Error on Startup - unable to download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tetrol, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Trista New Member

I have to say this...I love EQ2, but having to do computer work a rounds seems to be good for those who are into computers and programing, but I would estimate that 85+% of players just play the game for fun and relaxation and have a great fear if messing with the "internal" workings of their computer. (no matter how clear the directions of the how too are.).
    Febrith and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Myscha_sleddog New Member

I picked a great time to reinstall! The host file edit works.
    64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    69.16.175.42 eq2.patch.station.sony.com

3. tjhanson New Member

4. Thermomonkey New Member

5. phazam New Member

Am I reading between the lines on the update correctly? If you haven't the skills to manually jigger your computer, you will not be able to play until tomorrow? (like 2 days down real time?) Too bad you won't credit the lost time to all the players that you took money from and didn't deliver...
  6. ravenwolf499 New Member

7. Isrin New Member

Of course they will refund the money for being out of game for two days until they fix this problem for the ones of us that do pay. Daybreak would not want us to claim payment not rendered. However the form of being out of game for 2 days will most likely be in daybreak cash. Seeming that they would not want to give the real money back and this stops them form doing so by daybreak cash and getting reported.
  8. xanril New Member

I cant log in I tried to do the everquest.exe but nothing
  9. willow Member

ok tried erasing all files and downloaded new game ,, stll the same UGH!!@!!!!
  10. Liltae Member

This is what mine is saying as well. What is going on??please..But the exe in eq2 folder did not work for me got the same message. :(
  11. willow Member

well I'm glad you geeks can get on,,, this ole fart can just sit here..
  12. willow Member

ya the ones that play are the ones that are suffering, the geeks and techs that know how to get around this, don't and don't need to pay.
  13. Silkmyst Active Member

I also was a fraidy cat to mess with IP stuff.

Used the launchpad workaround that usually works in these situations,
    and found my EQ folder. First I clicked on eq2.exe and it brought me back
    to launchpad. No dice.

THEN I found the Everquest.exe (fully spelled out), and was
    brought right to a manual log in screen to enter account and password.

Worked fine and able to play with np. :)
    Silk
  14. willow Member

And why do I keep paying for this?????o_O
  15. MBCanadian New Member

Stinger1 likes this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the work around is simple
    go into the game folder
    you will find it under users/public/daybreakgames(or sony depending on how long ago it was installed) everquest 2
    do not click the one that says eqII
    right click the icon that says everquest2.exe and run it

if that doesn't work, there is nothing that can be done with the computer you are working with, for the average non-techie user. this is what most of us have done to bypass the issue. it's not overly technical.
    madness likes this.
  17. Fleurs Active Member

Shouldn't the 27 september patch be delayed until the patcher is fixed?
    Stinger1 likes this.
  18. Stinger1 New Member

lol that's funny. they don't even offer a phone number to call or a online tech support like Sony did. last time something like this happened i was back up and running in 30 minutes with sony's online tech support. just saying
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  19. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I used the bypass to get in after waiting all day for the 10-20 minute update error on the patcher, but once I crashed the bypass no longer works...

I haven't tried the "google dns" redirect fix because my version of windows won't allow access to the files you have to change in order to do that, or I don't know how to circumvent it. (not that I should have to because giving open access isn't my idea of a great idea!)

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  20. Stinger1 New Member

well its 3:43am EST and didn't see where there was much back from daybreak at all but the one reply that "they was working on it" lol. so i clicked on the link to eq2wire that ravenwolf499 posted and fallowed the directions to get to my host file while leaving my browser up in the background so i can bounce back and forth, drag it to your desktop ( had to open the host file in the notepad option cause on windows 8 you don't have the option to edit by right clicking on the icon like they are telling to do in the directions) then clicked on the bottom under all of the writing (hit enter twice to make a space between the text line that is already there and the new first text line your adding) then went back to my browser copied the first new text line from that page and pasted hit enter once copied the second new text line pasted clicked on the file tab on the top left for the drop down menu clicked save closed the notepad dragged it back to where i got it from( i left the place i got my host file from open in the back ground as well) closed everything opened my launch pad and wulla it started working again.

P.S. BIG THANK YOU to ravenwolf499 :D