Ethereal Runes and Blood Iron Chests

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hardwell, May 23, 2016.

1. Nkito Well-Known Member

Sounds perfect.

As much as people will dislike it I really think the drop rate should remain very low for the ethereals, slightly better chance in raid (if raid drops are a possibility).

As far as ethereal coins I would prefer them to be common, and a very high number of them needed to purchase the eth. I would not care much for ultra rare ethereal coins that only require 1 to purchase the item.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the devs have a general goal post in mind for this. Such a someone getting an ethereal every ~50 heroic runs either from RNG or coins.

I'm hoping the coins are like other dailies/weekly currencies in that each player gets there own and isn't loot that needs to be distributed (which would greatly discourage PUGs)
  3. faceless New Member

very excited of course.

although i have to be honest i don't understand what points 3 and 4 mean. reading comprehension fail.

is it basically: coins can be earned, new ethereal items will be dropping. coins can be spent on either ethereal items or ethereal runes? will runes drop as well? or just be purchaseable via coins?
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

I agree their rare existence and power makes balancing exponentially more difficult, but short of removing or significantly diluting them this will be an improvement.

People get excited about ethereals too, I'm glad they may be moved to other parts of the game.

I do wonder if the coin/rune portion is just a summer event or a longer lasting thing.
  5. Domineah New Member

When ethereals become what you are judged for and if you dont have then you are considered sub par player.

This was the basic concensus when i was listening and watching players talking about the ethereal runes last night. Either tone them down some or make them obtainable. I dont have one but i dont farm and my class is not crippled by it but i can understand players concerns. I like what is being suggested by Kandor but would suggest more balance to the item so that rng doesnt determing if pkayerr 03 gets a group or raid spot.

Ps. Kandor gets cookies!
    Runamuck likes this.
  6. Hardwell Member

Now I do have a question. Will there be something implemented to "exchange" a rune that was awarded from a Blood Iron Chest for a different rune preferably of your choice? Of course still fighter rune be fighter or scout be scout but can that be thrown into the thoughts as well? Two Ethereal Leach runes is no not fun.
  7. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

8. Kander Developer

Yes. We have a goal post. Its still in discussion.

Loot will be on mission crates.
    Xyno, Yahku, Xillean and 4 others like this.
  9. Brightlyz Active Member

Love the sound of this!
  10. RedBB Active Member

Now this is encouraging. Unless they are going to be extremely rare in the same manner as the key method. As long as a single item has such an overwhelming effect on performance as to create two entirely separate game experiences, then it should be far more common than it currently is.
  11. Nkito Well-Known Member

Rare for the drops is good, they remain special and exciting and once in a blue moon a casual player that logs in once a week will get lucky.

Common for the coins is good, with the purchase requiring a lot of coins. Will eventually/finally bring satisfaction to the people spending day after day working toward an eth but unlucky with the RNG.

Mission crates another great choice. As far as goalposts, will they be stretched by high coin cost or tied to weekly/daily requirements? Hopefully not solely reliant on a low chance RNG.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Great idea, wish I'd thought of it :D
  13. Hardwell Member

With the new adorns being in mission crates will they take all Ethereal Runes currently in game to Crates for that class? Even the runes a person is wearing for the option at different or in my personal case double runes?
  14. Raenius Well-Known Member

Just keep in mind that if you add ethereal stuff to mission crates you are basically capped on your chances you get per day. If you did them all for today, you have to wait for tomorrow.

I already know that the not so lucky ones will complain that they had bad RNG on mission crates and couldn`t have had more chances like during AoM where you just could re-run the zones over and over again.

Just to point it out.
  15. Bord Active Member

I agree that drops directly from the mobs would be a much better option than crates. With a decent group you can run every ToT zone in about an hour and a half. That's really not much farming time before you're forced to be done for the day.
    Kraeref likes this.
  16. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I agree with poutting them on the Mob Drops rather then Crates... After everyone logged in and ran the zones, it would be ghost town. Putting them on the mob would keep everyone coming back at resets to try and get them.
  17. Hardwell Member

But you will also be earning currency. So a combination of currency, crates, and possibly bosses you have a better chance. Crates and currency alone increase a players chance of getting the runes. If it was incorporated into end group bosses and rare chance on raid encounters it's a bonus perk.
    Runamuck likes this.
  18. xkrisx Well-Known Member

But still, putting it on Currency and Crates means the groups get done once a day and thats it. I would rather see them as a rare chance off the final boss of a zone rather then Crate Drops. You want activity and groups to occur, put them on bosses. If you awnt people to log on once a day for an hour and be done.. put them on crates. I prefer being able to find groups all day myself.
  19. Hardwell Member

TBH I'm happy as hell there are now going to be many more chances to get the runes. The currency could be from running zones every clear so your still building it up. But the actual straight rune award could stay to keys (higher drop chance) and crates from the daily/weekly.
  20. Runamuck New Member

i like mission crates not big fan having to dice it out a group 5-6 people. Of course i know some people would prefer mobs since they run around with their bot groups or exclude other players from their groups because 2 mages or 2 scouts in same group is bad juju...SO bring on the Crates
    Pixilicious likes this.