Don't Miss the Prestige Home Player Poll!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Wellknownmember Active Member

Well I totally expect High keep to win, but I did vote for the Void house, since I've been getting the cards that may contain it over and over for two years now... getting as many of those as possible. Love the Dimentional Portal. But nobody can ever find it, LOL. The broker munges the name up enough that people don't know what to look for. Not a great sales house, or it would be, if it were clear on the broker. Other than that, I love it. Nicest sky ever. Two of my toons have it and I am deciding where the third goes. Being able to buy it would be awesome.

My second favorite house is the Planetarium, I do hope that the lower price doesn't mean it will be removed. I would seriously cry. I have a sky fixation.
    Belenos likes this.
  2. Levatino Active Member

Out of the list Highhold Keep, but I really like the suggestion of Isle of Mara
    Wanderingbat and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

LoN Loot cards can be sold on the broker? How can I buy loot cards from the broker?
  4. Wellknownmember Active Member

No I mean, you can't use the house effectively as a sales house, people can't find it.

However, if you BUY card packs, then you can trade the loot card if you happen to get one. If the card was a gift (5 free packs), then you can't trade it. At least, in theory, I haven't tried it myself.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

This, right here! Except I would flip #2 and #3 in that order. As for the castle, there does need to be interior access or I wouldn't bother purchasing it anymore than many others have posted in this thread.

As for those houses listed, the Highhold Keep would be my first choice...again, only if you can also access the inside of the castle, as that's my favorite part of the castle. Second choice would have to be the Vigilant, just because I love how it's set up, and again would want access to the dining and freezer area of the ship, as well as access to at least one 'outdoor' area. Skyshrine would be cool, but only if it's got some reasonable building space in it.

I also tend to agree with many others here, that some smaller homes would be nice as well. After my work decorating the Kromzek Keep and realizing just how vastly large that place was and I used up every single item/building block space and still wasn't done, but due to rendering issues I think to add the ability to increase the item counts any further could put a strain on people's graphics cards, I think some smaller homes are in order.

My computer has, what I would consider a pretty decent graphics card in it, and if it has rendering issues then I imagine people with not so good graphics cards would have a lot of trouble just trying to visit and view my home, and would probably give up without touring it completely. I want people to visit and tour my homes, the way I visit and tour theirs, else what's the point of working so hard to be creative and decorating these homes?

All I know, is for future projects, I intend to block off whole areas of these larger prestige homes and only decorate a certain area of space in them. This generally would entail a full or at least partial re-skinning of the homes so you wouldn't realize that those areas even exist as you walk through the home.

I would actually love if there were a prestige home with a totally blank slate, so we could completely transform the place into something of our own creation, but I also do like the idea of being able to purchase pre-fab homes that can be plopped down on a property, should we so choose, as well. All these things have been suggested in this thread, and I do hope note has been taken on all of them, by SOE, as they are definitely things I would like to see in the future. As for homes that do become available, I prefer that no pre-existing furniture or decor be in place, though I don't mind the occasional tree's and bushes in some of them. I want to place my own furniture and decor, where I want it to be placed, and it is a real deterrent to deciding to purchase a home, if those items are already in place. Although I did purchase one Isle of Refuge on my secondary account, it was for my granddaughter who wanted a large outdoor area to decorate and put all those dinosaurs on. I have not purchased it for myself, for the very fact that the tower and orc cave and dock house, etc, already have furniture and decor in place. It's still another three or four years down the road before I'd get this home as a vet reward, and I'd love to have it sooner, but refuse to purchase it for this reason. I hope that SOE will take this into consideration as they create new prestige homes for us as well.

I think, also, that all outdoor type prestige homes should be fly zones, regardless of size.
  6. beagley Well-Known Member

Nope! Kander addressed this point on one of the Eq2Talk podcasts (where are they now?) and stated that although the poll invite goes to every alt on your account, its only the first one that you respond on per account that counts.

Personally I'd rather that they did a once per account poll, rather than spam every single toon on the account. It gets very annoying responding to them especially when you know it doesn't actually count for the other x-y alts on the account
    Shiba, Merriel, Prrasha and 2 others like this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I vote for the Isle of Mara as the next prestige home! I absolutely love that zone. It has so much character. Every time I go there the music and the ambiance of the zone make me feel so at peace and dreamy. I want the whole zone, but I especially love the little house with the tree growing through it and the little gazebo by the pond with the bridge. *Crossing Fingers* :)
    Wanderingbat and Merriel like this.
  8. Zyxia Active Member

