Desert of Flames Voting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruallin Ebonhammer, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Einzelhaft Narynn New Member

See, folks? The vote passed, with the required supermajority. Shocking!
  2. GBlack Active Member

When it will be rolled out?
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I never said it couldn't pass on 2/3s, but 2/3s is still a dumb requirement
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  4. Einzelhaft Narynn New Member

In your opinion. =)
  5. Givin Active Member

Make sure all you people with stupid "vote no" forum sigs update them to reflect that you lost please.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

in any logical opinion.
    it 1. Doesn't always let the majority choose
    2. is highly hard to pass since getting 2/3s of people to agree on any topic is hard.

I secretly think it vote was no, but Holly said it was yes cause they do their own thing.
    you know there is a forum that only like 20 people, plus the GMs can see and they talk about TLE?
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

is there a non-live version of the live stream. i clicked it off for a minute and missed the announcement. even though ppl are saying... i still want to hear what they said
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

they put it on youtube orsomething, but give it an hour to get there
    Eradani likes this.
  9. GBlack Active Member

Any DoF details revealed? Like itemisation and stuff?
  10. Einzelhaft Narynn New Member

It's clearly so hard to pass; it took two votes and two months to get an expansion that was released nearly a year after the initial game. And stating that your opinion is "any logical opinion" is simple arrogance. There are perfectly valid and logical arguments on both sides.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

you can just link most DoF stuff to the server to see they did fix stats on nearly all raid loot anyway. group stuff idk.
    since no new stats are coming in DoF I think it's set.

They claimed mobs will be harder than they were in vanilla, guess we will find out
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

if you think it's not hard to get 2/3s to agree on something, just get 20 people together and ask them where they want to eat for dinner, but 2/3s have to agree on the place.

I will say it's amusing to see the people that voted no are now the angry ones, even though they are now the "minority"
    Einzelhaft Narynn likes this.
  13. GBlack Active Member

So the casters will still suck with zero imortant stats and melee will be owning with tons of dps/haste like they do it atm?
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

yes, the scouts should rise far above mages in DOF since melee stats will be even higher but mages shouldn't have casting speed still, Except for spells that give it (such as death march) which will be open in DoF I believe
  15. GBlack Active Member

Too bad. I had a hope they will fix it at least a little :(
  16. Einzelhaft Narynn New Member

This is the most amusing example; thanks for that! ;) (Seriously; it's funny, and we need some funny!) ;)

And while I voted "no," I'm not angry, nor even distressed. I'm simply annoyed at all the whiners who think the system is unfair. =) I'd have voted "yes" next time.

Eventually, most "no" voters will become "yes" voters. And those who transition from "no" to "yes" are not the ones who are on here screaming "2/3 is unfair!!" The ones screaming that are the folks who zip to cap, bypass most of the actual game content, and then ***** when they "have nothing left to do."
    Eradani likes this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

never said you were angry, sorry if you got that, I am just sitting back watching General chat is all.
    there are some childs on both sides (Charms) but yea.
  18. Chocoholic Active Member

No forum sig here - although I'm a little disappointed but I'll get over it quickly. Would have liked one more month (3 months total after launch before first expansion) since we can never go back. But I respect the process and I'm really quite happy for those who voted yes. On to DoF it is!!
  19. Blaupunkt Active Member

Despite the vote passing I feel the need to reply to you.

There is a vast difference between voicing ones concerns about the 2/3 voting system and the total drivel being posted by quite a few of the people on these forums, maybe take some of your own advice, "do you hear YOUR self?" I some how doubt it.
  20. GBlack Active Member

There was no way to get 1 more month. Only 3 months. And that could be the end of TLE.