Drunder

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Are there no mobs or questgivers? Is it PvE or PvP? Why can't you play there?
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

now that sounds like it could be an exploit.
    I wouldn't have thought of that, I know all about the city writ raids. my guild does them, but we stick to the normal way :p
    suka likes this.
  3. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

honestly it was a dumb thing to exploit since gear is bloated and raid content is like fighting your way out of a paper bag right now. But hey, I guess some people cant break through the brown bag.o_O
  4. Season Active Member

everyone can break through this stupid bag. this stuff is so easy that doing it first isnt even worth talking about. it just means you raided first.
  5. Kendayar Active Member

see
  6. RequiemDreams New Member

I mean lets be honest here. The gear part is not why you were sent to Funland. You were sent there because you took advantage of the repeated turn in of city raid gear for gold. And did it a lot I bet. Which in turn messes the economy up. That is one of the dumbest things you can do in an MMO, mess with currency. Basically you are stupid and I hope you feel that way whenever you want to actually play the game.
    Rozyn, Dread1313 and Csipi like this.
  7. Season Active Member

it really didn't effect the economy like you think it did.
  8. RequiemDreams New Member

Since it was 7 people plus another 2 box account who got a 1 way trip I think it did. Doing it enough to even buy 6 krono makes the price go up. Which in turn does effect economy. Sure not a large bit but it still does. Which GM and Devs and such do not take kindly to.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've asked about this and the threshold of being moved to Drunder will be the same or higher than the current threshold for having your account banned. There's a strict policy and it won't be frivolous reasons. Basically if you haven't been banned before, you won't suddenly find yourself permanently vacationing on Drunder.
    Rozyn, Neiloch, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

Anyone saying stuff like that?....cya much?
    Siren likes this.
  11. Vinyard Active Member

Chorboy should not be on Drunder. Drunder should be reserved for the people who play this game who are too uptight and don't like it when someone mentions World of Warcraft
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

"...Yes..I'm bitter...that the game won't let me cheat and exploit to my heart's content. I'm a pioneer, not a botter.

Pathetic logic. Good riddance.
    Rozyn, Karsa and Neiloch like this.
  13. Kergan New Member

It didn't work like this, you can't generate items indefinitely. The quests are super bugged too. My character was also sent to Drunder for this, even though between the 3 people/4 characters in my small guild of friends and family 2 characters couldn't even get the quests when examining the items. We were trying all sorts of different things - camping out, trading the items back and forth, logging in each others characters to see if it was a local issue, logging in other characters on the account, deleting files and redownloading them, trying on a fresh install, and trying it on different characters, etc.

One of us opened a bug report that night and we went on playing - a few days later my warden ate a ban because of it for "exploiting fabled gear". 15 year account with a clean whistle until that point apparently. I'm hoping they reverse it, but they obviously don't have to. In retrospect I shouldn't have even bothered to try and figure out a way around the broken turn ins, all they have are text based logs with no context and I don't blame them for seeing this on paper and banning me. I also wish we would have opened bug reports on all characters instead of just one - maybe if they saw that they would have given me the benefit of the doubt.

I guess the moral of the story is that regardless of the circumstance if you benefit in any way from something that seems fishy, petition it immediately and destroy whatever benefit you gained. Even then you'll probably have to talk yourself out of a ban but at least you'll have a good shot.
    Lunazen and Dread1313 like this.
  14. RequiemDreams New Member

This is where you are wrong. The rest I did not bother reading. The city raid gear turn in can for sure be done unlimited times, and the items sell for 10g each. pretty easy to get a few plat and start messing with economy and such.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  15. Kergan New Member

I don't think it is appropriate to discuss the specifics of how this worked on a public forum, but you could not do it unlimited times.
  16. RequiemDreams New Member

Why not? If people are stupid enough to read this and then try it then they can enjoy being sent to Chorboys play house.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  17. Prayos Well-Known Member

*sings* I'm just a Chorboy from a Chor family.
    Dread1313, Siren and Fetish like this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

personally, others did the exploit more than me. i exploited about 4 plat to help a guildie buy collections, and obviously traded the pattern to get gear. to those saying good riddance of exploiters you would lose 60% of eq2 players if all were banned. this exploit is miniscule compared to others do in certain raid guilds and get away with it (exploiting poisons,war runes, paladin myth, the list goes on)
  19. Kergan New Member

It's already been posted by someone other than me in this thread. The only thing I added is that you can't generate unlimited items.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

there are exploits on eq2 flames that are posted and still work and people use them and get away with it, i find it funny how other players dreww can exploit guards and still play and I can't, we both did wrong. his was more of outsmarting developers, and mine was taking advantage of poor development