Contrary to others' opinions - I totally love the big areas where my imagination can run riot with building things, and planting trees and bushes and flowers and making rivers. I love to decorate :)) So my favourite of all time is Isle of Refuge. I also love Hua Mein, but am sad that you cannot access the top of the cliffs because it is a no-fly island. My biggest disappointment was Kromzek. Tried to build up inside it - to make more floors - but it didn't seem to allow me to do that. Pity - because it looks so interesting up there. My biggest gripe is continually falling off the ramp, despite the rocks and bushes i have planted along the side of it . When it comes to preferences, then NUMBER ONE is Isle of Mara with the cave and area behind the waterfall included. However - my biggest biggest humungus disappointment was when I saved up for SNOWY DWELLING and found it was no longer available to buy - SNIFF I had such plans - awwww. It seems to be very popular as a lot of people have bought it. Do I have to wait until the next Frostfell to get it? Just want to thank SOE for all the really nice places we can purchase :)) Please, could we have the availability to fly in all our homes that we buy?
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

Here's a little something for your "sky fixation," which I have as well!
    [IMG]
    This is Qur'xa, the original starting area for the Kurashasa (cat people) of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. It had been closed off for a long time, so a lot of people never got to see it. A few of us used a common problem in Vanguard (falling through the world) to get there though, as it was physically under the town of Lomshir!
  10. Belenos Well-Known Member

Found a better one:
    [IMG]
  11. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if the #$%$# poll didn't automatically pop up for everyone when you're just trying to delete the mail message.

The mail itself has a "take poll" button to open the window. So why does the poll window have to auto-pop when you open the mail message? And why does the "close window" (escape) key not get rid of it, so I have to mouse over and hit the "X"? Once per alt, when only 1 vote counts...

The poll system is totally the dinnertime-telemarketer-call of EQ2.
    Shiba and GrunEQ like this.
  12. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

OMG I've wanted Highhold since I first went in - so long as we get the whole zone inside and out.

/crosses fingers

I would also like to add my support for the Isle of Mara - I'd buy that in a heartbeat - again so long as we can get into all the buildings.
    AND I would love to be able to buy Temple Street (with building access & working doors), where Pips grew up back in 2004 - I miss it.
    Merriel likes this.
  13. Stardrama Member

Code:
    how many base items are available to start with
    This has always been an issue for me on the prestige homes. They are so massive that even with the expansion keys it's hard to decorate, especially if you start from scratch with no building what-so-ever. I usually wind up walling half of it off and make the space left really special. The Galleon was the prestige house I had the most fun with. If the airship is anything like that, it might be fun?
    Merriel likes this.
  14. Stardrama Member

Code:
    I'd be happy if the #$%$# poll didn't automatically pop up for everyone when you're just trying to delete the mail message.

Don't have your alts vote then. Just leave the mail unread in their mailboxes.
  15. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Sure thing. Do you have a way to not have the "new mail" icon up for this mail? (Not to remove it forever, since if I get a real new mail, I want to know about it... just remove it for any polls.)

If you don't, then you haven't solved the problem...
    Shiba likes this.
  16. Wolfess Member

I was not going to comment, but I have to. Frankly I'm not one bit excited about the alternatives put forth this time. I feel It's getting harder and ever so frustrating for someone like me who loves decorating and being creative, to make these places look cool and livable. It's getting a bit too out there and fantasy for my liking. What's wrong with giving us a decent choice of houses/manors/cabins/estates with 5-10 rooms AND a nice spot of land to plant down what we want in? Personally I like Uncanny Estate, but it lacks a yard. Most places like Mistmoor, Darklight palace etc are just too huge and so inpractical. I'd like to see square rooms and doorways you can slot doors into and spiral staircases would be good. I've used tons of sc to buy prestige houses, but eventually end up living in "livable" houses (SQ, Freeport, Neriak & Halas). I agree that Isle of Mara sounds most tempting, but even that is a huge area ... Argh! It would be fantastic to be able to buy a prestige house + yard and be able to choose walls, floors and ceiling materials from the in game options! I'd be willing to play sc or game money for that!
  17. Thetmes Active Member

Not real excited about this either. I would much rather see revamped GH options for the T1 halls in Ner, NH, Kel and TD to actually look like they belong there. Or the ability to use a prestige house or any house avail lay out as a GH. Charge some SC for the houses there to have it loaded as an option then keep the GH rent and status upkeep the same or even up it a bit if need be but options for the GH is needed more than more housing imo.
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

Why isn't Willow Wood on the list. I wonder that. :oops: I am disappoint. :(
  19. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Oakmyst Forest, Forest Ruins, The Baubleshire, and The Willow Wood were on the last prestige home poll. (Oakmyst won) They're changing up the choices and style places this time :)
  20. Charlice Well-Known Member

Willow Wood should be on every poll until it wins. :rolleyes:
    SierraDawn and Kurisutaru like this.