Dude to class balance changes, could we make Ire-Dread heirloom?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Montag, May 20, 2016.

1. Eatmyshorts New Member

Can you make it drop in the chest also .. our raid has only seen 1 drop this whole expansion to us its like none existant.. your RNG gets better 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ... it really feels bad...its not good when an expansions comming to the end and you never see the loot drop more than once,its just not right.
  2. Montag Well-Known Member

Thanks a ton, it's really nice knowing we have devs that understand issues like these. :)
  3. Entropy Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  4. Rondo9 Active Member

Ethereal Runes Heirloom to please Kander. Need to stripe my Wizards gear and put it on my Conj.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

Agreed, runes should count as well. That is a bit harder though since runes don't attune in the same way as gear. I assume their intention is to make players go through the hassle and cost of unattuning if they want to switch mains.
  6. Fozziex Active Member

Brb while I give hammer to my zerk while I am not raiding and make it even more invisible.
    Billyrayy likes this.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

+1 for boosting unattuner sales... While we're at it, can we change the equipped appearance of the new heirloom hammer to something like this:
    [IMG]
    Fozziex and Billyrayy like this.
  8. Montag Well-Known Member

Reading your viewpoints on so many issues issues i began to wonder if you were attempting to sabotage this game, but then i remembered Hanlon's razor.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Yay. the crybabies who have meanie raid leaders get their cake and eat it too. Joy.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Mimicry is fine now. It's the triple-fervored summoners you've gotta watch out for now. Fervor on the summoner, fervor on their pet, and fervor on their dumb fires. Unbalanced, broken, and entirely way too much to hand to one class.
    Kraeref likes this.
  11. Brightlyz Active Member

Let me guess, you dont have said hammer?
    Xillean and Montag like this.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Naturally. Anyone who has a differing opinion is clearly making an attempt to sabotage. Gotta love you keyboard commandos though. Kudos. Good luck on your raids.
  13. Brightlyz Active Member

Differing opinions are totally fine,,,,,,unless they are wrong.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Of course I don't. I wouldn't want it, as I play a Tank, not a DPSer. I wouldn't dream of taking the hammer from one of them.
  15. Montag Well-Known Member

You clearly didnt understand the comment you're quoting.
  16. Entropy Well-Known Member

"Meanie" raid leaders? Not letting someone bid on a 2nd hammer just because they (the DPS class) wants to switch to a new main is the CORRECT decision to make in almost every raid guild. Circumstances dependent, of course, i.e. if the raid leader told someone to switch classes for whatever reason, then obviously they should be allowed to bid on everything again.

Changing this hammer to heirloom has literally no negative effect on anyone. The amount of b*tthurt that some of you people are showing is astounding.
    Xillean and Montag like this.
  17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

no, what's irritating is if YOU want to swtich to a new FOTM, then no, they should accomodate you and make something Heirloom just becuase 'I want a hammer on my new main, and my raid leader is a meanie and won't let me have a second one'. and I see it as a balance issue, just like people threw fits over BLs before having huge monster parses pointing at it and going Nerf nerf! even though only like 3 BLS worldwide were even capable of doing it (thought they recently got rebuffed back up) becuase they had what was 'game changer' or super equipment at the time.

I don't want to see suddenly 'look conjies or necros or assassins can do THIS! nerf nerf!' because it's someone that just traded over the 'game changer' hammer to their brand new FOTM toon. your right perhaps, that a raid leader should make sure all the others get a hammer before someone gets a second, but you know what, that should be just the price you pay for not liking your toon went from 2nd on the parse to 5th because of a game adjustment. if your still in the top ten, that should be fine.

now if your toon get beaten to death with the nerf bat and went from 2nd to 11th, I can sympathize.
  18. Brightlyz Active Member

Not one single bit of this makes any since.
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's hard to decipher the underlying gripe through all the nerd rage, but maybe he's actually just against the entire idea of Heirloom gear? Maybe it's really a complaint against Unattuners being in game? Who really knows.

If you look at the idea of main switching, there's a lot more investment of time that went into getting the other 20 item slots... raiding and smart DKP outlay, heroic grinding for gear or platinum, shiny farming for various meta rewards, etc. Oh, and the 2M+ plat that went into infusing this stuff. I can just throw some unattuners at those other slots and get a different Mage alt basically ready for raids in a few minutes. If you have s philosophical problem with being able to move the hammer, you probably should also have one with the transfer of power I just described, because that is far more of s determinant of parse potential than the Immolation proc. immolation is good, but not having to start from scratch on gear in those other 20 slots is kind of critical.

So, hey, where's all the outcry about unattuners in this thread? That's the root of the "problem" here; we are just talking different magnitudes of ease/effect. If you don't think people should be able to main switch in this manner, then just come out and argue for the unattuning mechanic to be removed and we will be stuck with gear on whatever character we chose to attune it to... otherwise, you're just arguing semantics and you have no real coherent position on the subject.
  20. Maldek Active Member

I added some BS replies here but on a serious note, the uptick in NO-TRADE tags is unsettling. I think Heirloom is a far better system and any dropped loot should be HEIRLOOM, with No Trade only used on quested loot.
    Beee and Montag like this.