Desert of Flames Voting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruallin Ebonhammer, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I have one hope regarding the forthcoming vote on whether or not to open DoF. Can we please avoid some of the badgering and histrionics which started in the lead up to the last vote and seem to be picking up steam again with the vote looming.

Stormhold has a great community so far and I hate to see people degenerating into name calling and insulting each others intelligence over different play styles.

Please remember that people will vote in general as they see best for them and in general you are unlikely to change many votes one way or another so lets try and keep the discourse civil at least.

Pie in the sky dreaming on my part? Perhaps but I have always found the EQ2 Community to be some of the most helpful and reasonable of any game I have tried so one can hope.
    Ceyllynn, Moonpanther, suka and 3 others like this.
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

too late already, lol
  3. Tony Perkins New Member

Judging by your name and maner of speaking I can clearly say you will be voting no. Amaright? Just kidding.

On the topic. These people are just dumb and live in their own little world. They fail to see they're killing Stormhold with their 'no' voting. We only tried to open their eyes, but this resulted in a rant and tons of hatred from their side.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Yes, after the first vote General Chat was rather full of ranting, tears and general name calling directed at those selfish, server murdering players who voted no, wasn't it?
  5. Aliramar Member

This was more like 'This guy voted yes, get him!'
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I rather hope that all of the doomsayers will simply logoff rather than wailing about how the world is ending after the vote fails to reach the 2/3rds majority to proceed.
    Ceyllynn and Mitten like this.
  7. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I don't understand your hostility Tony Perkins? I have seen the gnashing of teeth and hyperbole on both sides of this debate. I re-read my post and do not believe I singled out one side over the other.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am 90% sure the vote will fail this time.
    But I wouldn't be shocked if the majority won the vote (like 55% voted yes) which isn't enough to pass. that is when the real troubles will start
    Jord and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  9. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

I tend to agree with you Ucala. The vote was so lopsided in favour of the no vote last time that I do not believe the numbers will swing so far the other way in only 30 days. I fully expect that the threat of a 90 day delay between votes should the following vote also be a no will swing many of those in the middle to vote yes at that time though.

Time will tell.
  10. Avithax Well-Known Member

2/3 of the same population living in their own little world? The more likely scenario is the Vocal minority doesn't give a crap what the majority wants as long as they can race to the end to brag about server first on a 10 year old xpac. It's not destroying Stormhold, it's actually just getting rid of the botters who clear cut zones and elitists who like the smell of their own farts.
    Heijo, Fetish, Mitten and 2 others like this.
  11. Vunder Well-Known Member

Oh gawd.

Another "your playstyle isn't my playstle so you suck" thread.

I dont even have a 50 and want to vote to pass. I hated Classic, I hated DoF, I did not really Enjoy EQ2 until KoS and beyond.

I don't enjoy it now. Many things are worse than the original launch (travel for example) I'm just holding my own until the good stuff gets here. But if the 90 day lockout comes Ill just cancel until the yes votes start. If the game stagnates because these no voting completionists keep it locked down then ill simply find another game.

It's not rocket science. Play your way, we will play ours. Don't punish us because your playstyle doesnt match yours.
  12. 4280777 Member

Hm, my farts smells pretty nice. Maybe just a matter of taste tho.
    Next time you're online take a minute and check who selling most of m1's, right, multiboxer guys. So yeah, 'It's not destroying Stormhold and it's economy'. When all these 'elitists' quit, you casual guys will suddenly realize, that noone is doing dungeons anymore and you can't even find a damn group. And the broker is almost empty, nooone selling m1's and stuff, just tons of crafted furniture... Only bunches of flower sniffing mates around, what a perfect world!
  13. Wulfhammer Active Member

I'll be voting no again as I believe its for the best with regards to at least my longevity in the game. Next vote however may just be a different story.
  14. Wulfhammer Active Member

Way to state totally unrealistic extremes to try (and abjectly fail) to get your point across. Lolz
    Heijo likes this.
  15. 4280777 Member

My point? I'm voting no too.
    Relax, my casual friend, they won't steal your candy this time for sure.

Maybe I'am exaggerating a little, but the point still stands. You just fail to understand it. Casuals are bad players in general, you can't argue with that. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just a fact. So when one or two casuals join a regular group, it's okay, this group can succeed. But when the group consists solely of casuals, it's won't do..
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what his point even was, other than he likes sniffing his own farts cause they smell good.

Edit: Maybe that means he stops to eat the flowers instead of smelling them.
  17. Moldylocks Member

This doesn't help. Three posts in, and name calling and finger pointing begin. Please, stop baiting and trolling.

People will vote how they see fit. Everyone on the server pays the same price to be there. We each get a vote, and DBG has made it as fair as possible so everyone, no matter the level, can participate. There's no point in stirring the pot to make these forums any more toxic than they already are.
    Filly67 likes this.
  18. Moldylocks Member

..and....speaking of toxic community.

Do you even realize how much negativity you bring here? You intentionally antagonize just for kicks, and it adds nothing to the discussion. You are part of the reason why there are so few posters on these forums, and why the forums in general are such a nasty place to be.

Please stop.
  19. Tony Perkins New Member

Eh, sorry. I'm a friendliest guy you've ever met. I'm just pissed at this stupid 2/3 thing...

Yeah, we all pay the same price, but no voters needs only 33% to win, while yes voters needs 66%. So damn fair. That's the problem.
    Can't wait to see all these hate when yes voters get 60% and still fails.
  20. Blaupunkt Active Member

Whether we like it or not we all knew the rules when we joined the server, thats why I do not understand all the crying and moaning by people, its not like we all started playing and then suddenly the rules of the server were revealed to us.

Did people really join this server and expect it to fly through the first few Xpac's to KoS or EoF or whatever Xpac they like the most ?
    Ceyllynn, Heijo, Kelvani and 5 others like this.