Current EQ2 Station Player Website Issues (Post your issues here)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dougdoug, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-kcooler Guest

hundreds of people go to school to design websites... You're telling me there's not one person in that Dev team that can fix up a website in a jiffy... With how the game updates are going, it looks like you guys have plenty of time.. So put them man hours to work, and earn the money you are getting payed by us..
  2. ARCHIVED-PocketSub Guest

Still my character page can not be shown. (If that account has freeblood character)
    Do you ,Devs or Web management team, have a status update to fix issue?

All character's page can not be shown, privacy setting can not be modified.
  3. ARCHIVED-HeadImp Guest

So a couple weeks ago I caught some traffic on Twitter from some of the SOE devs and programmers about how they were working on EQ2Players site, even though it wasn't their normal thing, so I've come back a few times now since then. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it still looks like all the same old problems exist. I can't tell anyone has worked on it. And since GU61 (or possibly earlier) when I take a paperdoll screenshot in game to upload to the site, the file is now empty (0 bytes).
    The bare basics of what I am looking for to be fixed on the site are:
    • world & server discoveries (since I don't know anywhere else to get that info)
    • I can't seem to upload a paperdoll screenshot. The place to do it seems to have gone missing, and all you can see are my feet on the old one.
    • It doesn't link to any of my new gear, so it looks like I'm running around naked. I think most of the SF stuff still doesn't show. (It is helpful for me to look at and see what items I missed upgrading...)
    • "Best in Class" and "Best on Server" used to operate much better. I don't like the newest iteration.
  4. ARCHIVED-ralster Guest

Not going to spend more than 10 seceonds looking for where to post this cause why should give a crap if no one else does.

EQ2 PLAYERS IS BROKEN.
    HELLO? EQ2PLAYERS IS BROKEN.

if someone knows something i dont care to look for like SOE has said we are not going to fix it then let me know. And take the G*D links to look up players down or take the whole site down if its all so screwed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

ralster wrote:
    I truly hope English is not your native language, I really do.
    If it is though, and you are over the age of 9 then you may very well have a great case against whatever dump of a public education system you came from and I'd suggest you seek legal counsel immediately.
  6. ARCHIVED-Apokolipz Guest

Currently and for the past months that I have actually noticed, I have not been able to access my character profiles at all. I can look up my charcaters in the system, see their base stats in the character listings, but, when I click their names, I am brought to a blank profile page showing the background DoV pic, but with absolutely none of my character's info on it.
    When I pull down the drop-down menu under My Profile and select my individual character profiles, I am brought to the same blank character profile page.
    Brought this up in the forum a month ago, yet never got a response from someone who could actually DO something about it, although I am obviously not the only person this is happening to.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zacarias Guest

My characters are all on Crushbone and they are:
    Chekov
    Jawnn
    Novak
    Olexo
    Walfred
    Wylan
    Zacarias

Anytime I attempt to view any of my character profiles at http://everquest2.com when I am logged into the website I get a blank page with only a background image. This happens in firefox, this happens in internet explorer, this happens in chrome. This happens on any computer I use.

If I attempt to view my character profiles as a visitor to http://everquest2.com by searching for them with http://everquest2.com/quickSearch.action no results are found for them.

When I click on the characters button in station launcher I get an error message that reads: " Your session has expired, or a problem occurred logging you in to eq2players.com. Close and re-open this window to try again. " Again, this happens on any computer I attempt it on.

When I am logged into http://everquest2.com/ with and I select the "My Profile" link there are duplicates of my characters listed and characters I have deleted long ago listed, but selecting any of them leads to the blank page

When I attempt to use the EQII mobile app on any android phone I get an error message that says: "There are no characters for this account. Try camping with your characters."
    Logging into the game and camping each character did not help.
  8. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

ralster wrote:
    Have you considered, I don't know, visiting that unusual hotel down the road?
  9. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

They're probably in the process of transitioning to external "eq2players" type stuff with Zam. Hell, Zam's database is directly linked to EQ2 I think. EQ2Players database hasn't been updated in forever.
    I would love to see level history and discoveries, but it's just not going to happen.
  10. ARCHIVED-NariArinniana Guest

I'm not able to search for my alt's guild (Cloudwalkers) at all. The results come up blank. Not even an old link to the old Lucan D'Lere server.
    When I found a workaround to this by searching for my alt's name, then clicking on the guild she's in, I found this:
    http://everquest2.com/Guild/5777203/
    Geez. How long has this guild been on Crushbone now?
  11. ARCHIVED-niteowl53 Guest

How is everyone even getting to the eq2players site? I go here, which is where I went to before they started the revamp: http://www.everquest2.com/search/ and all I get is :
    HTTP Status 404 - /search/

type Status report
    message /search/
    description The requested resource (/search/) is not available.
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.29

So is there a new web address? I would like to be able to search people and guilds once again. Is there an up and running site to go to or is this just by invitation only beta website they have going or what? I have been coming here for months and have seen promises that the eq2 players site is coming and I have never seen it since they took it offline. But it looks like form the posts I am seeing something is up and running, how do I get to that area? Link someone?
  12. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

niteowl53 wrote:
    We don't. EQ2Players was supposed to relaunch in early December. It didn't, and they aren't giving any ETA as to when it might be back online.