Dude to class balance changes, could we make Ire-Dread heirloom?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, May 20, 2016.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

There are people who main switched because of class balance issues like fervor not effecting pets, limited value of resets on certain classes, etc etc. And now they are stuck on a class they don't really enjoy because they can't move their ultra rare item to the toon they really identify with.

Stuff like this is bad for keeping people playing. For example we have a really good t1 player with the hammer who like barely shows up now like his heart just isn't in raiding on that class. I know we're not the only ones.

No trade tag on such a rare item that is so balance effecting is really a problem.
    Fozziex, Brightlyz and Prissetta like this.
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was about to make my own thread about it. Thanks for starting one.

Since we seem to be in a wildly swinging balance experiment, I would like the flexibility to swap mains if I'm willing to invest the time to gear them out. My job is to DPS, and that means I need to maximize that potential for my raid slot. That means I am better off being another class right now. An integral part of that swapping, however, is being able to take certain game-changing items with me (hammer, runes, etc).

My raid leader won't let me bid on a second Immolation item (I asked, for this exact reason.) I don't blame him - that'd piss off a lot of guildmates. There seems to be absolutely no progress (or even talk) of fixing the two key sorcerer abilities (Focused Casting, and Fiery Blast) so that they can properly scale and/or even be meaningful in the first place. Equivalently geared Summoners are now parse monsters. I want out.

I'm not asking for a nerf to anyone. I just want to be able to have the agility to switch to whatever crap you're going to make FOTM next. I'm willing to put in the work on the new toons and spend DBC on unattuners each time I need to swap.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a few weeks away from being right there myself. Maybe I'll just log in once every few weeks, solo Master's Chosen on my necro*, and log out again in disgust.

*Not kidding. They are doing this now.
    Montag likes this.
  3. Brightlyz Active Member

Yes please make the hammer heirloom! Ive said this in several posts earlier this week. I get why it would be no trade so people woulnt ninja it for alts ect, but the way raid loot is setup this would never happen. Please Please Please!
    Montag likes this.
  4. Mrmackyx New Member

Yeah. Please make it heirloom so I can switch it to my alt when I want to play it. Also, just remove the the no trade tag from every item in game. Ty.
  5. duckster Active Member

Runes being heirloom would also be nice if this change happens.
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this fervor not affecting pets, I thought that was fixed was I mistaken?
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Fervor does effect main pets. it didn't effect Dumbfires/swarms...but now that they are effected by group buffs...they do get effected by fervor buffs like say, marauder's vaunt. if your raid leader won't let you go after a second hammer for your 'new main' then that's not DBG's problem, that's your raid leader's problem.

if your raid leader in **** retentive about parse numbers or you are that way over parses and feel that number defines your enjoyment, that's again, your raid leader/your own problem. they made Ire-Dread no trade because of how powerful it is, just like they did for the runes.
    Karsa likes this.
  8. Montag Well-Known Member

This response is just... wow.

Okay, first of all, whether the raid leader lets people bid twice is kind of irrelevant considering how rare it is and how unlikely it is for anyone to even get their first, let alone second.

Second you clearly have a slacker mindset if you think the only reason t1 dps wants to be on a class that can compete for top of the parse is cause of some mental defect of him or the raid leader, you sound like that guy saying "I don't care how much dps I do as long as the mob dies." (People who take this stance typically have trash numbers or are "hardcore casual" meaning they play 16 hours a day for 8 years but never get good enough on any class that a top 40 guild would want them.)

Third no crap it's no trade because it's so rare and powerful, rejection of that reasoning is the exact purpose of this post! We're directly asserting that in light of massive balance changes and the extreme power of the item, it should be heirloom. We're straight up asking for an about-face, and you come here with a line about the reasoning why it is what it is, as if an understanding of that wasn't implied in the original post.

Based on the above (and a quick peek at your not even fully heroic fabled gear and flat out wrong itemization, though maybe I'm looking at a different rainmare), I highly suspect you are a hardcore casual and not qualified to comment on this issue at all. There's nothing wrong with being a hardcore casual, craft some, solo some, maybe raid with an alliance now and then kind of player, but lots of time spent playing that way doesn't qualify you to comment on issues that effect high-end hard core raiders

Sorry if this sounds harsh but people from casual crafting guilds ought to stay out of these types of discussions.
    Fozziex, Kham and Entropy like this.
  9. Xper Well-Known Member

not to mention lack of DPS is a fail condition for several important raid encounters, so yeah an extra 50% dps on a t1 can literally be the difference between wiping and progressing.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

First, I have raid gear and some of the new heroic gear and I specced myself as a Tank, not a psedou-dpser as a paladin.

Second, Yes, I am in the camp of if the mobs dies, I don't give two ***** who tops the parse, or by how much. the point of the fight is to kill the mob, and wether or not your 1st or 8th on the parse is irrelevant. Did it die? then you win.

