Drunder

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

I think the point of experimental prison server Drunder is to move exploiters, hackers, cheaters, dupers and of course, botters, while still retaining their $15 a month. It's a Pay-to-Play server.

Whether anyone will actually pay to play there remains to be seen.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

that is an exploit???? how? if you experiment on your armor, that is part of the game. if you use a totem, that is part of the game. the game allows heal procs on armor after experimenting. they increase if all of your armor has the same heal. isn't that the way it was supposed to be? sorry i seem to be missing something here.
  3. Csipi Active Member

Don't worry, these cheaters won't be using money to pay for their accounts. I think that is why the op is having a tantrum. He probably cheated his way to a lifetime of kronos which now he can only use on the prison server.

So these cheaters can cry till they are blue in the face that they are quitting for good, but either way it doesnt matter to DBG because they arent using money. Also the players dont give a crap because they are cheaters. Overall its a win-win situation for everyone, well everyone that matters at least.
    Mermut, Rhodris and Siren like this.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Just FYI, Holly was on Stormhold today, and addressed that:

Windstalker:Windstalker\/a tells General (2), "Level 1 -5s were less than 1%"
    Mermut and Siren like this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

He's talking about back when experimenting first came out and facerolling through player made dungeons.

Edit: and that was "working as intended" right up until the patch that nerfed it.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

ahh- kk thanks. yeah i remember they nerfed the way you could have both heal and hit on the same piece of armor and that was the exploit, not the heal. having them both on the same armor and then adding the totem made the person invincible.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

And yet characters on Battlegrounds show up as being on a Battlegrounds server. :confused: I think a way to tell which characters in Census are on Drunder is essential.
    Fetish, Sigrdrifa, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  8. Medicinal Active Member

There isn't anything stopping someone with a lifetime's worth of krono from transferring those krono to a new account and starting fresh, off Drunder.
    Mitten likes this.
  9. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Making a mistake and triggering an exploit rarely if ever results in a ban. Repeating the glitch and taking advantage of the exploit is where the ban comes in, but we all know this don't we.
    Belenos, Pipsissiwa and Claudiana like this.
  10. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Except DBG have already clearly stated that they are being careful that items on Drunder accounts STAY on Drunder - this may well include Kronos which could thus only be spent on the account they are in or another account on Drunder. I sincerely hope that's the case. Unless, of course, the account owner successfully appealed and the account reverted to it's original server.

I will never understand being proud to cheat and exploit in a game, especially a multiplayer one. Be proud to find the bugs, yes, and then be proud that you told the Dev's so they could fix them, not use them to your personal gain. All I read are cheaters giving the exact same justifications for their cheating as others do for working the system IRL - taxes, benefits, expenses, sport, mispriced goods... big and small things. And of course, the classic 'everyone else is doing it' one, which I grew out of somewhen around the age of 10. Cheating is cheating, and potentially spoils the game/world for the rest of us.

I've never knowingly used an exploit (whether I have by accident in normal play I have no idea as I don't keep track of known exploits - I don't know what any are at all) and have no desire to - I prefer to play the game as intended and would report anything that seemed to not be working correctly, even if that was in my favour. Even the only in-game macros I use are to say 'Grats' or tell the group I am casting a spell/ability/buff etc - never felt the need for more. Maybe that's just me tho.

Whether this Drunder experiment will work, or is even a good idea, I really don't know - I can see plenty of both pros and cons. I will, however, be very glad to see the botters, and hopefully the AFKers go (especially off the time-locked servers), and perhaps, maybe, have broker prices lower a bit so some of us regular & non-raiding (less rich) players can afford some nice things again.

And as a bonus a few people will learn the life lesson that your chosen actions, even in your seemingly unimportant (in the big scheme of things) entertainment, have consequences. Which aren't always nice.
  11. Sempermalum Member

How would they move things off a server when the account gets all its characters moved there....
    Wirewhisker and Belenos like this.
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

I was wondering that, too. Must be some sort of exploit?
    Wirewhisker, Belenos and Pipsissiwa like this.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Exploits.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. MrDaltin Member

The botters have the kronos spread around so many accounts.Washing money through broker and other ways.

So most of the botted gold they wont be able to trace anyways.

One of the bot accounts(The ones living of botting probably run 36+ per comp) will get banned.

Get moved to dunder.

The dunder account will be tossed in the thrash.

Move a krono to a new account.Hit up the bot and earn gold which you will sell as fast as you can before it gets banned.

It will only be traced to a customer in worst case who already paid for the plat and is not of your concern.They knew it could happen.

They use vpn so it wont look like its created from the same ip to avoid getting eyes on em from start.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually if their account with the krono are locked onto the prison server, it is... because they have no way to pass those krono to another account that isn't also on drunder...
    Belenos likes this.
  16. Medicinal Active Member

Krono are product wide items, they are not specific to EQ2. The same krono you have on an account on EQ2 can be accessed from any of the DBG games. All they would have to do is log in to EQ1, (or any other DGC game) and transfer the Krono to a fresh account.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Really? I always assumed that when an account is banned it is banned from ALL Daybreak games. Just goes to show how wrong assumptions can be if what you say is true.

Edit: And if what you say is true for accounts banished to Drunder, then I'm sure those players will be pleased that you pointed out a loophole that DBG will now address.
    Pipsissiwa and suka like this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No, i was playing on eq1 earlier, i could duplicate like 1000 kronos on drunder and use them on eq1 /shrug.
  19. Medicinal Active Member

Banned accounts are banned across the games, but a Drunder account isn't banned, it's just locked to a prison server on EQ2. I don't have a Drunder account and so can't test this, but there is no reason to think they would not be able to access other games.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

No need. Your speculation has been confirmed. Duped krono are running rampant in EQ1 now it seems.