Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Cleaner Active Member

Due to Massive Decreases in population and in ability to form groups, i don't see ever getting any of this stuff. I REALLY hope they extend this past the server mergers so EVERYONE will get at least a chance at one.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The way random number generators work is that statistics aren't valid over small sample sizes. A base rate is set on the back end. And if you take 10,000 drops, the number of times an ethereal dropped is going to closely approximate the base drop rate for that item. A couple of hundred observed drops won't do it.

Small sample sizes can and will deviate greatly from the norm: I've personally been in three groups where Ethereals dropped, none of which was the one I wanted, out of probably a dozen instances. Obviously, the drop rate is not 25%, as that experience would suggest. When I run another several hundred instances, THEN my personal observation of drop rates will begin to get closer and closer to whatever the actual rate may be.

There's nothing wrong with the drop rate. The only problem is the fact that people feel entitled to get the weapon, and are getting all crazy because they don't have it after X number of runs. The fact is, no matter what you do, you may never get one. If this is upsetting to you, then stop grinding for it. Go do something else you actually enjoy.

One suggestion for unhappy grinders is to make cash runs, in which your base purpose is to hunt Ethereals, but you stop and sell all the good loot that falls otherwise and split the plat between the members of the group after each sale. That way when someone announces in Auction that they have an Ethereal to sell, or has one on the broker, you can have earned the plat to BUY the thing.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Everyone has already had " a chance of one". The chance is a LOW one, set that way purposefully. Not everyone is meant to get one of these weapons, period.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Sigrdrifa

Lol what current ethereal in broker or in auction? Have you ever looked at a server such as Valor? There is nothing in the broker and there are nothing in auction, since virtually nothing drops, so you can buy anything. And when it happened that one should be there purchasable, it will be for as much platinum in the broker or in auction as it does not have honest and fair players, sorry that is none sense.

I would sometimes venture a shot in blue and appreciate if there are a total of 15 ethereal weapons that have droped on the server Valor, it would be much. Know someone on the server a Valor received, I do it only with 6 players. There will certainly be more but more like 15 would be extremely surprising.
  5. Carni Active Member

My suggestion would be, after seeing the difference between how ethereals dropped last year and this year, to save your time and buy what you want on the broker. I've been apologizing to my wife for a week now for wasting some of her vacation in game trying to acquire one of these items for each of us. If and when a Vashti comes up for sale, it shall be hers.
  6. Grif Member

