Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Even if grouping opportunities are few, why would you group with a bunch of people who admit upfront that they're going to cheat you? If you read the EQ2 Rules of Conduct in the "Play Nice" section, it says it explicitly:

1. Loot Distribution Options selected by the group leader are not contestable.
    When you join a group, be sure to check the loot options selected by the group leader. By joining the group, you agree to these options. Should the group leader change the group loot options, you will receive a notification in your chat window that states "<Group Leader Name> has changed the group options."It is your responsibility to check the group options at this time. You may leave the group should you disagree with the options selected by the group leader; however, remaining in the group signifies your acceptance of these options.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Why employ looting systems that would make it an issue at all? it could have been completely avoided by using personal crates. Extra care must be taken with such items, it would be overkill to use personal crates for all loot since they aren't nearly as rare or powerful.

And people would take the risk or the certainty of getting screwed because they WANT to group in spite of it when opportunities are scarce.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  3. Flamace Active Member

Oh no, I agree. Greed is one hell of a drug.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Yeah ok, cause that happens on the last chest, with an ethy in it, and you can't do $#it about it at that point.
    GrunEQ and Neiloch like this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

lol no joke, who is gonna be like 'if an ethereal drops I am stealing it guys but otherwise I'll leave the loot settings the way groups typically run them'

All these issues could have been solved by personal loot crates but instead we get all kinds of lame defenses and suggestions to basically not play the game.

The whole thing makes me worry that any kind of DF put in won't have a loot settings locked, class restricted NBG system and instead get people saying ignorant stuff like 'well just dont use the DF then'
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I remember when they put some thought into making a reward vs effort system once......ONCE...
    It was called a Public Quest.
  7. Xper Well-Known Member

Or if changing loot options didn't affect chests that had already dropped.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  8. Hurtsbad Member

Maybe I am just imagining things, but it seems there has been a drastic reduction to the Ethereal drop rate. I personally have run over 300 zones since last patch and have not seen one drop. I was seeing them fairly frequently before that. Any one else notice this?

Hurtsbad/Hurtsgood
  9. Gramma Active Member

10. Roshen Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Wave 2 Ethereals stop dropping on Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 11:59PM Pacific.

Players have about a week left to have the chance to see these drop in-game!
  11. Kalmaraa Active Member

Never managed to get a ethereal weapon, never likely to get one, and doing just fine.

Rock'n it like a Iksar Boss....yyyyeeeeeaaaahhhhh....
  12. PandaBear New Member

A week? Are you ******* kidding me? What if you get sick, like I have been with pneumonia....yup lets just screw you guys that pay us money......hard

They should stay in the game, just lower the drop rate
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

Chill out, weapons with etheral like effects or even better are confirmed to be widely accessible in the next campaign, expansion or whatever they call it now.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Why? We've already been told that BETTER STUFF is going to be dropping.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

That excuse doesn't really work when tryign to make something rare. This whole event people jsut argued in circles

Why are they so rare - because they are so powerful
    they are overpowered - better ones are coming out soon so dont worry
    If better more common ones are coming out why are they so rare? - because they are so powerful

etc etc

But hey botters made a few thou on player auctions so its all good
    Ruckus likes this.
  16. Ruckus Well-Known Member

It's like DBG's version of the hokey pokey, and we've been dancing to the same old song for over 10 years...and longer if you played EQ1.

Lots of things are coming soon(TM), like they was talk about a scout revamp back at the beginning of 2015. Nine months later, still nothing, and then we're told it will happen during the next expansion.

On top of the super are drops of uber weapons, I'm also sick and tired of the one rare shiny that never spawns, yet you see 3 of them up for sale for 8-10k on the broker that are being farmed by the botters. They're the same ones with all the eths for sale for 100-300k on the broker.
    Jrel and Neiloch like this.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Lowering the drop rate would end up making it 0 or a negative a number. :mad:
  18. Flamace Active Member

I'd just like to point out that isn't always the case. Our small guild of 8 sale shinys and the 5 ethereals we've gotten on the broker. We'd rather use the plat we get to buy krono's so we can all continue to play for free. Its not like we need the items to kill heroic content we are already clearing anyways...
  19. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Not always, but in this case, it is the case. They've been known on the server for quite awhile now, and are part of the 6 man crews that sell red gem raid gear in auction. If someone buys that red gem gear and gets an invite to the raid to loot the red gem pattern, there are only 7 characters in the zone. The 6 man bot crew and the buyer.
  20. Gramma Active Member

I ran into this again this week. I've been running around Mara to get a furniture recipe forever. But yesterday I devoted the entire six hours of game play to repeatedly picking up the shiny as soon as it spawned in the area. After six hours, I had loads of everything but page 5. I had to give up and go buy it from the broker for 23 plat because I don't want to spend another week endlessly circling the Nurwin house. The Nurwin family was getting nervous about me prowling through their property.
    Ruckus likes this.