Darathar the unkillable no more

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by jessejames, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Satyr Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Feelsgood
  3. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I am trying as hard as I can to imagine my e-p een being this important, but I just can't do it.

I guess I don't have a very good imagination.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Ronjah Active Member

Offer different versions of the encounter:
    - an easy one ,
    - an ultra hardcore challenge one.
    you get to choose which one you want to beat.
    Damn how is it always so difficult with this company.
  5. Satyr Well-Known Member

What's the point of pixels if you didn't earn them?
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The stuff EQ2 players can argue about often blows my mind.
    jessejames and Snikkety like this.
  7. Adjuvant1 Member

This never should have been an issue. The thing should be a 15 minute fight, tops. Devs scaled the thing through the roof to entertain the very small percentage of people who have spent literally thousands of usd between them in xp pots, familiars, etc etc to have the proper staffing and defensive/offensive values according to a bunch of math. A person in a key role quits, spend x dollars in xp pots leveling an alt to fill that needed role. Normal people just playing the game don't have that luxury and normal people just playing for nostalgia and fun don't care for ridiculous fights over 20 min.

It's like a fun game between the devs and whales. The rest of the server can just wait til they're done, I guess.

I'm not giving this game one more cent. If dof and the rest of the expacs are like this, guess I'll just be a have-not, and shun the whales who are setting the curve too high.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean, us whales have been saying since the first change to the mob that it has way too much hp, i'd prefer to not have to sit there and fatigue myself, its really hard keeping my arm up with all the fat hanging off so i need to do some finger exercises between each mob ya know.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

If you think everyone at that play level is a 'whale', you are sorely mistaken.

Yeah, took me 3-4 days longer to level up than them, but I'm there banging my head on the same broken content.
  10. Ronjah Active Member

besides, imagine everquest 2 without broken content. yes, it is impossible to imagine.
    Snikkety likes this.
  11. jessejames Active Member

This is what happens when you're lonely and drink alone browsing the forums on a Saturday night. You become a troll.
    Snikkety likes this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

I'll have you know I only daydrink.
    jessejames likes this.
  13. Season Active Member

Who cares that it's been killed before. We all know it and most of us have been involved in Server and World Wide Firsts on live as well. At least half the guild has been in top 10 live guilds over the years. However, right now we are playing a TLE server. It is a game that we want to work properly and have fun playing. You're in a guild that's never done anything meaningful ever. We are playing on this server on a way that is enjoyable to use and want the content to make sense. I used to be like you guys and just say GG get better it doesnt matter anymore, but i was like 16 then.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  14. Adjuvant1 Member

Eh, yeh, the people who sneak in at the bottom ranks to fill slots while the real leaders made the decisions and were responsible for getting things done. From my experience, I'd say these are mostly people emulating the people who were really responsible for firsts, like a last hurrah for your place in the limelight.

The problem is, those real folks have come and gone, the prizes have already been won, and you're just being jerks about scrambling over leftovers devs are selling to whales and real players' little brothers and cousins.

The game has been made stupid, devs need to just make it normal, for casuals to be able to beat the t5 content. If it makes people like this guy bored and he goes away, we'd be better off.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

So basically your argument boils down to: "I don't really have a substantive response so I am going to revert to belittling and insulting those who actually care enough to do the content whilst complaining it isn't doable by casual kitchen-sink guilds." Got it.
  16. Adjuvant1 Member

See, it's stuff like this. It's occasional, you guys slip it in nonchalantly, but it's a glaring indicator of your character. It's not good.

Yes, guilds whose name with which you're unfamiliar and "kitchen sink", whatever that is to you, should be able to complete this t5 content. Devs making it otherwise is little more than a circle jerk between you people, a little too impressed with yourselves, and devs who can't seem to set appropriate content difficulty without "your help".

It's lame. The situation is lame. You're being awful and it makes it more lame. Please take your amazing self to a corner somewhere and be lame on your own.
    Scott4323 likes this.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

Any guild with any tank + Channeller + Guard + 2 other healers can kill this mob. Providing you can manage power (not hard really) and can pay attention for the duration of the fight.
  18. Adjuvant1 Member

Not true. Not true at all.
  19. Season Active Member

Yes it is true. It's long, not hard. Everything should be killable by any guild other than vox. Vox is he only fight that has any challenge. The other zones have 1 named and they die in under a minute. You should be able to do those as well as spirits of the lost. And even the contested. Vox is literally the only one you shouldn't be able to do if you're even decent

You'd be surprised how chill we are in general. Most of my guild doesn't even talk in channels much. We just look at FG as a different game and we post when stuff is wrong so it'll be fixed, which helps just about everyone. It's usually the casuals who get mad at us and then we get silly and respond. Every game should have a variety of challenges. Easy to medium to hard mobs. Only better guilds do the harder ones and win. We play the game in a way that's fun for us, only casuals seem to get upset by i, we don't really care that you play casually. We just want a few challenging mobs that work correctly, idk why that upsets you all so much.
  20. Season Active Member

Reminds me of soccer moms who get mad their team of overweight children can't compete in the same tournaments as the kids who try. But they deserve it anyway and should be able to win just because they feel like they should. We want a challenge. We literally only talk about 1 mob. The rest are super easy for casual guilds and we don't mind that. You guys get upset with our play style much more often then we care about yoyrs