Dude to class balance changes, could we make Ire-Dread heirloom?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, May 20, 2016.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

Wait, I was on a crusade? I don't remember making a ton of posts about it. Did I say, one time, something to the effect of "chanters shouldn't be outparsing T1s because of the double-dipping from fervor on Mimicry"? Because if I did, I stand behind that statement, because that was a ridiculous mechanic.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The only ridiculous thing about it was that they let a target's and a caster's fervor apply. Now only caster's. It actually should be opposite. Fervor of a target should apply, not a caster's. Mimicry is by name should mimic a damage of a target. Should be just a simple mimicking process without any special calculations involved as it is now after this "fix". But no... too many upset t1 casters were screaming their lungs up here about it.

No matter now though. What's done is done.

Sorry, everybody, for sidetracking the topic. I think summoners need to be left alone as they are now after a change.
  3. Ratitz Active Member

This is one of those classic examples of where "Hey can we change this item" has turned into an insult-infested "fix sorcerers" post. I'm enjoying my popcorn. I'm just surprised Mogrim hasn't chimed in yet.
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

Why? Summoners now are like the warlocks of AoM, except I'll be the better man and first to admit that summoners are overpowered and probably will be/should be nerfed. Summoner swarms could be nerfed to about 75% of their current form and still dominate and/or compete on parses. I am really hoping the rumor about the double line coding for swarms is true.
    Ratitz and Brightlyz like this.
  5. Enigma Active Member

Nah
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

those are some well thought out points enigma, I'll have to go back and check to see if veta is mistaken.
    Brightlyz likes this.
  7. Enigma Active Member

75% nerf is overboard for sure...my parses did not double or triple since this update..
  8. Ratitz Active Member

you misunderstand. he is saying nerf them to 75% of what they are now, not take away 75% of the damage they do. reading is difficult.
  9. Enigma Active Member

Iol...75% nerf to dumbfire pets..not the class itself so ya reading is not difficult.
  10. Enigma Active Member

If any nerfing needs to be done it would have to be about 25% or 20% to dumbfire pets but then again i feel like dumbfire pets are double dipping from pot/cb/other stats besides fervor from raid wide/group wide buffs.
  11. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Now you're just showing off.
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

No, Sykle was right on what I was stating. Nerfing them, the dumbfires, to 75% of their current potential would be a 25% nerf to dumbfires, not a 75% nerf.

Anyways, back on topic to thread. I pm'd Caith about making the hammer heirloom before this thread was a thing, my pm was either ignored or read but no reply. I think making it heirloom is good as it brings up more pros than it does cons.

Pros:
    1. Having to change characters constantly would allow for those characters to better, initially not wasting a hammer. Reasoning: For most of the expac, because of our lack of necessary classes, I find myself on my alts for about 85%+ of the content. Whether its my tank being needed, or I am on my mystic to pass heal checks on damage intensive fights. For Zek content, initially, I found myself on my shadowknight often in order to help the raid pass resolve checks (#TeamPlayer).

2. In order to swap a person must get unattuners, which over time would make DGB profit as for obvious reasons, so its win/win. I get my hammer, you make your money.

Cons:
    1. None?
    -Soteria- and Brightlyz like this.
  13. Kander Developer

We'll make it heirloom. Next update.
    Fozziex, Montag and Brightlyz like this.
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

My Hero! I am still waiting on you to Heartbound me by the way.

Edit: Does this include Kraletus weapon?
    -Soteria- and Prissetta like this.
  15. Brightlyz Active Member

thank you jesus
  16. Yoube Active Member

lolwut?

Is this a troll? For if it is... it is a great one!!!
  17. Kander Developer

Nope. No troll.
  18. Enigma Active Member

Can you make the Spine of Ancient Terror heirloom as well?
    -Soteria- likes this.
  19. Yoube Active Member

Since were making changes for the masses that are asking...

Can we please get the percentage to get a blood iron key increased and the rate of ethereal war runes being awarded from blood iron chests increased also?
    Montag likes this.
  20. Enigma Active Member

Should also make it drop more often! or Make the spine of ancient terror like 25-50% drop rate since its way harder to get then the 1 shot mob.