Drunder

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is going to be very confusing if characters on Drunder continue to report their old server names. No wonder I haven't been able to find any characters reporting from Drunder.
    suka and Dread1313 like this.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I doubt they'd push that info to census. So everyone can't go and browse all the banned users.
    The server status itself isn't showing up either.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's very strange to me and factually inaccurate to have characters continue to report as being from Antonia Bayle, etc. rather than Drunder. Presumably, these characters are going to continue to report that they are in their old guilds on their old servers. More importantly, we won't be able to trust any of the character stats or items or achievements as we don't know if they earned them or not.
    Filly67, Pipsissiwa, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  4. Antisocial Member

Or maybe they were actually copied and the originals left intact but hidden from the user giving time for appeals. After all, it is an 'experiment' and moving an entire account (with the prospect of possibly having to restore it for a failed experiment -- or appeal) is probably far more difficult than just copying some characters to 1 server for now. They did something similar back when Freeport was launched. Allowing copies of characters (for a fee) from Nagafen to Freeport (maybe from other servers too...I don't know).
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

op here. honestly unless i'm restored im basically quitting. i see no reason to play on this sever nor does the other group of people i got banned with. i could always make a new account but now im bitter. yes i exploited. but i have probably exploited close to 100 things in the past few years. the exploit is pretty widely known now so i guess us pioneers of it are the only banned. i find it somewhat hilarious to be quite honest. imagine if this had
    been around like five years ago, so many guilds would be "drundered" for whatever devs called an exploit. if you look at my characters you can see my discos from the new server they just show up as a blank server.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

people will exploit more on live than this server /shrug. i can make a new toon and hit 100 in like three days
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

what was the exploit?
    also --

[IMG]
  8. Lucus Well-Known Member

you could use a totem of the succelent or experiment on your armor for multiple reactive heal procs and tank tons of mobs making it an effective solo grind.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

you can't experiment on armor in TLE server, so I don't think that was it?
    unless they found a way in which case that would be a pretty clear exploit :p
    that was mostly part of the DM exploit
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Yep, if too good to be true, report it and see. Yeah, I am pretty sure a GM truly LOL'd at me, when they changed crafting writs last year!! :)
    Belenos and HaphazardAllure like this.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Feldon, I use your site regularly and once in a while, I see a major lag in the stats updating if looking up a char or even in my Signature on Forums ie. if I have been mentoring a Guildie or had harvest gear on, etc.

I also pulled up the Drunder-ite and noticed he is still on AB, as mentioned. So, if someone is moved to Drunder, do they also still populate the Guild Rosters, Leaderboards, for their respective servers?
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that since they're still testing this out, that they're just copying toons over to Drunder, not moving them. So if the experiment goes badly, they can just turn off the server and return them to their toons on other servers... still banned of course...
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

If that is the case, wouldn't a better name for it have been The Ethernere, if they are not really there??
    Belenos, Moonpanther and Feldon like this.
  14. Foretold Well-Known Member

That actually would have been a good name for the server. Where toons go when they die...
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

If you lookup a character on EQ2U, then camp your character in-game, and then refresh on EQ2U all within 15 minutes, you won't get the updated data because you're inside the cache window. If you camp your character in EQ2 and *then* look it up on EQ2U, the change should be instantaneous. Census updates are very rapid -- we're talking seconds.

Tip: If you want to force an update on EQ2U while viewing character_details, add /force to the end of the URL after the ID number.

EQ2U Signatures are cached for at least 72 hours with a browser hint requesting that they are cached for 7 days. Why so long? Because generating each Signature image is computationally expensive. Sorry about this! We could try to decrease the cache time when I upgrade the server again. This is one reason why we've held off on releasing new signature styles. If 500 people go and get new forum signature graphics, it could lock up the server for minutes at a time.

Yes that's the problem. These Drunder-based characters are still reporting as being from their home servers. This list is updated every second yet only shows 3 test characters from what was going to be the exile-only TLE PvP server "Fallen Gate". I see no Drunder characters on worldid 603 even though I've confirmed that's their server:
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/xml...ata.worldid=603&c:limit=10&c:show=displayname
    Kittybock likes this.
  16. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate is probably a test, those are all level 1 toons.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

by the same token, there is a server called Isle of Refuge. /shrugs
    doesn't seem to have a relation with the Drunder server
    [IMG]
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Isle of Refuge is the second PvE TLE server if one is needed. When they launched the TLE servers and hundreds of characters were being created, they were ready to spin up second servers if needed. But it turns out that thousands of characters that have just started out and have very little data are a lot easier to handle than characters with 11 years of cruft history. ;)
  19. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

my guess based on some info i got on another forum

city raids drop armor that when inspected gives a quest for that class armor piece. Since no drop is tradable for a period of time, and this quest wasnt made to work with that function, what chorboys guild did is trade the armor pieces between the classes that needed it so they all could inspect the item and get the quest that gives them all a piece of class armor. Which results in 6+ people on a raid getting an armor upgrade from one piece of loot.

keep in mind some of this gear is best in slot for many of the classes, especially casters and healers.
    suka likes this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Feldon, are there any current plans to open Exile-only server Fallen Gate? Or what ever happened to that? Because its rule set would appear to be at variance from Deathtoll's, it can't just be considered an overflow PvP server. It's its own thing.

Did it not go up because Exiles were added back into Deathtoll?