I complained about this in a different thread a little while back. my guild run's 3 fabled zone's plus 2 aom heroic's each and every day. that's not including all the member's that join pug's on a daily basis. To this point 1 of my member's has won an ethereal. by this time in tov there were atleast 5 or 6 member's who had an ethereal and by the time all was over about 12 had them and for those people who ran a lot of group's it was a nice reward for doing so. The drop rate was decent enough to where if you didn't get one to drop you most likely could buy one off the broker for a very small fraction of what's being asked for in aom.. just a reply to the comment in an earlier thread ''not everyone is mean't to get one of these weapon's and are going crazy because they haven't got one after X amount of run's'' plus other post explaining RNG and drop rate which probably a lot don't care about or don't understand and really shouldn't have to. I could be wrong but people who say thing's defending what everyone else is having issue with either already has one or it really wouldn't matter to them one way or another or it just doesn't concern them. Here is the problem, It does matter to us and I'm not upset or going crazy after X amount of run's because "I" have not won one the since start because there is still plenty of time left and I'm patient {I would of still made this post if I was the 1 in guild who won an ethereal}. I'm upset because of the 5 member's in group beside's myself plus sometime's another group of 6 when we run concurrent group's if enough are on in addition to all those pugging are not winning one. So if one person complained yea I can see what you mean, but pretty much an entire guild that does nothing but run heroic's and get's 1 drop is a much different story and I know we are not the only guild. most people pay and are avid players and like to feel the time and effort they put in reward's in a fair manner and you can't deny that it isn't. I know it's RNG and just a luck of the draw but the setup was done wrong and NOBODY Not even daybreak can say there isn't anything wrong with the drop rate as it has already been adjusted once. they would not of adjusted it if they didn't see a problem. They should of kept the ethereal crate reward's bottom line. There was nothing wrong and everyone was happy. I don't remember seeing multiple thread's complaining about it in Tov. Go to the beginning of this thread and watch how it goes from excitement and optimism to frustration and anger and it's across the board every thread. I haven't seen a thread yet saying ethereal drop rate is fine and we are all happy. If you go to the very first post they say "Don't worry if you don't see the drop your looking for, these item's are attuneable so player's can trade {sell/buy} from each other" I agree with the trading part as people are trading each other amongst those who have won one, but not much thought was put into with the drop rate being so low a lot will not make it to broker at a decent price for those of us to buy who want one. Currently on A B server There are 4 ethereals on broker, highest is at 550,000 and lowest is 330,000. SLR'ing loot acquired along the way? That will eventually get us enough to buy one on broker or in auction? That's a lovely idea isn't it? As I stated above that was the hope of daybreak but because the drop rate is still too low Any loot sold and split amongst 6 people grinding the same amount of heroic's will still not likely net 1 person the amount that's being asked for on these ethereals.. so high in price that these idea's of buying if you don't win is simply not even close to feasible or a solution and would probably take twice as long to accomplish and will only get worse as each new wave come's out with hardly no one winning one from the previous wave. Cleaner in the above post stated that due to decreasing population and grouping he isn't hopeful of even getting a chance to win won. My thought's to you cleaner are those 2 thing's do not matter in the least. you have just as much chance of doing 1 heroic and winning as you do 250 group's. the low drop rate make's it so the people who win them can take advantage of those who are not but still want one. plus if your in a pug you always stand the chance of people needing on it that shouldn't. 2 separate incident's I have seen on my server was someone rolled on an ethereal that wasn't their class and won it then dropped group right away and shortly after had it on broker. won't name name's but that person has been branded and flamed alot in chat. 2nd was a healer who joined another guild's group to fill last spot and it was decided beforehand that only class's will roll on their class ethereal. an ethereal dropped and the other 5 went back on the agreement and all needed on it and the guild won it leaving the healer who should have out in the cold. these are real scenario's that have happened and all could of been prevented by just staying with the ethereal reward crate. There really isn't necessary to put people in those type's of situation's. the people in this game are for those most part fair but put up an item like an ethereal and the thought of making them more powerful or the money they can make will bring out the people who really don't care that there are actually real people behind all these character's.... bring back the crate, bring back the crate, before its too late, before it's too late, bring back the crate, bring back the crate...

apologize in advance to the spelling and punctuation police, in a hurry and had to get this all off my chest and everything stated above is my opinion unless I stated fact. you are more than welcome to agree/disagree. we just need to get this looked at again so people who enjoy and love the game can continue to do so and not just have really cool stuff waved in our faces when clearly it isn't dropping at a rate where it shouldn't even of been mentioned in the first place.<<<<<right?
    Jrel likes this.
  7. Grif Member

one last thing to add sorry. really the main problem here is people were expecting it to be the same as tov. those were also rare and unique weapons that drop over summer as stated on the first post here. basically if you are going to switch how an ethereal drops from one summer to the next it should of been stated this time that they are going to be even more rare than last summer's tov ethereals because they are more powerful. that has never been stated and people's expectation's of getting one are the same as when they were in tov because they were semi-difficult to get but not very hard to obtain from grinding or eventually giving in and buying off the broker. seem's it would be along the same line's now but people have been seeing even as soon as 2 week's ago that grinding or buying this time won't work and that's where the argument is as far as I'm concerned. it was also stated by db that even though it's not reward crate's and only drop of last bosses now that the drop rate is the same and there will be just as many around. that's clearly no where close to true.
    Jrel likes this.
  8. Noguchi Member

Its Time Roll Back and fix Ethereal in Adv Solo too, Rare is Rare why not give solo Players or lower Population Servers the Chance to get one....

Drop Rate on None Us Server is to Low...

Go Happy Gaybreak and Check out the Drop Rates pls.

And sorry for most Ab-Players Bot Players have a lot save on bags too...
  9. Roshen Well-Known Member

New Ethereals are dropping starting today! These are in ADDITION to the Ethereal weapons that are already dropped.

[IMG]
    Note I've edited this section of original post:

There will be fourteen new level 100 Ethereal weapons this summer! The first four are available now, and additional weapons will start dropping each month!
    • Thursday, July 9 – Wave 2 starts, Five New Ethereal Weapons (These are available NOW!)
    • Thursday, August 6* – Wave 3 starts, Five New Ethereal Weapons
    *note dates are subject to change, and each of these waves run for a limited time!
  10. Treson Member

Roshen, the situation here is pathetic. There are 5 pages of complaints here alone that need to be addressed and all you are doing is posting an update to the event. How about giving these folks an answer to the questions they really care about "Will anything be done to remedy the appalling drop rate of these items? Yes or No?"
    Sydnye likes this.
  11. Dixa Active Member

there are quite a few on the ab broker, and they want half a million plat for them each.

like this is firiona vie or something.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Wanna take a guess how many of those are from different servers?

