Darathar the unkillable no more

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by jessejames, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Season Active Member

We all have access to the same stuff. We just know how to hit our betters better and ya that should matter in any game. No different than having better aim in a shooting game
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm also confused because we legit raid three nights a week. Which for 95% of this games lifespan iirc is pretty casual!
  3. Season Active Member

*buttons better.... since i cant edit and was on my phone
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

People calling content balanced despite needing channelers to do it are kinda special honestly. This coming from a guy who is playing in Paradigm. Darathar is not "fine" if a healer that can outheal 3 other healers are needed. Tank spike damage and channelers HPS are completely out of wack on the Darathar fight and vox.

Calling it "fine" while stacking the insane HPS and spike damage intercept class is in my eyes so dumb its beyond belief.

But who cares? Obviously not enough and the prismatic weapons are gonna be obsolete in a month anyway, so why even bother complaining at this point
  5. Season Active Member

Are you implying that I said Darathar is fine? I've been involved in numerous conversations stating that it is not. The HP is dumb and we've coem to the conclusion that everything is gonna require a channeler for a while. At least until AA, because if it doesnt then teh Channeler makes it super easy. We've never wanted them in in the first place.So idk who you are talking about.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

At some point in time, (not sure exactly when) Hardcore just disappeared, Casual became the new Hardcore, and Super Casual barely raid and only play 8 hours a week became Casual.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Was basically SF when guilds all went to 5 days a week or under, I think honestly AoM was the final nail in the coffin for 5 days and 4 days was rare, but i remember raiding 20+ hours a week, paradigm's hours are super chill.

I remember being in equestrian prep raiding mon-wens 2 hours a night and these raid times are basically the same just another hour each night, and back then during like DoV it was considered super casual~
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Regardless, all the guilds on this server are fairly casual tbh. Only a few select members of paradigm spent large amounts of money to qualify them as "whales" i bet they made more money off of the larger guilds that don't even raid through xp pots, mounts, and appearance gear than they did through us "hardcore" players.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

How is that not true exactly? The sole challenge of the fight is keeping a tank alive vs his incoming damage. This is best done with the healer composition I mentioned along with a guard in support for sphere when dissonance is too high on channeler.

The only other challenge component is maintaining power, which is fairly easy if you understand which HO's to complete.

Your raid wide dps will only affect how long this takes, so low dps in his currents state, it might take you 2 hours to kill it.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

With class balance accepted as is (which yes is stupid), then the content is the right challenge. If you lower it to a channeler being optional, then you've simply trivialized the mob any time you have a channeler.

Now, if you actually fixed class balance, then the mob would need significant tuning.

I stand by what I said before. It should have 60-70% less health, same damage output, and the heal script should reset properly on a wipe. That would have the mob where it should be with current class balance.

If we want to talk about actually fixing healer balance, then it would all have to retune again. I've accepted there simply isn't the resources and interest in balancing the classes, so the content needs to be set based upon where the classes are.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

So not being able to clear content without X class on a legacy server, that isnt f2p by the way, is acceptable and we should all just accept that?

I would be totally fine with it if Caith just went out with a statement saying that class balance is where they want it, that way we can accept it right away and not play a class we don't wanna play, except for when its FOTM only to see it nerfed two months down the road. I totally understand they cant have a developer babysitting the Fallen Gate, despite it having more players than most other servers combined at the moment, but they gotta be open about stuff like this.

I honestly wish more people would speak out against this, but this server is and will be 98% care bears that will only farm the easy raids (Drayaks chamber and commune) twice a week and be all "LOOK IM A RAIDER TOO MOMMY!".
  12. jessejames Active Member

Bitter?
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

We spoke up, numerous times, and were shouted down each time. I argued plenty of times that P2P classes should not have been allowed on TLE until their respective expac. We knew this was going to happen, and we knew they wouldn't have the resources to fix it any time soon. But after the 1000th time of saying it, you reach a point where you just have to accept it. It's not ideal, by any means, but quite honestly I think many of us are fed up of repeating the same things over and over only to be shut down, dismissed as elitists, or just outright ignored. I wish I had a solution, but I don't. Maybe other people far better at this game than I, do.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean channelers/double guardian is really poor design but we haven't received a single comment regarding the horrible imbalance of classes on the server, so as it stands now we have no choice but to play as "intended.

As for people speaking out against this our complaints fall on deaf ears and we are just told that we "whine" all the time about the game, so it's really impossible to win~
  15. Candayen New Member

All I see here is a bunch of "raiders" whining about omg the server is not the way "WE" want it. Screw the casuals it should be "this" way and no other. OmG Channelers Should not be allowed we didn't want them.. Funny anyone I have talked to did want them, sorry your the minority deal with it. As for Darathar, if you whiners had complained at beginning that "OMG he is to EZmode" you wouldn't be whining now that he has to many HP. Suck it up buttercups. Face it most of you "hardcore" or "raiders" feel the server should be to YOUR liking and no one else, like you know, the majority, which are Casuals.
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Trying a bit too hard there buddy, but good try nevertheless.
  17. Candayen New Member

Not trying at all just speaking the truth.
  18. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Not really, you're just spouting the same tired old BS that people with earth-shatteringly poor reading comprehension manage to monkey-bash into their keyboards.
  19. Candayen New Member

ha ha Bs ..right....

Lets see I see a post stating "We didn't want channelers but they allowed them anyways".. Who is this "we"... Oh wait your guild probably.. Funny anyone else I have talked to wanted them, and love that they are available on FG... But since you didn't get your way.. You whine.

Then there is the boo hooing about Darathar's HP.. well if raiders that first attempted him hadn't "cried" to the devs in the first couple weeks of FG release that he was to "EZ" you would not be in this situation with him.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

The 'we' in this case was a number of veteran players, not raiders specifically. When you've played all the classes and know the mechanics, it isn't rocket surgery to figure out having channelers active in vanilla content was going to be grossly out of balance.