DLGamer run out of keys - Moderator Assistance Please

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-snowline, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

IIII'm BAAAACK! Is everyone happier now? Just a wee bit?
  2. ARCHIVED-Soulstriken Guest

Well, no Key here from DLGamer. It's 22:12, I've been waiting all day for this, and it has thoroughly annoyed me.
    I am getting nothing from DLGamer, yet they have my money. I would try Steam, but then I could end up with 2 keys, and I presume there is no refund for something like this. I was quite willing to pay to get on the Exp areas early - in fact I HAVE paid - but I've already lost one day, with no sign of access. I just hope things improve tomorrow. The whole thing has been a disaster, and one that could surely have been avoided with a bit of pre-planning.

Oh well, no point worrying - because the Server is still not working anyway :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Nikadaimon Guest

Shareana wrote:
    yeaaaaah!.. but we're all to busy exploring the great new content to give our thx to Kiara for sorting it out ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Nikadaimon wrote:
    OOOH! Does this mean that I can play now too?
    /runs off to look ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Darkelfelin Guest

Shareana wrote:
    Wayyyyy more happier!

Thanks for your help dear mods, and as an EU player I'm glad the server are already up and not having to wait until tomorrowas previously announced!

Good job handling the moaners too :D
    I just hope you will remember of that "different way of pushing datas to international servers" for next time ;)
    I guess WW discoveries are now 90% done for US players as usual! Not funny! :p
  6. ARCHIVED-rwiz Guest

Shareana wrote:
    I have finally got the Key, THX !
  7. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

what a fiasco this was, dlgamer out direct2drive in, cancelled my order with dlgamer they sent me the serial after I cancelled, but theyre gonna refund the money i spent on their mess.
    Direct2drive gave me the serial directly so that's cool, I still stand by what I said earlier tho, a messy launch for non US customers indeed.
    Hope people learned from this failure.
  8. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Just read this whole thread. Situation normal then?
    Rule 1 is to never buy on release day or pre-order. Just get it after everything has crashed or fallen over and been sorted out. Works like a charm for me. I usually leave it two to three weeks. EU players just have to accept they will never get WW 1sts ;)
    They need euro firsts. Forget the ww firsts entirely. Just have US and Euro firsts instead.
  9. ARCHIVED-XAvengerX Guest

The 7 day early access seems to have been no more than a unnecessary marketing gimmick, but thats not the only issue that irks me about this new "expansion."
    The other thing is, that expansions seems to be almost doubling in price. By that I mean that last year I ordered The "Shadow Odyssey All in One" from DLGamer and it only cost me £16.99, but now all of a sudden Sentinels Fate is £29.99.
    And before you ask, I have bought every expansion from Kindom of Sky upwards as they were released.
    Are we being somewhat ripped off just for the purchase of a CD key via email, considering there is no extra costs involved in packaging and postage or duplication of CD/DVD media? How is it any different to buying through Station Store?
    I thought Digital Download was supposed to be cheaper, not the same price as the retail box.
    I refuse to pay £29.99 just for a Sentinels Fate CD key to put in the account section.
  10. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Daig@Butcherblock wrote:
    In the same boat for me this xpac is far too expensive in buying all the expansions to date i've not paid more than £20-ish (the dearest one was bought direct from ubisoft for DOF) compared to what i normally pay i.e £17 this is a hell of a big increase in price and one i just cant justify tbh so i'll wait it out and buy when the price drops in a couple of months,my wife isnt as patient as me and is going to buy it next week and thats up to her but for me i've passed so far on SF ;/
  11. ARCHIVED-armatinez Guest

In the same boat for me this xpac is far too expensive in buying all the expansions to date i've not paid more than £20-ish (the dearest one was bought direct from ubisoft for DOF) compared to what i normally pay i.e £17 this is a hell of a big increase in price and one i just cant justify tbh so i'll wait it out and buy when the price drops in a couple of months,my wife isnt as patient as me and is going to buy it next week and thats up to her but for me i've passed so far on SF ;/
    To pay a bit less, just search reduction coupon over the internet, it's working. Just follow the link above, you will find one of them
    Redeem coupon french website .
    http://www.ma-reduc.com/bon-reducti...00c542b33.phpLe

Le code est = your reedem coupon number
    lancer le site = go dlgamer
  12. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

You can't just call up walmart and say, "HEY GUYS! I have a new expansion coming out for our game, I am sending you 1000 copies, stick on the shelves for me okay?"

There has to be incentive for them to make space (read reducing shelf space for OTHER games) for your game. Why is anyong going to go to the retail outlets to buy the expansion if they can get the exact same product via DD?

No, people wouldn't go retail for the most part. So in order to get shelf and inventory space for SF in retail stores you have to create incentives to go there.
    Thus you have CE mounts, "Preorder" early access, etc. for the retail and not the DD.
    Will that change? Nope. A retail store is not going to carry something that wont sell if they can help it.

Now think...internationally...all those issues trying to get it on US shelves...multiply that by 100. Internationally, it is a complete quagmire (Giggity) of red tape and what not.

It is easy to blame SOE on this. But....likely...it is not entirely correct to lay all the blame at their feet. Some countries, I won't name any, are almost impossible to deal with in these instances.
    I ship vehicles overseas for some of my customers. I know a little bit about trying to do business internationally, maybe I don't sell video games...but if I have to go through hoops to get a big rig into Germany...or Africa...or wherever...I can only imagine that when a company of SOE's size and percieved wealth wants to sell something overseas...people's eyes glaze over trying to decide how to get the most money from SOE.
    I have had to "grease" official palms to get things done...or to get vehicles released from being held by the state. I hate doing business outside the US.

Okay I rambled enough:p