quitting because of the ultra rare and limited areas where you can get let, and god forbid you form over 2k names in Kralet Contested finally get a rune you can use then farm keys like DBG wants you to then get another rune that you already have and cant use anyways due to the fact of lack of thought put towards the No-Trade, Non-Pattern, or default rune you don't have system. This needs a Devs attention asap
    Mizgamer62 and Zanger like this.
  5. Powar Member

I created a dashboard to help everyone who feels this is slightly out of reach..

I will tell you, they do read, I started a dashboard about Rangers and the myth throwing wep, Dev did read it. It was changed. By no means am I taking credit for it, but as a community we have the ability to influence them through the dashboard please go vote.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-603
    Mizgamer62 and Hardwell like this.
  6. Utrie New Member

I've been farming about 100-150 keys a day for the past weeks. Over 2000 keys.
    I just opened my 9th blood iron chest and got my 9th useless charm. I physically cheer when I open a red key, then I literally facepalm and log off when it rewards me with a turd charm. 9 times in a row.

These Ethereal effects should have never been put in the game in my opinion but now that they are here they need to be available. This is crazy.
    Mizgamer62 and Ruckus like this.
  7. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I find a barter for essential runes a good idea.

It would be possible to generate a dealer with a new currency, for the sale of a blood iron chest items there is a ethereal coin. For 15 ethereal coins or something like that you can buy an greather ethereal coin and than for 1 greather ethereal coin an ethereal rune of their choice then. For 5 ethereal coins this dealer could offer then as the greater cyan adornments.

Equally you could give this a second currency a "greater ethereal coin" for the exchange, an ethereal rune into another, which is better suited for your own playing style and equipment.

So I mean the sale of an ethereal rune which to not fit for a greather ethereal coin, with which you can then buy the desired ethereal rune.

So a greater ethereal coin = 15 ethereal coins.

The NPC could therefore enjoys also require replacement costs, how about 10.000.000 Status and 50.000 platinum? (exchange fee)

So one would at least double and triple luck factor when RNG soften a little.

1.At the moment you have to be lucky to get a blood iron Key.

2.Then you have to have a lot of luck again to get an ethereal rune.

3.And if you get one, even if it is now selected class relation, you have to have luck again, it is the right one, which fit their own style of play, or to own equipment.

[I have about 4,000 keys redeemed and from this 21 or 23 blood iron keys needed by 1 ethereal rune (the wrong) and 0 greather cyan adornment, but about 20 to 22 charms, which were useless for me to get.]

So you have 3 times have incredible luck at the moment to obtain the proper or desired. At least here dear developers you could have a little show with us.

Thanks
    best regards
    Ingerimm from Valor / Thurgadin
  8. Powar Member

We have had 27 responses, granted a few of them are duplicates like me.

If 10 people vote on the above link.. they "should" take a look at it. It only takes 30 sec go vote... Especially since a Dev hasn't responded here (yet).

We all seem to be agreement as well.. (until now.. that statement will open the door to trolls.)
  9. Azian Well-Known Member

I haven't kept track but would say I'm in the hundreds not thousands of keys like you are at but your post is really disheartening. They just screwed these items up so badly right from the start.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Vellox_EQ2 Member

So I can also state I hav opened over 300 Iron Keys - half of then the "heroic" keys....

I have looted a total of 2 Blood keys

They both gave the same PoS item "Lute's Lute" which at ~800 Potency
    and a 2 sec cast timer for a 12 sec 5 minute reuse item is useless

I am beyond angry for the incredible waste of time - plat - effort
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Hardwell Member

In guild the other night we were discussing a alternate currency for the ethereal runes. If there was a merchant as the one in Vesspyr Isles that would give you so much of this alternate currency to get a item that was of use and needed for your class it would be a nice feature. Now the trade should be tune for rune (if you want to add plat or status to the trade so be it) then coins for straight cyans and ethereal runes.
  12. Hardwell Member

So I would like to throw a idea on the table to help with the situation of constant frustration of the ultra rare and faulty Blood Iron chest reward system. Hopefully this can be acknowledged and addressed in a proper manner to keep many of the players on the verge of quitting to have a reason to keep up the effort they have been putting in.

Add a merchant into Zek the Scourge Wastes that will allow a person to exchange a current Ethereal Rune for a different ethereal rune. Also allowing a player to exchange a AoM Ethereal weapon for the Ethereal Rune with the same effect as said weapon they are trading. Thirdly if seen plausible add in a secondary currency to purchase the Ethereal Runes (will go into more details later).

