Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Foretold Well-Known Member

I can't believe this depressing chase is going to go on all summer. And there's no way in Hades I'm going to pug for these things, and lose the mage items on a need roll from the tank... or worse yet, a leader loot hijack.

I know two people who have legitimately won them as drops. The rest somehow have 250K to 500K to spend on them :S I should have been farming TPR all those years ago :p
  2. Devilz New Member

I want to strangle someone in real life. F ethereals and ornate boxes
  3. Ragnorocke New Member

Drop rate is still horrible
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Roshen Well-Known Member

Updated the OP!

Thursday, August 6 – Wave 3 starts, Five New Ethereal Weapons! (These will start dropping around 9AM PDT).

Thursday, August 20* – Wave 1 stops dropping
  5. Fozziex Active Member

No 6sec priest 2h? Cheers DBG. My warden is pleased.
  6. Shurrikan Member

The drop rate on these aren't even worth coming back off the TLE servers for honestly. They are nice items, don't get me wrong....but I won't waste massive amounts of time to never even see one drop.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why some items have to be so rare. It drives off players.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

First two WW discos of the latest ethereal are on Valor. Valor has some very dedicated peeps.
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'll never see any of those, unless they are offered on the broker. I can't remember the last time I was in a group doing a "heroic instance." Oh wait, that is because I have never done heroic instances, I can't even do "Advanced Solo" with my merc. And the stuff that drops in the Solo versions is crap. Not worth the time and effort especially if you are maxed out on xp and aa at 100, but never do raids or heroic dungeon groups.

It seems the game caters to the few rather than the many. which is why the populations of servers is so few.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree. Do you know what some of the most popular zones are? I reckon its the latest fabled advanced solos. Because the chances of getting the cloak and decent fabled items (for the effort) is quite high. I got the cloak for 7 of my most used toons (x4 of course) quite quickly, but I still ran those zones 20+ times a week because I knew I'd get them sooner rather than later.

I barely bother with ethereal hunt zones as it's just too small a chance and nothing else drops that's worth it to me.
    Neiloch likes this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

They want it to be "special" if everyone could easily get it, then it wouldn't be "special"

I don't see anything wrong with everyone having at least one ubber weapon or armor piece.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Try the fabled zone AS zones. They drop some nice stuff. You do need to invest in your character though to progress through the zones. Getting yellow gear and gemming it to 4/4 and maybe buying some tradable (non ethereal) stuff off the broker to upgrade your stats. A bard is kinda wasted if not in a group, but if you can't group you can't group.
  13. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Man people complain to much. You don't like that you are not level 100, then level up. When the level cap was at your level there was item placed for them.
    If you don't pay for the game don't expect awesome xp.
    If you don't like the current server you are on move to a different one.
    If you don't like this game don't play it.

Daybreak has made more positive changes in less time than SOE ever did. Yet there is constantly a entire network of people whining and complaining about how unfair life is for them.

The old change the game FOR ME!!
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Daybreak is SOE. Same people, different name. They may have slightly less people to answer to now and a bit more control of what they choose to do, but they're not a new company looking after EQ2.
    Neiloch likes this.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

I found that fabled zone in on Butcher Block Docks the other day, I had to ask in General chat what that was :p I didn't see it publicized anywhere. Yeah, being a dirge, which Rawl is, doesn't do the best by himself with a merc. I have all the AoM gear that normally drops which can use the yellow AoM gems, but it isn't a full set. The rest of his gear is quest rewarded stuff. I'll have to try out one of those fabled zones and see if I can survive :)
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Just take it slow, you need about double your hp before you can zerg each room with a healer merc. If you can tag along with someone else and duo it, that'd be better to start.

You're a tradeskiller too, make some war runes. It will help. Boltered endurance and attributes especially for the HP
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

I see people complaining about the "whiners". I don't see it the same way they do. I see it as people voicing concerns which are negatively effecting their game play experiencing. If you don't consider yourself to be one of those "whiners," then you are likely one who is able to adapt to the game changes better than others. That's great, but don't disparage those who haven't adapted as well as you have.

I know there isn't a magic solution which will make everyone 100% happy all the time, but listening to the pros and cons in any conversation reveals opportunities for improvement, if only they will be honestly considered. If you only ever heard from those who cheer and rave about how they love the game, you'd be missing vital information which could result in more people cheering and raving about the game. So, instead of encouraging the "whiners" to shut up, consider how what they are saying might be useful to make the game better for more players.
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Azerack New Member

I understand why it seems appropriate to not have the Ethereal weapons in the Advanced Solo dungeons (because technically it's seen that you don't NEED the weapons in those instances) but just know that it doesn't make EQ2 any more attractive to those who DO prefer to only run Advanced Solo.
    In a way, the "Play your own way" is more like "Play your own way, but don't whine if you don't get access to special seasonal items because you don't group with more people."

I don't mind people who want to troll against this "whine" post, but this is just my honest opinion whenever I see ads for "Heroic Dungeon Only" content. I buy flying cows and ducks, I play the seasonal games, but this is for only the people that have large groups to play with. Just color me "meh" on this stuff and I'm just pointing that out. :)
  19. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Ethereals are almost as rare as PUGs.

/drops mic
  20. Rondo9 Active Member

This makes me sad :( I doubt I'll get my wiz a reset wand since it is so hard to get a group to run zones. I was logged in yesterday and the first 4 hours of the my time there was NO pugs going.
    Neiloch likes this.