Error on Startup - unable to download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tetrol, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Murfalad Member

Just like to say thanks, that's fixed the problem and I'm back up and running again, if anyone else has the "error Unable to download SocketError:Retry - Try again (11002)" I'd recommend just following this (I did a ping to the server and saw a slightly different address - 69.16.175.10, might be a UK thing, but since it works I guess it must be right).
  2. Roanon New Member

A competent company adds the other server, changes the ip adress, and shuts down the old server AFTER all ISPs have updated their lists. Thats the problem, this should not happen, but ok it can happen. Rarely, not so often like things get screwed up here.

But the really unprofessional handling is: not communicating anything about the error, neither reason nor timeframe, and leave the posting of workarounds and problem-solvers to other sites like eq2wire. Seems like they don't care about their customers. And maybe they really do not.
    Quiarrah and Ceyllynn like this.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*Warning: Retrying UI/fonts/KABOG___.TTF.fot

I have unable to log into the THURGADIN (Euro server) since last night. This is my home server . . I have tried all of the suggestions. . none work. Please fix. . . I have already sent in a ticket.
  4. Rriotx New Member

Its been a while since I last logged on and while trying to update my client I kept receiving

*Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_characterbasics_food_drink.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_advancement_additional_traditions.vm
    *Warning: Retrying help/de/helpfile_beastlord_taming.vm

messages which prevent me from being able to fully update and log into the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the launchpad 10 times in the last 5 hours and its always the same issue... After googling the problem it appears this exact issue happened to a number of people back in December 2016 but no real solution was provided.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/launch-pad-will-not-update.574757/page-4

The last post in the thread is from Developer Jamiss saying "There was a downstream issue. I completely forgot to mention anything in this thread, but it was noted and passed on to our team to handle it."

If there is something I can do on my end to fix this problem I'm all ears.... if its another "downstream issue" please remedy this problem Daybreak
  5. Rriotx New Member

6. Flamesong Member

Did you two ever get in yesterday? I'm getting a similar error and have tried everything I could find to fix it. Submitted a ticket, but these are the messages I'm getting:

*Warning: Retrying help/en/helpfile_welcome_madeHeroic.vm
    *Warning: Retrying music/zones/_exp12/mx_penumbra_05.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying Layouts/heroic/h_ranger_simple
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/db/e0f/1066b98ef80fcc509322638ceb29c95a241
  7. Rriotx New Member

Nope, I'm still having the same exact issue :(
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Nope.. . I am uninstalling the game and re-installing it. . see if that works.
  9. Rriotx New Member

24 hours later and the problem still exists.... still no response from Daybreak either...
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yeha. . . I can't re-install the game cause I can't even get the download button to work. . . and the BOX is too OLD! It's SONY not DAYBREAK. So. . . that didn't work. . .

**wonder if they will give me the Mara house for FREE since I won't be able to do all 9 summer quests??**
  11. Rriotx New Member

I have officially uninstalled and reinstalled the EQ2 launcher 25 times in the last 26 hours and clicked the RETRY on the update button countless times.... and the launcher still wont update my client. I've even tried running EQ2 with multiple versions of DirectX.... Daybreak, please fix your "downstream issues" as developer Jamiss put it.

*Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes

12. Rriotx New Member

@Flamesong did you ever get your game to work?
  13. Flamesong Member

Nope super sad also I won't be able to do the summer quests. :(

I uninstalled a few times and clicked retry probably 100x. Spent two days trying every trick I could find to get it to work and nothing.
  14. Freevudo New Member

Seems that it may be a problem loading new content (files that have yet to be downloaded to local client). Game works fine moving about zones I have already visited, but if I try to zone into an instanced zone for the first time the client crashes to desktop (the little dinosaur file status guy never seems to count down the packet total). If it's an instanced zone then i can reload to my character just fine because it kicks me back to the non-instanced zone I tried to access it from. If it is not an instanced zone that I try to zone into, i can't load that character anymore. My son's primary character is now stuck in a zone.

Another clue is that if I try to download the full client, it wont download any new files/content.

Something is amiss!

Anyone have a full version of the client (all content) that they can share out, or a link to a full download not through Daybreak? Preferably not packaged with a mothership virus!
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

How did you even re-install it? I can't even do that from the download button on the site. It was only affecting Euro for me. . . but I ended up uninstalling the one I used for the American servers first. . . so then I just uninstalled both. Now I can't even get it back on my machine.
  16. Eyenstein Member

Same issue as yall as well cant DL anything was hoping to get on its been a couple months ;)
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

How many of you having issues, have Comcast as a provider?
    Someone said something about Comcast in Discord.
  18. Revekk Member

I Have the solution (or a way to have Daybreak fix it) ! Going to post a new thread. look for it
    Island Girl likes this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Comcast: California: Bay area
  20. Rriotx New Member

I'm using Cable One in Boise.... anyone get their client running yet?