Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Foretold Well-Known Member

Not even going to group ONCE for wave three. So. Over. This.

Next time, do a better job.
  2. Carni Active Member

I predict mergers will happen right after the ethereals stop dropping.
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

Ethereals are extremely powerful...so they should be equally rare. If everyone had a full set, the difficulty of encounters would have to be adjusted accordingly.

As for the people complaining they can't find a pug? Join a more active guild. Or maybe you're just not all that good. Between my guild and pug invites, I rarely have issues finding a group
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Until the next DLC launches when every item looks like them.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

They have openly said repeatedly these a prelude to compansion items. So are all drops in the next content update gonna have a 1% drop rate? Or would that be silly? And yes, encounters in the next compansion ARE being adjusted accordingly.

So basically the worry is people will go through current content too fast with too many ethereals? Honestly they probably should. Either people killed it a while back and are bored or more casual players have yet to even try to tight it let alone kill it. Theres no point in trying to maintain the 'life' of the content at this point when they clearly have no intention of keeping it relevant during the next compansion.

Most of the Heroic/solo AOM xpac got outmoded by the release of the fabled dungeons anyway, why stop so close to the line like this with so little time? Current contents life is not worth safeguarding.

So 'git gud' and/or abandon your guild. The fact anyone would think these are perfectly reasonable solutions to grouping problems is a problem in itself. Luckily the devs have at least promised ACTUAL solutions that have been proven to work for such problems, namely merges and xserver DF.
    Antisocial likes this.
  6. Ratza Well-Known Member

Probably right! The TL server openings have really hurt anyone's chance on the dead servers to get a pug...heck...even guild groups are suffering because of the TL servers. :(
  7. Mezaka Active Member

With all due respect, this is fine and dandy if you're on a server that has an active population that groups and pug's regularly. Unrest at certain times of the day is almost a ghost town, and has been that way for a while.

Making a statement such as 'or maybe you're just not all that good' quite frankly is insulting, as well as a catch-22. How are people going to get better if they aren't given an opportunity to do so?

I am ok with Ethereals being rare, but if you are lucky enough to win an ethereal and it is one you don't need, there should be a way to exchange it for the one for your class.

Just my 2 Cu.

--Mez
  8. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Pug groups are a thing of the past, or you get stuck with all the people thrown out of other groups. Ethereal drop rates are retardedly low and yes a way to trade in ones you do not need, or a way to upgrade them to a different one is an idea. Toss in the fact that broker prices are out of control, etherals for 500k. Here's a novel idea, make the etherals questable because the current drop rate is one sided favoring the botters and servers with much larger populations.
  9. Sinak New Member

Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

After running over 500 instances this year and several hundred instances last year no tank weapon for me so far.
    This promotion sounds ridiculous to me. I got the impression that ethereals are ingame to buy them through krono.
    Whats the point of doing 10+ instances per day and in case of a drop its not for your class.
    Maybe I'm to honest and don't click Need every time to trade it or sell it afterwards.
    This game mechanic is not rewarding or motivating. The idea of an merchant sounds reasonable so you can grant
    a reward to those who have no luck
  10. Yvonb New Member

This event should have been postponed till after server mergers, getting a group is nearly impossible since TLE. (consider revisiting this one after mergers)
    Crychtonn, Harborx and Neiloch like this.
  11. Yvonb New Member

I wonder if they will even take the time in making the DF work for end game content.
  12. Blackdog Member

