Ethereal Runes and Blood Iron Chests

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hardwell, May 23, 2016.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I agree with others. Runes should have a chance to drop in heroics and greater chance to drop from bosses in raids. Not from key chests.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I would like something like this added to raids too ToT and Zek alike. Thanks.
    Enigma and Neiloch like this.
  3. Montag Well-Known Member

Nah man they are so essential to balance now that they need to be straight grindable with coins or fragments with lucky drops there to bypass the grind and ultra rares like Ire-dread that combine 2in1.
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Cefur Member

Not reading any of the above rhetoric, but would like to know if they will be hierloom vs the current no-trade. :)
    Xyno likes this.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Coins sound even better. Agreed!
  6. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Ethereal coins sounds like a good idea. But if they are just as rare as any ethereal than it will mean nothing. I await a clearer explanation.
  7. Estal Well-Known Member

I think the ethereal coins is the way to go, however I would prefer it if the coins are fairly common and you need a lot of them rather than having them be rare and needing a smaller quantity.
  8. Cadis New Member

Agreed. Making the coins rare is just exchanging one RNG issue for another. I would prefer coins being common drops for completing zones or missions, and needing a substantial number to justify earning of an uncommon item.
  9. Zanger Member

@Kander btw dont even think about needing status to buy the runes, you would just reward the guys that exploited status even more thx
  10. kluxor Well-Known Member

+1

In fact the 100m status items altogether should not be nearly that much. If you didn't exploit status, you're in for a long grind or an expensive time buying and selling mercs/collectors tokens. 10million isn't an absurb nor a meaningless number, most of the items should be around that
  11. Maldek Active Member

Kander,

We all appreciate you listening to our concerns on the Ethereal topic.
    My vote for summer ethereal would be --

1st Preference: All Ethereal Runes available for 25,000 Coin of the Eternal Queen each (i.e. buy from Koolor merchant)
    2nd preference: Ethereal Runes added to all boss loot tables in ToT instanced or Scourge Keep (but not Fabled contested)

I think either encourages instanced grouping which should be the point of the event (same as last summer which encouraged people to run AoM instanced after they had been in-game for ~6 months)

Thank you again for your consideration in making this summer's Ethereal worthwhile and a benefit to all EQ2 players that enjoy heroic grouping

Maldek
  12. Darkint New Member

Just got my second Ethereal rune from Blood iron chest..
    Ethereal Mastery, problem is that i got that one twice and its NO-TRADE..
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I like the idea that this stuff will be coming from mission crates.

However, form AND substance. Underneath it all: RNG tables.

Now, since these will be coming from mission crates, I am assuming you get a chance to farm for it once per day.

So, please don't make the drop probabilities absurdly low, otherwise, nothing has really changed for the better.
  14. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I gotta say its shocking how few people realize that you can transfer status between characters and accounts. That being said these runes are supposed to be rare. 100 millions status for a 15 fervor proc on a greater relic neck item is where it stands atm. So make 10 million status the price for a rune with a 100 fervor proc??! Seriously look around and see what is available before some irrelevant number gets tossed around. Some things need to retain their value otherwise what point is there to even finish out the expansion? Crates and coins are the best choice honestly. But these runes need to be treated as a greater relic or higher and should be priced to match their value.
  15. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I like the coins idea best, really.
  16. Nkito Well-Known Member

Not everything needs to cost status, he mentioned ethereal coins and that seems a perfectly fine way to handle these purchases.
  17. Maldek Active Member

I don't really like the idea regarding Daily/Weekly missions only. I would want to be able to grind unlimited when time allows (i.e. if I have a day off, I would want to play 8+ hours, not try to login for 1-2 hours every day)
  18. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

"We are currently discussing alternative ways for people to earn the Ethereal Runes." It seems like it will remain RNG which it should. The majority of players don't play 24/7. They know this which is why this is the most fair method to obtaining them. Any alternative that allows people to buy them should be priced according to their value, which is higher than anything else in the game. This means they should cost more than anything else via currency/time.

I am a CASUAL raider and I don't think they should even be bought. Encouraging people to group. I can't speak for the other servers but Skyfire is the worst server for a reason. So many stuck up people who have no reason to be and groups only happen with botters and in guild. Buying stuff from running advanced solos has already destroyed this server enough. Just my input.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

You need both if it's RNG on tiny probabilities. The casual can get lucky, and the high playtime player can get lucky too or be rewarded by buying it once they've been unlucky enough.
    Enigma and Azian like this.
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

Shock me then, how do you do that?