Don't Miss the Prestige Home Player Poll!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

As a Wood Elf who started in WW, I'm NOT going to argue against this statement! Hey, I didn't vote for Oakmyst ;) *eyeballs the rest of the community*
  2. Thetmes Active Member

/feedback GH options for T1 halls in TD, Ner, NH and Kel please
  3. Taffeta Member

I want Onerock Isle in the Sinking Sands. It would be great if Pirate's Perch was included, too. Other than that, The Baubleshire :)
  4. Taffeta Member

Oh, or the Living Tombs! If not the whole zone then maybe just the Trade Court and/or the Residence Court. But the main buildings in either one would have to be enterable, of course :)
  5. Lera Well-Known Member

I voted for the Void Palace, but what I really want as a prestige house is the old Frostfell Wonderland Village.
  6. Shiba Active Member

The one thing in a Prestige home that would make me fork over the Station Cash I've been hoarding is accessibility from any city. Last night I tried to buy something from someone's Planetarium, and realized I was playing a free account and couldn't. So I logged in my paid account and tried to get to the Planetarium, but it was in Freeport and I had logged on a good toon.

(So then I logged on an evil toon but when I got there, I realized I left my wallet at home. I had to use Loyalty points to buy a bag of plat so that I wouldn't have to do any more goshdarn zoning.:mad: )

I'm with whomever said keep it simple. Design one like the free homes, only bigger, and let us choose between different wall, ceiling and floor patterns. Maybe let us pick a yard (leafy, jungley, creepy, snowy, sandy, something like that).

But if we have to pick a specific zone, wouldn't Lavastorm be a little different? Just gives us the beach and the area after the tunnel maybe? I wouldn't buy it; I'm just trying to think outside the box. The poll box.
    Arianrod likes this.
  7. Shiba Active Member

I was just running up to the Coalition of Tradesfolke (or whatever) in Freeport, and I thought, "Wouldn't that make a nice house?"
    Arianrod likes this.
  8. Shiba Active Member

Get rid of the sign, wall up the front so that area can be a living room or foyer, put it in different surroundings, give it a basement (and/or attic maybe), and I'd buy it. I love the little pools out front.[IMG]
    NrthnStar5 and Arianrod like this.
  9. Arianrod New Member

What about that temple in GFay behind where the City Festival is? Make one of those circles inside an elevator to a 2nd floor, and that's a cute little place.
    Shiba likes this.
  10. Shiba Active Member

Do you mean this one? I think it's a great idea!

Outside

[IMG]

Inside

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Zelkie New Member

Ok, so I've just recently headed over to Barren Sky for the first time. I love the Treasury of Claw buildings and the Palace of the Awakened. Why can't we get beautiful homes like that, but a smaller version? With an outdoor area.

Or The Shard of Love zone for the Erollisi Day quest? I would love that too provided the inside of the building was useable as a house.

I'm not into these huge houses, houses with no outside area, or dark foreboding houses.

The last property I bought is Hua Mein, and while it's ok I'm not very talented at building from scratch. I do like the outdoor properties but why does it never get dark? There's no day/night cycle yet I there is in the Oakmyst Glade property.
    Shiba likes this.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Number one reason I am not interested in the Court of the Master is that humongous tease of a building that has zero access in the middle.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  13. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Highhold Keep is the one I would buy its lovely and elegant.
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. Wanderingbat Active Member

LMAO!! I'm sorry. But this totally cracked me up. :p
  15. Wanderingbat Active Member

I suppose I will add my voice to the dozens crying out for Isle of Mara. The "none of the above" vote on my polling card was definitely because this was not added as a choice. I understand there are challenges to turning any area into a livable space , but come on. Mara is a simple peaceful area. Surely we could get this, no?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  16. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The Isle of Mara would be okay in my book, depending on whether there were existing structures. I've always loved the Sky and have one of those Islands--I have built many things on, but never published it. That said, the reason that I love that Island: it is a clean slate...nothing to compete with what you want to do (mine needs a total redo, but still fun to decorate). Currently, working on the Ethernere Enclave I could not quite decide what to do with. Why?? The huge vines/ flowers in the middle of the building area divide the space and dominate the eye.

Personally, I voted for the Vigilant ;) I even have most of the House actors in the breakout I published recently named from Firefly, just for fun, lol. They'd transition nicely to an airship...I can envision an EQ2 version of the Serenity. That'd be...Shiny!!

Kitty
    Annie likes this.
  17. Wanderingbat Active Member

A Kitty after my own nerdist heart! LOVE my Firefly and of course Capt Tight Pants. lol Totally off topic.
    Kittybock likes this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

There is no day/night cycle in the zone the Hua Mein retreat is based on.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Just for future reference, you can access evil homes on good characters. You just need to zone into the city area where the housing is (any of freeport for example) and then open up the housing window. You can access it from there with no problem. It takes a little more effort but it is totally doable.

This is not saying that it wouldn't be more convenient if they were all accessible from any city but I'm sure there's some reason they don't have it working that way.
    Shiba likes this.
  20. Kruggan New Member

Was a decision ever made on what the next Prestige Home would be? I'm still rooting for Highhold Keep!
    SierraDawn and Kittybock like this.