Maybe 10 people active on my server atm and faction divides them ta boot, this xpac was a complete waste as far as some servers can see. Im glad my guild was able to make it thru at least the heroic content and even attempt raiding the easier stuf. We almost had a full x4 until the tle launch pretty much nuked that. Enough of us got sick of one man guilds and banded together to solve the population issue to some extent but still most of the best gear remains unreachable on naggy. As far as ethereals, a few in guild have gotten them after running zone after zone for collection rewards ( neck could be better for more classes don't ya think? ) but I know most on this server and others will never see them. Good thing server merges are a reality and we will all have new opportunities to get these, well maybe not THESE particular items, but future xpacs will make the current ones irrelevant anyway. And, lets face it, if you guys are still here after all this you are EQ junkies and will be there till they flip the switch. We can make our new servers work for us, just have to put in a little effort to make it happen for you
  13. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Ethereals should have been added to mission crates and not end boss loot tables for one very important reason. It discourages grouping with unknowns (I may be wrong but one of the great things about a MMORPG is grouping with people, meeting new people, etc.). In order to trade these items for the one you desire, odds are you rolled need in a greed situation. Now perhaps the group formed and agreed to roll need regardless of the drop, perhaps not, perhaps not all players were not 100% on board with this idea. Either way many people will not be interested in joining a group with unknown players. Because of the simple fact that not only are the chances to see one drop incredibly rare, but they may loose the item to a player who can not use it. No doubt the TLE server thinned the ranks on live servers. However the way ethereals were added inflicted greater damage to the prospect of players looking for a group, IMO.

I find that I am judgmental of people who advertise trades on ethereals. I guess there is a chance that they looted it fair and square, esspecialy if its a brawler/channeler weapon. However I just find it safer to simply not trust them.

Gnomad ~ Crushbone
    Karsa and Neiloch like this.
  14. Karsa Active Member

Maybe they did not want to repeat crates like last summer but this time around the game felt like EverRandom. Maybe next time go back to crates or how about an actual sig or heritage quest ( takes some time to complete and encourages grouping) and rewards an ethereal, a lot us signed up play EverQuest 2 not EVerRandom.
    Ruckus likes this.
  15. Flamace Active Member

You guys keeps insisting on the crates or a merchant but truth be told, the ethereals from ToV were nowhere close to as powerful as the ones this round. Having said that, its a prelude event to the upcoming campansion, if people are around for it...
  16. Harborx Member

I would have to agree with this statement. Who is making these decisions? The ethereals are rare enough, now lets lower the appropriate level server population to ensure that ethereals are almost impossible to obtain, by opening two TLE servers just before the ethereals become available. By all means, ensure that the economy gap remains intact and only gapes increasingly wider. Oh, and be sure to compromise with those who break the rules.
    I have my own experiment to study. No more money to DBG until the 'services' are more fit to my liking.
  17. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

I understand what your saying, but I think you missed my point. The way these items drop discourage players from joining pugs and grouping with new people. One can hope the next time they add items like this to the game they put serious thought into how it will affect player interactions. This is a mmorpg if an element of the game discourages grouping with new people then IMO its a bad idea.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Correct, these types of items are soon to be commonplace, although with how much power is unknown. But even setting that aside they could have still made them drop from personal crates at w/e rate they wished. Instead we have ultra rare items dropping from a chest in content that is usually more suitable for PUGs. These items had a static or 'raid' type effect on heroic content, encouraging 'cliques' or isolationism opposed to open recruitment for quick spurts of gameplay.

To me it doesn't seem unreasonable to think this entire event was some sort of experiment in how exactly NOT to run an event, at almost every turn they handled it poorly. I mean the only way they could have made it worse is by making the items wholly terrible in their effects and they only skated that because a few of them are considered good, i wouldn't even say half.
    Crychtonn likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you join a group, you need to ensure that you understand the agreed-upon looting rules for that group. Ask how the ethereals will be handled BEFORE they drop, and leave the group if you don't like the answers.

If people wouldn't be so horrible, you wouldn't worry about some rooster-weed changing loot to leader only, grabbing the ethereal, and poofing. Or someone rolling need for an ethereal that's not their class. Or any other skeevy maneuvers. That's the real reason why people often won't PUG... well, that and epic bad players (the mystic who woldn't cure because it took too much power, the tank who when the group was yelling at him to taunt the mobs used the /taunt emote, etc.), but that's a different rant.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You say that as if grouping opportunities are abundant.