Current EQ2 Station Player Website Issues (Post your issues here)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dougdoug, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Vaemas Guest

Any ETA on when the update spells and abilities list will be published? I noticed the note from almost 3 months ago had a "week or two" listing. Soom(tm) would also be an acceptable answer.
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    October was a little better, three out of four adventuring levels were recorded (Teazle's is mising). One of two crafting levels was recorded (Tuknuk's is missing).
  3. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Vaemas wrote:
    Vaemas,
    Unfortunately I cannot give you an ETA as of yet, please understand that we are working on updating the spells, but it has become a much larger of a process then what we first expected. However as soon as I get word of its completion I will be sure to post it.
    -Thank you for your time
    Dougdoug
  4. ARCHIVED-Darn Guest

The RSS feed is on every page english even if one uses the german news page. Would be great if one could have a german news feed as well as the news are translated and differ from the english page.
  5. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    For November 4/4 adventuring levels, 3/3 crafting levels - Hurrah and thanks.
  6. ARCHIVED-slinkster Guest

HI,
    The new format for the websitewebsite is very confusing. I am a co-leader for a guild, used to be I could put in a players name to learn a little about them, now not seeing any info about alts. It was nice to know if the people joining our guild has alts and if they were on the same server or in another guild. Is that feature gone completely or have I missed it? If it is gone I will probably quit paying the extra dollars a month to get into that part of the site. Site is kinda worthless without it. If it is there please let me know. Thank you.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

slinkster wrote:
    DarkViper said in another post that some features had to be removed at the last minute as they weren't 100% ready. Alt viewing was one of them, and should be re-added in a future update.
  8. ARCHIVED-Velik_NVashe Guest

Forgive me if I missed it, but someone posted earlier in this thread that the "only displaying half of the signature image" issue was resolved a few months ago, but mine's doing just that. I made sure it's exactly the same dimensions of the paperdoll image, so it should've worked, right?
    What gets me is that its displaying it correctly on my character's page, where it has my gear around the edges ( http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...%20DLere/Velik/ ) ...
    E: Reloaded the image, gave it a day, same effect. Then I tried a paperdoll, which is what I have right now, and its still doing it. :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Ariellia Guest

Forgive me if I missed this in the thread, but I didn't see "loading EQ2Players.com in in-game browser causes game to crash" listed. This has been verified by several people, including myself, in this thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...465069&#5193926
    As mentioned in that thread, I suspect it to be a side effect of the expansion pop-up window that comes up when you load the site.
    This bug is rather annoying, so if it could be fixed that would be great. Otherwise, I am enjoying the new site. ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Well it's been a few weeks now so I have to ask, why is info in the "skills" tab still in the wrong place?
    For that matter, why under "Persona and Stats" is the general stats still missing "Strength" stat and "Damage Mitigation" is still missing the "Divine Resist" stat?
    ...I mean, is this stuff really that much harder to rewrite the code for than adding an "Alt" tab? If it is, I'll shut the hell up about it but being silent about it isn't helping.
  11. ARCHIVED-Arkenor Guest

The new leaderboard has far less functionality than the old ones. You used to be able to pick the level range by choosing the lowest and highest level you wanted included. Now, you can only either pick the 10 level range of your tier, or everybody.
  12. ARCHIVED-Bronwen Guest

Is there a way to get rid of all the characters that I have deleted from my account?
  13. ARCHIVED-Nofro Guest

It may be mentioned in one of the 11 pages of forum feedback (I read a few pages but I'm not going to go through them all) it would be nice to be able to list all of the guilds on a server instead of having to search for one by typing in the first four letters.
    Especially since people often only refer to a guild by its acronym, i.e. RoX, and w/o the ability to get a full lits result or at least a one letter results, i.e. search for all guilds beginning with the letter 'R' it makes them very hard to find.
    Thx.
  14. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

Current issues I have with the new EQ2Players website
    (1) Guild list only showing 4 folks per page
    (2) Alts now showing any guild information where there is a place for it
    (3) Paperdoll uploading bugged and not working
    (4) functionality of the website vs functionality of the old website, its like we took 80% of what we could do away.
    (5) to much info acout the game at the top of the page
    (6) Takes forever to load the webpages.
    To bad we had this for over a month and it nothing has been fixed as far as I can see. I know other folks have had to point all this out. Sorry not trying to rant here but honestly I know we can do better.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

The revamped players website is such bucket loads of epic fail that you have to laugh. I never thought anything would actually make me wish we had the old site back.
    Seriously, did the web designers have ANY interraction with the EQ2 dev team? How anyone who plays the game would think that the new site provides any added value to EQ2 is beyone my comprehension. The main issues have been listed ad nauseam in this thread so I won't bother reitterating them as none of the important ones have been addressed. Fortunately it no longer impacts upon me much any more as I rarely log on to play the game. Just another nail in the coffin for a once great game.
    EQ2 R.I.P.
  16. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

Hi.
    I hate the redesign. Mostly because it doesn't work.
    I use Firefox on a Macbook Pro. This shouldn't matter but I'll state it anyways.
    I can't seem to upload a paperdoll. It drives me batty that I can't. It looks like it's functioning
    (This is the url that hangs: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...erId=1926173104 )
    but then I get this at the bottom of my browser:
    waiting for sonyonlineentertainment.112.2o7.net
    And it hangs. And my paperdoll doesn't upload. So outta curiousity, I decided to try that address. And here is what I got. First that address doesn't exist, but 2o7.net is used by a company to put cookies on your computer, which doesn't matter so much to me.
    "2o7.net is a domain used by Omniture to help provide portions of its Omniture SiteCatalyst and Omniture SearchCenter products. Specifically, this domain is used by Omniture to place cookies, on behalf of its customers, on the computers of visitors to customers’ selected websites."
    So my question is this. Most intelligent people using Firefox surf with noscript and ad-block plus. Could it be possible that these add-ons are breaking your cookie? I'm going with the assumption that you guys who did this redesign really arent referencing a non-existant server.
  17. ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847 Guest

on the old eq2players the guild roster used to be sortable, are there any plans to include this on the new site?
  18. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

I. Want. To. Upload. Paper. Dolls. Again. Please.
    I don't know how much I have to post to get one of you people who are supporting this buggy pile of code to tell me A. to sit down, be quiet and go away as I'm not going to be able to do it or B. That you know it's an issue or C. To give me detailed instructions on what to do..and this includes me booting up my p3 800 mhz machine to try and do it from that. I'm certianly not disabling any of my beloved pc's protections to put up a picture no matter how much it means to me as a roleplayer.
    Being it's a roleplaying game and all.
  19. ARCHIVED-parago Guest

Network Status page doesnt properly update. Says all servers are up at pretty much all times - even when all servers are down. wth?
  20. ARCHIVED-Sjmagic1 Guest

parago wrote:
    This bothers me to no end, fix please.