Change the a Ethereal Rune reward to a pattern to the fighter/Mage/Priest/Scout class that is turning in the Blood Iron Key.

As to the secondary currency add it as a OPTION to the reward from all 3 chests differing in amount of currency due to the chest as in 1 for Wrought Iron, 3 for Pyrite, 5 for Blood Iron.

Along to purchasing the Ethereal runes add a requirement of plat and status plus this currency for the purchasing of said runes.

Existing runes can be exchanged with no additional status or play fees.

Add a item to the merchant in Zek that you can buy to "Salvage" a item (as the merchant in Vesspyr Isles) and receive the new currency. Level 100 items only an apply. 1 currency for legendary, 3 for a fabled piece, and 5 for mythical pieces.

Put the runes at a cost of appx 5k currency, status, and plat. A lot of currency but is very reachable to a player that wants a huge item. Could even add Cyan adorns to this merchant for appx 2k currency.

Thoughts?
    Mizgamer62 and Domineah like this.
  13. Domineah New Member

Some kind of options would at least empower the players to have SOME kind of options. None of the folks seem to want it made easier.. the game in itself has been fluff moded too much. We the players simply want obtainable goals and options if the mechanics cannot be fundamentally changed. We fully get the idea behind rare items. Make us earn them. But each post touches on some very very valid points.. and many of them offer very viable suggestions.
    Please Mr and Ms Game Dev personages... either fix the weird mechanics or perhaps make some changes and validate us the players.

please and thank you and may the schwartz be with you and there MIGHT be some cookies in it for you all if you do...
  14. Wombatcombat New Member

Have any Devs even glanced at any post about ethereal runes? I have found many people stating concerns on drop rates, but have yet to see any dev response on how things are either changing or not changing moving forward. Don't really need a whole lot of detail but would love to hear something from a dev about this topic. People constantly complaining about drop rates doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. xkrisx Well-Known Member

The problem is thread wasnt even initially about drop rates, it was how they are awarded. You spend hours upon hours farming contested Kraelet to finally get a War Rune you can use. GU 100 launchs and you spend hundreds of hours farming keys and spending ungodly amounts of plat to buy them, only to be rewarded a War Rune that you already have. Talk about enough to make you wanna throw your computer accross the room. It was a request to have the War Runes drop in a Patter rather then just randomly assigned so that after you ahve invested all teh time and plat to finaly get one, you actually get what you want rather then a duplicate of the one you already ahve.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Kander Developer

Hello,

We are currently discussing alternative ways for people to earn the Ethereal Runes. Something like this, starting with the new Ethereal drops here in two weeks.
    • New Ethereal drops in heroic content this summer.
    • New Ethereal Coins for running heroic Missions
    • Ability to either get on heroic drops or purchase new Ethereal Drops
    • Ability to get on heroic drops or purchase Ethereal runes this summer.

Feel free to discuss this constructively. Feel free to offer feedback, constructively.
    Missjade, Xyno, Beee and 14 others like this.
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

So runes and new ethereals can drop in heroics while also earning 'ethereal coins' to buy the new ethereals or eth runes?

If that's true, it sounds great!

The devil would be in the details such as cost, drop rates, how often coins can be earned, etc.
    Yoube and Monstuhr like this.
  18. Ratitz Active Member

I think these are great ideas, however they cannot be the same drop chances/loot chances as current ethereal runes. They would have to be double or even triple to drop rate (at least for the coins).

Also, introduce the same system for items like Ire-Dread, the Undead Devourer and Spine of Ancient Terror, that way there are tiers of this. Raid, Heroic, maybe even Adv solo.
    Yoube and Enigma like this.
  19. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Put them on a rare chance to drop on the boss of each heroic zone but please a little higher then the chance in Contested. Also if it doesnt drop an Ethereal Rune, have a .25% Chance to drop an Ethereal Coin. IF you can farm enough or save up enough ethereal coins you can buy the Rune from a Vendor. Put the cost at like 150, so you have to farm 150 coins that are on a .25% Chance to drop if the rune itself doesnt drop, and then you gotta roll against 5 other people for it..

Hell, honestly I dont care, I am just glad we got a response and they are looking into it.
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

I'll say what needs to be said: Get rid of all Ethereal resets period and change the 100 fervor procs to 5 or 10. These items are game-breaking.
    Mizgamer62 and -Soteria- like this.