Don't Miss This Summer's Ethereal Weapons Drops!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Ethereal weapons are dropping in-game now! These are unique level 100 items with powerful proc effects that are available as drops over the summer months.

[IMG]

Ethereals can be found as rare drops in the Altar of Malice and Rum Cellar Heroic dungeons off of the end bosses. Don’t worry if you don’t see the drop you’re looking for; these are Attuneable so players can trade (and sell/buy) Ethereal weapons between each other!

Different Weapons Each Wave

There will be fourteen new level 100 Ethereal weapons this summer! The first four are available now, and additional weapons will start dropping each month!
    • Thursday, July 9 – Wave 2 starts, Five New Ethereal Weapons
    • Thursday, August 6 – Wave 3 starts, Five New Ethereal Weapons
    • Thursday, August 20 – Wave 1 stops dropping
    • Thursday, September 17 – Wave 2 stops dropping
    • Thursday, October 15 - Wave 3 stops dropping
    *Each of these waves runs for a limited time!

We’d like to keep most of these a surprise until they start dropping in-game (although we had a preview of a few of them during this stream). Which Ethereal weapons have you seen in June, and which weapon archetype do you hope drops for you?
    Goreganis and Prissetta like this.
  2. Enigma Active Member

Drop rates are still too low :/
  3. alvane Member

OMGosh - that is really nice for those who have characters at 100 or just about to hit 100.

Unfortunately, none of my character are even close to 100. The closest is in a progression group that meets once a week for 2 hours as it has been for the past 5 years. I suspect we'll hit 100 and Malice of Alice sometime next year.

Too bad you don't offer things to those at lower levels. Oh, Well, maybe when my level 60 inquis finally gets to 100, the drops will still be occurring - maybe - /shrug

Still for those who race to the finish line - enjoy the weapons.
    santargria and Breezy like this.
  4. Thunuderfueler Member

I have 15 100 toons but don't do heroic dungeons so being 100 is not all it is cracked up to be cause folks like me still lose out.
    Charlice, Siren, Halanna and 4 others like this.
  5. Tirb New Member

If you dont want to miss out you could just start running heroics
    Goreganis and Neiloch like this.
  6. Edelphia Well-Known Member

You try running heroics on a server where getting a pug group is like going to a health food store and asking for lard! It just aint gonna happen. I have 5 level 100's and have been able to get in a total of 4 heroic zones. Others look at my gear and say "no way! We want to live in there" and kick me from the group.

This is the main reason I am disappointed with the AoM expansion and didn't bother with Rumcellar. WE NEED SERVER MERGES!
    Charlice, Tranquist and Brennin like this.
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The catch in those groups being, of course, that you need to run those instances to get the gear they want you to have. Sadly, I'm not sure even server mergers can correct the issue of gear snubbing.
    Moonpanther, Rawl and Kittybock like this.
  8. Longstocking New Member

Firstly thanks for the nice drops. :) +1
    I, however, do not have any level 100 toons.o_O Finding peeps to run heroics with is like mission impossible. (See comments above.)
    I get this feeling the maximum level toons get pandered to, guess you need to keep 'em happy.
    BUT, what about the gamer who just started, or has limited play time or "gasp" someone who is actually taking their time and attempting to enjoy the game and all it's nuances? How about throwing them a bone every so often?
    And, I know its early but I have a request, Santa Baby, can my level 60 have a flying mount like the big boys?
    I have been such a good girl.
  9. Jondalarx New Member

I feel the pain of being snubbed because of gear, and without the gear you cant get the gear. unless you are one of the fortunate few who belong to a raiding guild you either buy on broker the best you can afford or like most do without. 10 years ago we all helped each other after all its a game we are supposed to be having fun. Can't at least some of the mastercrafted gear be as good or better than the drops like t was in the beginning? or have some ethereal drops in advanced solo zones??
    Furrow likes this.
  10. hwy101 Active Member

Ok guys and gals let me try this again. For marketing and promoting EQ2 you should really hire someone who plays EQ2 at least 20+ hours a week.(Mandatory) You should check the resume to be sure that they have exp marketing your type of product. As with Rum Cellar. Limited to highest level toons,Difficult to PUG ect ect .These weapons are impossible for most players. Spend the time, effort and energy to appeal to everyone in game. Please.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Akathu Member

How about a priest 2hand ethereal in July or August, the1 hander looks nice but I enjoy my 2h on my warden and don't wanna go hunting for a second greater secondary cyan ;). Having said that, disco'd the tank ethereal on my sk today and its sexy thank you :D
  12. Natasha Member

I have loved eq2 and other games for years, it is a great addition to my life, but I don't want life to be a an addition to gaming, This is one of the reasons I am not sure that being encouraged to group for a set amount of time, not being able to move from ones seat and being tense in case you wipe a group is the best thing for future gaming. People have so many more options in their lives now with texts, Netflix, busy jobs and families that maybe the casual player is more the norm. The interest in Rum cellar will be short lived, once you have solved the problems why do again on another char? I can see grouping is the main idea of the game as why have different chars that can all contribute to the success of a quest, healer, tank, dps etc. and eq2 so far has done a great job of combining casual with group player, please don't upset that balance.
  13. Liou_Unrest Active Member

To everyone complaining they aren't level 100:

Luckily you have the ability to save up money, and buy these items for your character(s) when they get to 100. Assuming enough drop.

Also, these are awesome items but none of them are game breaking. You don't need them to be awesome they are mostly just for fun, and by no means required to even be considered "elite" -- everyone up to this point that perform did it without these items. They are a bonus and a little boost to the people lucky enough to snag one.

Frankly it's odd to me people who still aren't 100 are worried about the best-of-the-best, most rare drops in the game. Of course these aren't available to you, by definition they shouldn't be..
    Goreganis and Neiloch like this.
  14. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I think the concern about it is in that to play a level 100 is only one of many(probably the most common, I don't know) playstyles - and therefore these ethereal weapons only target that particular mode.
    Personally, I am not worried about them - I will never get one (unless for some reason I buy one) as I don't have any intention of doing lvl 100 heroics. What I am concerned about is future game development focussing TOTALLY on that lvl 100 stuff.
  15. hwy101 Active Member

Strange that there is no dislike feature as well o_O
  16. Flaming Pumpkin New Member

Ethereals can be found as rare drops in the Altar of Malice and Rum Cellar Heroic dungeons off of the end bosses. Don’t worry if you don’t see the drop you’re looking for; these are Attuneable so players can trade (and sell/buy) Ethereal weapons between each other!

Well the rich get richer :confused:
  17. chattie Well-Known Member

Yay! Hope I loot one this year, of course, it's still great fun to watch the excitement of my friends if and when they loot one. Thanks!
  18. ladycrista New Member

holy crap I didn't realize how many whiners there are on this game.. lmao.. go play candy crush...
    Goreganis likes this.
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ethereal drop rates are STILL too low. Cmon Daybreak, are you going to give us ethereals or not?
    Karsa likes this.
  20. BoomBoom New Member

As much as I would want these items I am glad that leveling in EQ2 is not as insane as WOW or other MMOs. End game should not be where everyone wants to go. Are Devs and players alike ever going to want a game where the whole world at every level is relevant? Might as well make a game that starts at 1 level and change the whole system altogether with no leveling at all if all there is going to be support for is top tier and fam fare for end game stuff. I love EQ2 but MMOs in general need to be rethought if they are going to last and attract many quality people. I could say a lot more but I won't. Nice weapons by the way. Grats to anyone who can get them now. I am sure the devs will do this again so everyone will have a chance at cool stuff I am sure.
    Rynda, Natasha and Kittybock like this.