Drinal raid feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by slippery, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Gninja Developer

We'll cross that bridge once we can figure out what's going on. I assure you, It's not a dead issue.
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

Another thing you can do is just instruct CS to fulfill all those petitions based on the guild's NEXT Drinal kill. So if the guild's next drinal kill is 2SW or 4SW, have CS give them an extra 2 or 4SW chest.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Once fixed that actually sounds like a semi-reasonable request. You can't fake what level you killed at that point for freebies.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

I don't really buy this. They can check logs and see the absorb messages or the kill message on the different crystals. It wouldn't be remotely hard to see what they did it on.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Doesn't each version have a version name? like how 4 soulwell is called 'nightmare' and it shows up in the log?
  6. Xexx New Member

This has gotten a bit out of hand in terms of wasting players time. I could understand if something like this happened once....maybe even twice but this is like the 3rd of 4th time we've killed "a" version of Drinal and gotten the shaft. Then of course its normal that CS has their hands tied but for even dev's to sit on and spin on the thumb instead of just spawning the mob in the same version to insta-kill and hand over loot is ridiculous.

Oh you don't know what would/should have been in the chest? Guess what! We don't really care, we'd just like anything instead of nothing really. It honestly cant be too hard to spawn and kill nightmare mode Drinal and ask Slip who to send it to.
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

For a GM to take the time to do that, sure. But I'm not exactly against Gninja sticking with trying to resolve the bug itself.

If he spent even every other day laser goggling mobs and righting wrongs for every guild that has been screwed and will be screwed out of loot until the problem is fixed, he'll never have time to fix it.

Simply being told that our missed loot WILL be reimbursed EVENTUALLY is enough reason to not worry. And that's what it really boils down to. The loot that is already missing is one thing.. but dragging your guild into a zone, taking hours of their time for ONE mob's loot with the potential of not getting it at all? That's bad business.

I'm glad he's at list hinting at some kind of reimbursement, though I don't know how SOE is too shorthanded to do both simultaneously. Hell, I'll do it for you guys. Give me some dev powers and I'll take off work to do it for free.

Maergoth Memorandum
    < Avatar of SoE >
  8. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I would trust Maergoth with dev powers.

After all, he's a Paladin.
    Maergoth and Kalderon like this.
  9. Xexx New Member

Maergoth likes this.
  10. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Even with dev powers, I'd be lackluster :/

[IMG]
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

lol at insta-killing bugged fights being a full time job. As if it would be some monumental undertaking.

Not all mobs are bugged and the ones that are don't bug out 100% of the time. Sounds like that could take a whole 30 minutes a day. Sounds super difficult too so you know a dev would have to do it.

They would just need to set up a way to easily figure out who has killed what version, which they should have had established during internal testing and development imo. Maybe they will make sure to lay this kind of groundwork from now on thanks to this problem. Once that's done the CS team could easily take it from there.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Never mind Eriak the Fetid still bugs out intermittently and doesn't spawn the Aspect of Terror add. Basically we treat that bug-out as a "free kill" provided someone remembers there is a curse they ya know... have to move on ;).

As it seems there are still issues with Drinal we killed 1 Well and are just moving up the ladder of wells. So far no loot bugs for us but will keep an eye for it and what Well it occurs on.

Edit: some typos :confused:
  13. Le Clown Active Member

Dev Maergoth 2013!
  14. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Still the matter of coordinating with the guilds to actually get them the loot and sorting through logs to prove kills, etc. And it's not as simple as laser goggling the mob either. Insta-killing it before it absorbs any soul wells doesn't do any good. I'm not saying it's tough, but I am saying that it IS a job for customer support, not a dev.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

That kind of goes out the window when it's a devs job to make sure none of this happens in the first place and if it does happen that it can be easily 'damage controlled' until a proper fix can be implemented. Gninja shouldn't be personally on handing out loot but at the very least helping CS arrange a system to rectify this lost loot. That is unless a solution is forthcoming some time next week.

I will say though I don't think all this was a simple oversight or a mistake on the part of the devs, I think this scenario was forced upon them due to a deadline for releasing the expansion and they are now having to play catch up. The holiday break didn't help matters either.
  16. Gninja Developer

We have figured a way to track Drinal kills. As I said before it was an issue of determining which soulwell he was killed in not the fact that he was killed. We can easily find that he was killed in the logs just not which soulwell difficulty he was in when he was killed.

Having said that If you have fought Drinal and he dropped an empty chest(just a trophy) from the patch right before Christmas forward have your raid leader submit a petition and we now have a process in place for getting the loot back to you guys. Please only have the raid leader submit the petition as multiple petitions from raid members will just slow down the process. Keep in mind depending on the situation of the guild will determine what needs to be done in order for the loot to be awarded but its something at least.

If you have further questions about this feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Maergoth likes this.
  17. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Huzzah, Loot.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks Gninja!
  19. Maergoth Well-Known Member

20. slippery Well-Known Member

I still hate everything about this encounter. It's just a completely awfully designed encounter. Nothing about it makes sense, and nothing about it has any thought for anything else going on.

Wiping to ridiculous **** that shouldn't happen is just lame.

Why is this encounter on an elevator for any reason it all. It adds absolutely nothing except frustration. Falling through the elevator because you lagged and then being permanently out of the fight is awesome. That's so cool. That should be a mechanic on more encounters. Lag at the wrong time and you get to take the fight off.

Why is it possible for a tank to get both the souldrain and tank swap effects? It's a guaranteed fail effect, either your fighters die or a group gets slaughtered. WOW THAT IS SO FUN

Why is it possible for the mob to mem wipe when a tank has to pick it up, thus causing all your tanks to die? MAN THAT IS AMAZING

Why in the world does it not remove everything when he ports everyone at 50%? Not reapplying is not good enough, it needs to remove everything. People getting slaughtered to souldrain because they get ported too close to the mob and out of range of their healer is fantastic. Tanks dieing because a tank has to have agro on the mob that now targets whoever it wants is great. SO MUCH FUN. It's even more fun when he gets to the top and is still doing it, so you're getting both the bottom and top scripts at the same time for 30 seconds.