I was told when a new wave starts the items from the last wave would stop dropping. Is this no longer the case?

And If waves are being added on to one another do they 'share' a drop chance or does adding more waves increase the odds of having an ethereal drop?
    Doomey likes this.
  13. Steelviper Active Member

So far all this Ethereal business has brought, is brawl, arguments and some people who pressed Need (whether they cared about their group member's needs or not can be argued) selling their won Ethereals for ridiculous amount of Platinum, which few could even think of being able to fork out.
    Pick up groups are now all about either enforced fairness, with leader having the choice to decide whom to distribute the Ethereals to (and people trusting him to be able to do so - or not), or people getting frustrated and angry because maybe some wannabe raiders Needed on an Ethereal they don't even possess the right class for in the group, but tell some excuse about their alt / main needing one, while it could have been a huge upgrade for the shabby equipped toon with the right class, who worked his bottom off and fervently hoped to finally get one.

Is this your idea of a fair game and equal chance, Daybreak? Remember how Ethereals dropped last Summer, in Tears of Veeshan - nobody had to fight among themselvs as everybody had the same, fair (relatively at least) chance to receive one for HIMSELF due to the individual crate reward - all it took was a certain amount of grinding / running the heroic zones to get one or two.
    Now it's all the growing mistrust among players wishing to group to have some tiny chance to get an ethereal. And I'm talking here from own experience, once you fail a Need for an Ethereal for your class, it's all the disappointment. The other one might not even need it, maybe it's just for selling for the tempting huge sum, but if he wins it, it's gone.

What kept you from doing it the same way it was last implemented in the misson reward crate, so everybody has some fair chance to get one? The way it is now, the grouping is only crumbling even more apart, and I've seen some people getting frustrated enough to lose the interest to log back in.
    Are you even aware of what's happening in the game? Or is it for you all about fight with some people who have some reason to make DDoS attacks on your servers, and throwing out some confetti into the game, hoping to make more people to log on, in the style of "it will work somehow"?
    Jrel, Sydnye and Neiloch like this.
  14. Devilz New Member

^^This...AND the drop rates suck! I have run over 200+ zones and I haven't seen one yet.
    Sydnye likes this.
  15. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Dixa

No, these are not the only server where this is so, is AB. On other servers, at least on the server Valor there is nothing in the broker and was also not the actual ethereal in Broker.

And these prices are also greatly exaggerated, fair and honorable players do not come into the possession of such vast amounts of platinum.
    Jrel likes this.
  16. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

As for the thing that people "need" press, if they actually believe greed, it would be quite easy to solve, by the developer.

One would have the items provided with only one flag that only people who can wear the item can also press the "need" button. That already exists and this flag are inspirations only in this loot routine must be seen already in the equipping goods.

The same could be applied to shinys, who has already been read in, can no longer "need" press and largely solved problem.

Actually not a big deal for the developers if they would implement it because times.

It would make a lot of fair players happy and some unfair greedy player it deserves unhappy.
  17. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I have now seen drop 3 the current ethereal, with the 375 instance is the first drop in the next 30 or so over the next two. And all this on the last day where it was possible.

I think the rate is still a little too rarely recognized because only a fraction of the people can lift more than 375 instances in about a month.
  18. Devilz New Member

I wish there was a way I could see how many instances I have run. I am sure it is nearer to 300 than 200, but I don't keep track.

It's always easy to say the drop rate is fine, if you are getting them to drop. For those of us who haven't seen ONE drop, we are frustrated and this sucks.
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well I run ACT every time I am playing so I am able to just search history database zone names for 'heroic' and count them from the day they started dropping.

According to that I ran 75, I would have easily ran more but hearing stories of everyone I knew who were running hundreds not even seeing them drop really put a hitch in my get along. Now I am hearing them drop significantly more, hopefully that isn't just the weird 'spike' that consistently comes with new items being released.
    Karsa likes this.
  20. Karsa Active Member

Well cmon now it's standard practice to make things drop more often at the start then like a week later the strangle-hold is in effect
    Jrel likes this.