DLGamer run out of keys - Moderator Assistance Please

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-snowline, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

Latest statement from DLGamer is they've run out of activation keys to send out, and hope to get another shipment from SoE.

No keys have yet been sent out for even 1 of our accounts, so it's probably going to be affecting plenty of people. It was annoying to have to deal with another company and get them to take the money (but at least their site could eventually process the order unlike D2D), now it's possibly going to be annoying to get the product from them but they've already taken the money.

Seeing as SoE Marketing / Distribution folks are too important to converse with any of their customers, have zero forum prescence, and there is no known way of contacting them, is there any chance of enlisting a moderator to try findout if they're actually aware (or care) about this, and could get DLGamer some more keys please?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I've heard that... I've sent the appropriate email and someone should be in the office soon who can answer that for me.
    As soon as I know, I'll post and update you guys :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Asking about it now.... hold please

Err nm.. Kiara beat me to it! and here I was about to cue the cheesy elevator music!
  4. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

Thanks Kiara, all help appreciated.
  5. ARCHIVED-lenlin Guest

Ran out of elevator music :p Any word on this?
    We have 3 orders with DL gamer and now it says they cant be delivered for another 4 1/2 hours. Thought the idea behind the preorder was to get a head start?
  6. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

DLgamer have now offered me a refund on the keys I have not received.
    It is not possible to order through the D2D site for some reason
    Steam is not showing the expansion for sale in any form

Where do us customers go to spend our money now?
  7. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

They are currently saying they will be able to send more keys in 4.5 hours an that they are waiting on YOU. Thats really dissapointing, in fact almost unbelievable.
    Nice.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aarionn Guest

I odered from D2D an hour ago and I got key immediatelly.

Check your account to see whether you have specified your address.

Best,
    Aarionn
  9. ARCHIVED-VerkMahdison Guest

I confirm- Direct2Drive is unusable and will not process payments. Steam doesnt even LIST Sentinels Fate and DLGamer are saying that keys will be available on the EIGHTEENTH.
  10. ARCHIVED-lenlin Guest

Onuris@Splitpaw wrote:
    D2D Seems to have issues with their IP blocks and are currently not allowing everyone in Europe to order so the only other option was DLGamer which are now out of keys.
    We are from Norway and can not order from D2D due to ip restrictions.
  11. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

What a mess.
    I don't get how DLgamer can be out of stock when the orders were placed days ago. I also see the 'more keys coming in 4.5 hours' from DLgamer, yet who knows how many and who will get them?
    Meanwhile US players can't get enough retail boxes.
    And this distribution plan was meant to get more sales? Hmmm :)
    Sort it out ladies!
  12. ARCHIVED-Silverfrag Guest

Same here, preordered from DLgamer, following official SOE links on preorder thing.So what is the interest of preorder a digital copy?
    The main interest is to be able to play at launch!with that 4:30 hours due to SOE fault we won't be able to run SF as soon servers are up.You couldn't anticipate that?I can't believe...Nowaday in Europe it's really difficult to get some EQ2 stuff on physical storage.We pay more(less cost than a boxed edition)for the same thing as a (lucky) guy that go to a store near home the Day D..., and we ll play after him.Nice!
    This "funny thing"reminds me of my experience with Age of Conan Collector preorder, I received The big box one week later than the Day D(boxes were in stores near home on Day D ack), even if I had a key , I had to wait retail box to get my preorder bonuses, that were for most of them useless, due to the level I had when received the box...=>I couldn't caution this from Funcom, but I couldn't imagine this from SOE, which sells MMO since EQ(1999 remember me), and digital deliveries were already possible before EQ2 launch...
    Not to be rude, but at least respect your customers
  13. ARCHIVED-Shoushin Guest

cute stuff. i was waiting till today to preorder cos i was trying for the giveaway keys. D2D would keep failing on order processing, and this DLgamer message is a joke... we should have gotten our keys by now to be able to download anything thats left (if there is any) instead of getting the keys at 4pm - 6pm. i hope soe can sort this out with these ppl. :/
    tbh i still do not get it why couldnt soe handle this themselves, instead of depending on 3rd parties.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

We're working on the DL Gamer thing.
    I've checked on Steam, they will be up and ready to go in about 40 minutes (their office opens at 8am PST).
  15. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

VerkMahdison wrote:
    Yes, exactly the same for me. What a joke.
  16. ARCHIVED-lenlin Guest

Fingers crossed then.
    I just realised the digital download for europe costs almost as much as the retail Collectors edition in the United States. And more then the retail box version. Yet it doesnt include the collectors edition mount.
    Curious as to why we would have to pay more when there isnt even any box production costs or shipping involved? And get less in return.
  17. ARCHIVED-Wyswing Guest

Its seems that DL Gamer website is still saying it will be 4.5 hours until the next shipment of activation keys, anyone know how long that message has been actually up on the DL Gamer website?
  18. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

Thanks Kiara.
    I know a load of people who spent most of yesterday mindlessly running shard instances to get shard quests to turn in for XP once the servers come up (I ran 15 zones, many did more). They'll not be happy if the keys aren't forthcoming and those time-limited quests expire (some time on 17th presumably).
  19. ARCHIVED-kitty_x Guest

Happily got my key for my main account from D2D first thing this morning (UK customer), but it wouldn't let me place another order - i have 5 accounts !! so ordered a key for my 2nd account )that i plan to play from launch) from DL Gamer .. wow ! not enough keys to go around absolutely crazy
    think you guys serious underestimated the number of players outside of the US !
    Hope this gets sorted soon x
  20. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Thats assuming nothing goes wrong.

I hope STEAM was allocated enough access keys/codes, as if other sites are running out, it could be a problem.