Third, Yes, I call it a mental defect if it's 'I don't care how much you like your toon, if it isn't in the top 5 parsers as a 'pure DPS' you don't get to play or it's not fun.' I have played a paladin since Eq1, and I played it because I liked the class, NOT because it was ever the best, or most powerful, or a high ranker on the parse numbers. if the only reason you like being a Warlock or a Wizard is only when your topping a parse, then you're not enjoying a game, you're enjoying an excel spreed sheet.

but your demanding that a 'game changer' item should be made Heirloom, simply so that you can bypass the idea of 'the raidleader won't let me win it twice' and 'so I can hop to whatever parses higher with the Uber game change monster item' intact. it sounds to me like crying that your Raid Leader won't give you what you want so you want the Devs change the item so you can bypass your Raid leader's restriction and still switch to a class that has a higher number on the parse.

Fourth, I can speak on any subject I want. you being in a 'hardcore raider guild' doesn't make you more an expert on why a hammer should, or shouldn't be no trade. My point on it is a game changing super item needs to be no trade, it's effect in the overall game world needs to be limited and minimized. everyone talks about how the hammer doubles and triples parses. it needs to be an item that only the characters that have it, can be used to show how powerful it is, or can make a basis for why a class may need adjusting.

It's an argument I've seen before for getting classes nerfed. Warlock + Hammer isn't as badass as Conjy + Hammer. great. but what I don't want is 'I played a Warlock for 6 years, got my hammer, saw I was still not as good as I want, so switched to Conjy, gave it the hammer, and I STILL loose to the 7 year old Necro with hammer, Necro's need nerfed!'

The hammer needs to stay an item that isn't easy to pass around to character hop with just so people can bypass raid restrictions, or just so you can make your FOTM toon hopping every other month to max your spreadsheet numbers 'easier'. you want another hammer on your new fun toon, then convince your raid leader that you deserve the hammer.
    Karsa likes this.
  11. Sylke Well-Known Member

While I personally don't have an opinion on whether the hammer should be no-trade or heirloom, I do have an opinion on the other stuff. Why are you belittling how someone else enjoys playing the game? If your enjoyment comes from being the top DPSer, then why is that somehow a "mental defect?" Different people enjoy different playstyles; that's what makes this game so great.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  12. Montag Well-Known Member

13. Montag Well-Known Member

Please forgive my all-caps i wanted my responses to be easy to differentiate.

Again I'm sorry if I sound harsh but over and over these hardcore casuals who play 16 hours a day but never get any good on any class and spend the other 8 hours on the forums, the same type who love to answer noob questions in general chat whether they know the right answer or not, chime in and muddy the waters on topics that will never effect them in their casual playstyle and that have ramifications they'll never understand cause they aren't in a progression guild where things like actually caring about your numbers matters tremendously. Look up the Dunning-Kruger effect because it's in full effect here. You know so little on the topic that have no inkling of how much more there is to it than you think and so you overestimate dramatically the value of your opinion on the topic.
    Kojacke likes this.
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

First off, it was me that made the comment about my guild leader not allowing people to bid on a second Immolation item, not Montag. So, if you have some opinions about that, direct them towards me. I already stated that he was correct in not allowing me to do that, because it was pretty much a frustrated half-*** request on my part, not a serious request that I was willing to fight for. I can only imagine how pissed off the other X people in my guild who want that hammer would be if I was allowed to bid on a second one.

Secondly, to the overall point of this thread and your comments quoted above: the "no-trade" tag exists for a reason... it exists because certain items are not supposed to be passed around to alts because they are achieved through long signature quests or are otherwise incredibly powerful. Got it. No argument there. However, since "SOE" became "DBG" and the leadership has changed over the past year or so, we have seen an incredible shift in what the dev team is willing to do to the concept of game balance. I truly believe that they have good intentions and are trying to make things right and fair, but holy crap, it's been a hell of a ride and I can't figure out how I, as a raider, am supposed to react or what might be coming next. That isn't good.

The request to make this stuff Heirloom is a "we give up" cry from the raiding community. We want to min/max our raids to bring forth the highest chance of success on new content, on progression, on difficult encounters. We have game-changing items like Immolation weapons that contribute to this success. We aren't asking for nerfs to classes; we just want the ability to be able to shift with the metagame as DBG swings it wildly in one direction or another. I do not know why you seem to be so adamantly butth#rt about this concept, but please try to understand it from our perspective.

I would swap all of my good gear to a Necromancer or Beastlord today, if I had the option. If they fix Sorcerers eventually, I'd swap it back. I'd pay the DBC on the marketplace for the unattuners each time, and I'd invest the time to get my new toons ready in every respect. I can't really do this, however, when the one item that actually matters is now stuck on a class that was supposed to be pure T1 DPS, but appears to have been eclipsed by several (many) other classes in endgame DPS potential.
  15. Yards Well-Known Member

I doubt they would ever make the hammers heirloom only because it would make it possible to kill the one shot guy over and over and put hammers on mains. Its easily done by terribly geared alts and can also be 2 grouped by mains so he could be farmed infinitley to get a whole raid hammers in a couple months.
    Yoube likes this.
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

This i understand, but the damn thing drops so rarely I still dont think it would be that big an issue lol, We have killed him as much as one raid force can since 2nd week of xpac and only got 2 thus far. And im told we are on the lucky side of the drop rate for other guilds .
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

How bout we just fix the drop rate on the damn hammer? 1 dropped item in 7 months of raiding seems a little out of wack...
    Maldek likes this.
  18. Wimble Active Member

Forgive me but could you link this hammer as I have no idea what it is that is causing all of this grief!
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

20. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

lolwut?

[IMG]
    Karsa likes this.