Dude to class balance changes, could we make Ire-Dread heirloom?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, May 20, 2016.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

I'm gonna make an account on a forum for string theory physicists so I can rant about stuff I don't understand just to give me perspective on interpreting your posts.
  2. faceless New Member

That's not triple-fervor, thats 'fervor'. Used to be they were 1/3rd fervor.
    Beee, Xillean and Montag like this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

could have fooled me. I watched a couple summoners I know go from 50 mil to 300mil overnight.
    Kraeref likes this.
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

I do believe summoners are working as intended. I'm guessing they've been broken for quite some time when it came to sharing with their pets, and during that time devs gave them some improvements in other areas to try to bandaid them up to T2 dps levels.

Now that sharing has been fixed they are doing much better than expected.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

"Bandaid them up to T2?" They were already pretty close behind T1s (sorcs/preds) before these changes, assuming equivalent gear. What kind of braindead summoners were you playing with that were below T2? Heck, there isn't really a "T3" anymore, unless, maybe, healers?
  6. Nkito Well-Known Member

My point is I believe their sharing has been broken a long time, and during that time they've been balanced with this deficiency in mind (boosted more than they would have been if they weren't broken).

Now that the switch has been flipped on pet sharing they are suddenly doing more dps than is most likely intended. Not defending their current position, just speculating what led to it. Though I don't play a summoner.

But yes even before they were capable of big numbers, but generally I only saw exceptional players parsing with the sorcs/preds...now I see a vast majority of them doing this.

I do believe it's temporary though, I am enjoying their excitement for the time being.
  7. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yeah, fair, I see your point. Previous compensation in other aspects combined with a recent fix of pet mechanics has produced interesting results.

My Ire-Dread is now attuned to my Necro. It'll be a blast to mess around with in heroics. I'll still raid with the Wizard, I guess, but it's lost a lot of its previous lustre.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

that would be par for the course.
  9. Montag Well-Known Member

[IMG]