Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Sigma7 New Member

This year has come and gone. Schedule a new mid-January discussion?
  2. Kitty Ninja Member

Is mythical Jan 8 update putting in transfers?:D Or more long stall throughout 2019 to 2020?:rolleyes:
    9952 viewers may want to know.
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

Or will we see it as the song says "In the year 2525, if we are still alive."
  4. Weresnail New Member

Con Grat Tu Lations on 10K +20 views.

Daybreak, with manual transfers a no, how about emmanuelle transfers instead?
    Kawoosh and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Mycelian New Member

GMs testing transfers on a case by case basis?? Discordian blowing smoke?
    Roxxyll anything?

eagerly.waiting.for.fallen.gate Discord
    I was told to buy a regular character transfer token, and the GM manually moved the character from one of my accounts to another.

I've done it fairly recently. I think the accounts have to be gold, with recurring payment forms, and of course both accounts have to be gold, with recurring payment forms, and of course both accounts have to be in the customer's name, to be able to transfer a character from one of your accounts to another.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  6. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Well, you know the way things are going, I expect that before long it's gonna just be one big server, we will probably get more merges, before we get character transfers. Or maybe, they will do it the DBG way, get character transfers working, get all those fees they can get, then merge it all into one server... lol Just sayin' :p
    Dude likes this.
  7. Metro Gnome New Member

TLE servers are cash cows. Not going away. Live may die, but Daybreak can run TLE servers for a game lifetime.
    Your actual game life span may vary. Do not ingest pizza during keyboard combat. Excessive game play may result in drowsiness and keyboard face.

The fantasy of One Server To Rule Them All? You know people have multiple accounts?
    That one account to another account toon transfer will never go out of style.
    It has gone out of style for over a year but Daybreak did that.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  8. Eyeai New Member

Poor Darkale.
    Eyeai, Jan 26, 2019

We hope to restore this service in 2018 2019.

Fixed it.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  9. Lunablanco Active Member

Well in a diff mmo...-cough cough wow - they had to disable this sort of thing at one point, due to people buying / selling accounts. As the acct 2 acct is how they get chars moved around, maybe DBG has not yet found a good way to run the trans service and yet confirm ownership? Its only one idea on it, but I know that other game decided to change how account ownership works. If it is the issue, but hey just an idea here. I have been wanting acct 2 acct to be open for a while, in fact I got so tied of waiting I deleted a lot of my freebie alt heroic chars on junk accts.

{ Yes I regret this, as its 15 bucks to restore char's!? Mind you in that other mmo >.> They will let you to restore a deleted character 1 x a month on your own for free! }
    Kawoosh and Breanna like this.
  10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Maybe. Here's a partial list of what Daybreak required when transfers were working.
    • "Your Real Name"
    • "Station Username"
    • "Name on Credit Card"
    • "The last 4 digits of the Credit Card used on the account"
    • "Full Billing Address"
    • "Current answer to security question"
    • "Email Address"
    • "Both accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification using the same phone number"
    • "Both accounts must have the same (verified) email address"
    • "Daybreak Cash must be on the source account"
    • "Ticket must be submitted from the source account (the one with the characters.)"
    I think at one time there was a 60 or 90 day history of payments requirement.

Easy enough for the Billing Department to confirm that account 1 and account 2 belong to the same person. And the Billing Department will know how many times, and to how many accounts, and which accounts transfers were made. Someone in the business of improperly selling characters will get caught. Anyone using improperly acquired credit cards will get caught.

An opinion on why transfers are essentially dead since Fall 2017:
    1. Daybreak has removed ALL account transfers, as a business decision. They consider it a manpower bother, and they're not advertising it. Currently None of Daybreak's All Access Games allow character transfers. Meanwhile server to server transfers, which are a form of character transfer, are 'going gangbu$ter$.' A comment from Roxxlyy could get this concept Jossed.
    2. The Billing Department is one of those "outside departments" Kander mentioned.
    3. "Handling all of the account flags would be impossible- I'm convinced that's what broke it in the first place" Mathafern (Discord)
    4. "Lol people would consolidate so many accounts if they started doing acct to acct xfers again, I'm sure it would be a significant loss of monthly income" Corbs (Discord)
    I want character transfers restored. And have small stockpiles of Daybreak cash. But to put this another way. Were one to propose to someone, and every couple of months they would respond 'I'll get back to you on that.' After sixteen months, what would 'one' be thinking?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Zgragy Member

Purrsonally I would love to move a couple characters around. I am frustrated that they still have not fixed this.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

All you need to do to sell an account is to transfer it to another person via giving them your password. Stopping account to account transfers would only stop selling of specific characters.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If you log into the beta region and go to the character select screen, there is an Account Transfer button there. So I'm guessing they're coming a bit further along, hopefully something soon.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. NurmYokai New Member

Not any more.

February 5 2019 Beta Server
    [IMG]
    What happens when you press that button?
    [IMG]

February 7 2019 Beta Server
    [IMG]

Poof.
  15. Weresnail New Member

April 1st already??
    Discord image.
    [IMG]
    Devs having fun on Discord?
    Automated 2017 2018 2019 screen mock-up?
    Cruel third year psych out?

Do fix the space between Account Transfer button and Set Appearance button. Doesn't match the separation between Play, Delete, Set Appearance.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Eyeai New Member

Bueller?

Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2018

Bueller?

Roxxlyy, May 10, 2018

Bueller?

Roxxlyy, Jul 28, 2018

Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m ready to pay for 1, may be 2 transfert.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

I gave up ages ago and just made new toons on another account. *sighs*
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

It has only been unavailable for over a year, but it is "has a spot on the list". So I am sure we will see it soon™
  20. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

When the service was available, transfers cost 2500 DBC.

New Marketplace Offer - Level 110 Heroic Boost
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-level-110-heroic-boost-available-marketplace-2019
    02-21-2019

"Whether you've been itching to play a new character, or have been looking to catch up to your friends in Norrath, now's the perfect time! A Level 110 Heroic Boost is now available in the Marketplace.

The Level 110 Heroic Boost can be purchased for 3500 DBC ..."

Why transfers have been "airquotes"stalled"airquotes" since September 2017, and Roxxlyy has been silent for half a year?
    • 3500 DBC - Level 110 Heroic Boost
    • +1000 DBC - Reforging
    • +1000 DBC - etc services
    When over a month's span a thousand views happen on this thread, Daybreak can't say there's no interest in transfers.

Well??
    Rosyposy likes this.