Dude to class balance changes, could we make Ire-Dread heirloom?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, May 20, 2016.

1. Xper Well-Known Member

That's great, but sometimes the mob doesn't die, and sometimes the reason it doesn't die is because your raid didn't do enough DPS. That's why people care about doing more DPS, because they want to kill stuff.
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

And I get that. I understand it. But by the same token, if the only reason you play, say a Wizard, is because you can be in the top 3 on a parse, and the second you drop to number 4, you want to switch toons, then that's on you. that's not a reason to make the 'game changer' hammer heirloom just so you can hop to FOTM class Z because a raid leader won't let you get a hammer for your alt that just happens to parse better this week.

playing a class and enjoying it should not be entirely bound to your position on the parse. If the only reason your an Assassin is because of it's parsing, then that's not playing Eq2, that's playing Excel Spreadsheet Eq2 Edition. Every class is going to have highs and lows where someone else is going to be better because of a Dev adjustment. You should want to be an assassin because you like how the class plays, you like the lore of it, etc. same for a Wizard, or a Beastlord, or a Conjy or Necro or Brigand.

If your raid leader, or you, don't want certain class simply because someone got an adjustment that makes them a higher parser, that is not DBG's fault. that's on you. if your Raid Leader won't let you bid on a second hammer, that's on them and you again, NOT something the Devs need to 'fix' for you by making the hammer heirloom.
    Kuulei and Karsa like this.
  3. Xper Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has said that.

Take resolve for example. If you were a warlock and your raid had another warlock, switching to wizard or to a summoner would have increased the entire raid's DPS by 10% without even considering your character's personal DPS. This is changing with today's patch, but this thread was started after resolve was added in its original implementation.

And even besides that, the fervor changes mentioned in OP were substantial, the boost it gave summoners was serious. The conjuror in my guild went from being number 3-5 on parse to being #1, outparsing a t1 with hammer on many encounters. His DPS increased by nearly 100m overnight without doing anything. Those are increases you can't ignore.
  4. Stimps Member

Let's get one thing straight before we allow Entropy (whom I raid with) to continue his crusade against summoners *despite his small "not calling for a nerf guys". Summoners were not working as intended. They were fixed, and now properly played have a chance of being towards the top. Entropy sometimes isn't the top on the parse now....usually behind the assassin but now sometimes he is under the summoners so its no bueno. Don't let him fool you, this had nothing to do with a real complaint and everything to do with what can consistently parse the highest. Stick him on a bard.
    Runamuck likes this.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'm not on a crusade to nerf summoners. I'm confused as to why sorcerers, which for most of the entire history of EQ1 and EQ2 have been the lowest-utility-highest-damage class, are now struggling to compete with both summoners, both predators, beastlords, and occasionally illusionists (assuming all have equal gear and infusing).

The sorcerer class has started to lose its value as a DPS slot on a raid roster. With today's change to resolve buffs now stacking, why, from a min/max perspective, would a raid leader want a sorcerer in the raid? Please answer this question - it's not rhetorical.

If the DBG answer is "we want half a dozen classes to all be considered equals as T1 DPS" then that is completely fine - but the proof needs to be in the pudding. I'll even be happy to overlook my distinct lack of utility as a factor in this discussion at this point.

It wouldn't even require a complete overhaul of the classes - just fix Focused Casting and Fiery Blast to be slightly more effective.
  6. Xper Well-Known Member

Seems to me that today's resolve changes help warlocks rather than hinder. At least they're the same resolve as summoners now.
    Runamuck likes this.
  7. Runamuck New Member

they are not change hammer to suit yer needs you have better chance of doing 'Key' quests to get those ethereal runes for yer new technological terror of uber-Dps alt that u want to play and if your Raid-Leader will not let u bid on another hammer..Find a new a raid..:(.
  8. Maldek Active Member

dude, where's my class balance?
    Montag likes this.
  9. Stimps Member

Summoners are considered T1, so are beastlords, assassins etc entropy. You are just required to work hard to to compete now...Sorry of like a summoner did pre pet fix. Also....necro utility is great......certainly deserves to be %30 under other T1's. My necro icelash is too OP.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

I bet your necro's ice lash IS really op considering your temp pets proc it and with how many temp pets necros have...
  11. Stimps Member

Um...nope, unless something has changed in a day. Otherwise, jesters ruse would be yuuuge
  12. Stimps Member

They benefit from group buffs affecting stats, not procs
  13. Therein Active Member

Not entirely true. They can proc some of them for some reason. I know for a fact they can proc the swashy effect. Not sure which others work.

Have tested Exacting Venom from brigand, and it doesn't work.
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

Feel free to test things before posting.
  15. Enigma Active Member

Ice lash hardly does any dps for the dumbfire pets anyway. Does like what 3-5mill dps? maybe less i will have to check again.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

I was simply agreeing with the necro who said their ice lash was op because I knew they were trying to be sarcastic and they had no idea their pets/temp pets proc it.
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

Let me try this again, since you guys conveniently ignored my question. I was serious. Not rhetorical. I would like an answer: what value does a sorcerer now bring that any of 4 or so other classes doesn't do better (better DPS in all those cases, better utility in some as well.)

And lol at the suggestion that I need to "work harder to compete." As if I wasn't already pouring millions of plat into infusing... As if I wasn't already doing everything I could to maximize the toon... As if I was slacking on pressing buttons during raid. Come on Stimps. You've known me for almost two years; you know I go 110% at all times.
    Brightlyz likes this.
  18. Xper Well-Known Member

Eh, my only comment is both summoners and sorcerers give **** utility, and for the last few expacs sorcerers have been outparsing summoners. Now summoners got some love and are outparsing sorcerers.

I imagine how you feel right now is how summoners have felt for years.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You were among few who was on crusade against mimicry which was twisted beyond logic. But it's all good.
  20. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I hear being heartbound is op, maybe that would help your parse?