Don't Miss the Prestige Home Player Poll!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Bebechen New Member

Isle of Mara would be a wonderful edition for a prestige home!
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was a little shocked when I saw the choices. I thought that we would be given a chance to vote again for the old towns. I also thought that if it wouldn't be the old towns that we could pick from places like Village of Shin or Brokenskull Bay (much smaller version of it). Being able to vote between these choices would be awesome except I would have to really think and maybe flip a coin to pick between Brokenskull Bay and Village of Shin.

Void Palace...the screen shot looks the LoN house we can win....is it meant to be the actual tower that we cannot access in the LoN house? The Vigilant Airship....I thought we were going to be getting this one for sure...swear it was mentioned in one of the Everquest 2 Live panel thingies when they talked about what items were going to be added to Loyalty Merchant.

Can we pick an option for other on the poll and add our own idea of what we want as a house? I also agree with the person saying we need a wintery zone that we can build on....flat spots below mountains and spot on the mountain to build without losing a view of below.
  3. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Mara!
    Though I would love Highhold as Guild Hall with the yard intact and all the rooms, please.
    The Void thingy? We already have that *yawn*
    SierraDawn, Mizgamer62 and luminosa like this.
  4. Niniena New Member

Broken Skull Bay, please!!!
    SierraDawn likes this.
  5. Bruce The Original Member

Skyshrine Capitol - It looks really interesting, though lots of the sculptural stuff might have to go away to actually build a house out of it, unless there are house-like interior structures in the two side buildings. Having interior access to those would make it interesting.

Klak'Anon - If there are an inordinate number of hidden tunnels, or other cool space expansions, that could be interesting. I'd honestly love it if there were some kind of window to some kind of outside world, just because houses with no windows feel confining.

Highhold Keep - For me, this one depends upon how much interior we get. The courtyards are really cool, and if the interior is based off the instance, that could also be really cool. That's a ton of space to deco all the way around.

Void Temple - Could we get official SoE clarification if this one is going to be different in some way from the Dimensional Pocket?

The Vigilant - Probably the most excited about this one, but I think it would depend upon how much of the Vigilant we get access to. So many zones making up that one ship, and each one has some really cool rooms and charms. Plus, the transport tubes and everything. Lots of possibilities, but I'd love to get official word as to what exactly this one will contain.

As always, Developers, thank you for giving us some ideas to play around with!
  6. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Voted for Highkeep. :)

But the Void Palace, it would be too similar to the LoN house, so I really hope that doesn't win.
  7. Kurisutaru Active Member

I'll start by saying, loving the idea of the Highhold Keep, that's the one I'll be voting for! That been said, being able to go inside the buildings in any Prestige Home that has them as part of the "package" is a plus and the only reason I would buy them. I was both excited and a bit let down when the Isle of Refuge was released as a PH. I loved that I could go back any time I wanted but kinda let down that we didn't have access to the inside of the buildings, the Tree House most of all.. :( So yes, I really want to ask this is taken into consideration. Both for future Prestige Home and ones we already have. Revisiting the idea and actually allowing us access to these ones would be great! ;)
  8. luminosa Active Member

The Dimensional Pocket is great as well- but take it out of the poll and just give it to us... A lot of players, including myself already have it through LON- don't pretend like it's not already an option.

Castle Highhold gets my vote.. Wish that one could be a GUILD HALL though. It's High Keep, but with an outdoor area.

Afista- please listen to the players and pass it along- a lot of us like the Isle of Mara!
    <3 to the most awesome decorator /genuflect
  9. firestorck Member

Kinda a waste if two things happen. You have the grounds. But not the main building to be in. There are doors in your real estate inside the building. But you are not able to access the 'area' behind the 'door'. Like in the one that is based off the Blades' place in Maj'dul.
    Hard for me, since I have not been in either Skyshrine nor HHK. But from the outside, it is a toughie.
    Belenos likes this.
  10. luminosa Active Member

Oh. I would also buy a restored version of the Spider Bear Island for the view from the Three Sisters and the waterfalls.
    Liltae likes this.
  11. Hexenbiest New Member

i kinda like all of them. its really hard to choose lol
  12. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Greetings Everyone,

The poll is to see which housing theme you'd like to see available. Specific details about any of these potential houses are not finalized yet. It takes quite a bit of additional work to take a zone and integrate parts of it into an instance that can be used for housing. Some areas of these instances may or may not be able to be included in a prestige house adaptation of the zone.
    The goal is always to include as much as possible in these prestige homes that are modeled after existing areas, but a housing instance must still be kept within certain limits to maintain performance and playability.

The only exception here is the Void Palace, which would essentially be another way to obtain the Dimensional Pocket home.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on what you'd like to see included in your desired home though! Also, the Isle of Mara themed home requests are noted! :)
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the zone for the fairy ring events that is located in Greater Faydark. I think that would be really nice.
    Finora likes this.
  14. Daray Well-Known Member

I half expected Highhold to be turned into a guild hall option at some point.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'd love Mara, but if all the buildings are going to be there with some not accessible and props in the houses we can go in already there I don't see the point. I'd love a place that is basically bare bones as far as inside decorations and must include an outside area. I'd also love to see item counts go up especially for the massive prestige homes. I have the grotto, but in order to do what I want there with any type of detail included I wouldn't be able to do it with the current item and block counts. :D
    cellinaire likes this.
  16. shazar New Member

i have been hoping for a long time you will release the prestige home that is only available from the LON cards, the planetary astronomy one
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Shiba Active Member

I'm with Wenjii
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

Have to go with the Vigilant. The style in the rooms and corridors is spectacular, and it's actually a home we can decorate inside of, as well as potentially having a few open areas to build in. That's a much more appealing home imo than one with no rooms but what we build ourselves.

Gears of Klak'Anon isn't a bad option either, and is definitely my number 2 choice. Wouldn't be too hard to fill in some holes and block off some ways to create rooms here for a nice tinkered home.

Void Palace - eh. Already have the LON home, so don't see the point of this.
    Highhold - it's just too big. The courtyard is too big. All the wall corridors are too big. The interior of the castle is too big. Even the rooms are massive! Just don't see a way to effectively use all that space, and I hate seeing half decorated homes because either people run out of item count or run out of ideas.
    Skyshrine - I love Skyshrine, I do, but there just isn't enough flat space to build. Too many raised sections, or bits sticking off the wall, etc. Plus, even if you build a house there, it'd look... out of place. I'd love a Skyshrine house that was build upwards. Have a courtyard at the bottom like this home does (only smaller!) and then have multiple levels we have to fly up to that have doors leading into rooms that combine to form a house. That's the way Skyshrine is set up for the Droags; you can see doors up in the walls that obviously they fly up to. Make it happen!

But for the choices presented - definitely Vigilant.
  19. Nella Member

I too would love to see an Isle of Mara prestige home. I also love the Hua Mein Village, but was really disappointed to find you cannot fly in it ...its such a large outdoor space, would make sense to have flying enabled. I'd definitely buy one if I could fly in it. I have also wanted Baubleshire brought back since it was removed, would be happy if the regular zone returned, or was added as prestige ...either way.

-Nella
    Rynda, Mizgamer62 and Galarian like this.
  20. Kruggan New Member

Highhold - I voted for this one and have been hoping it would be made into either a Prestige Home or Guild Hall (that doesn't require an insane amount of tokens/marks to get vis-a-vis the current Highhold guild hall that few have).

I would agree however that the interior must be available for decoration - the outside isn't enough. Yes the outside is massive, but considering the size of other homes, it shouldn't be that difficult I'd think to put some meaningful interior to the castle.