Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Roomis Ce Gloomis Member

Past GU107 and expac, time to transfer by hand customer service? Pleazies?
    Praise the 110 token. :)
    Kawoosh, Kitty Ninja and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

It is nearing the end of 2018. Any update on the progress of getting account transfers working again?
  3. Kitty Ninja Member

4. Roomis Ce Gloomis Member

Kawoosh likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Server transfer tokens are sold on the marketplace, so are included. The normal price is 2450 DBC. The price with the 25% discount is 1837 DBC.

Even if there were character transfers, they are not on the marketplace, so would not be included. The same is true for kronoes and expansions.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I got 25% off of my server transfer on Sunday.
    Kitty Ninja and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2018

Here it is, December 7th, and the comment may be sadly prophetic.

How about Daybreak concede, that after over a year the automated plan is not working? And until the plan is working, non-automated transfers will resume.

Otherwise, how very Google

"please stop removing everything without properly replacing them..."
    EposVox
    Mycelian, Kheldar and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I agree, this is long overdue and at this point there needs to be some temporary solution while they work on their super awesome flawless automated version.
  9. Victisa Active Member

I feel the same way as you do. they should do better. Even custom service is getting crappy. Other weird stuff is happening as well. like missing charatchers then it ask's you buy all the races definatelly a bug. but.. Personally they just want to take our cashola and say screw the services. smh

Mycelian, Kheldar and Kawoosh like this.
  10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Agree. But the permanent temporary solution is the original solution, doing transfers like they did through most of 2017. And 2016. And 2015. And .......

Is the reason for stopping the original process, because they can't do it anymore? Or they won't do it anymore?

And players? If you want this feature, comment. Bet when this thread disappears, so will company interest.

Like many other features, from many companies, when the spotlight disappears so does the service.

:( Those outside departments wouldn't be in Austin would they? :(

[IMG]
    Mycelian, Tekka, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  11. knightowl Member

Just adding one voice to the chorus of 'would appreciate the ability for a pay-to-transfer-character(s)-between-accounts service, whether the process is done manually or automated'.

Given recent events, I'm not holding out hope that it will happen, but it would be a pleasant and welcome surprise should it return -- and I would utilize the system for at least a couple of characters (across two accounts).
    Kawoosh, Mycelian and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Eyeai New Member

Yes! Transfers now! Not every three months
    It Is Coming But We Do Not Know When
  13. Red Adder New Member

Pretty pretty please.
  14. Loresinger Active Member

Still waiting for this feature to come back, as well. Was hoping there had been some sort of progress in the last few months, but looks like nothing so far. :( Not sure why manual transfers had to be removed while we wait for the automatic service to finish. Been a very long time now for this service to be missing.
  15. Mycelian New Member

Wanted to transfer 110 level/trade toons, but that account service is dead.
    This meant to incentivize players to spend 3500 for 100 character and 3500 for 100 tradeskill? Versus 2500 transfer?

My characters have a History, blanks have none. With a service that was fully functional last year, pay to clone or do regrinds is unacceptable.
    Kawoosh and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Wart One Member

All I want for Christmas
    is my toon transfer,
    my toon transfer,
    see my toon transfer.

Gee, if I could only
    have my toon transfer,
    then I could wish you
    "Merry Christmas.":D
  17. Svenone Well-Known Member

I am fairly confident in saying that the 2018 goal was missed. Dare we hope for an early 2019 delivery of this desired service? Please don't cop out with "it's another department's job" - you are all Daybreak Games Company and communication is a basic necessity, within the departments in a company and between a company and it's customers.
  18. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

With the deletion of service in 2017, and now days from 2019, I'd say the 2018 goal was reached.
    'Temporary' service removal.

"Has there been any updates to account to account transfers?
    Lush 15/12/2018 Discord
    "has there been any chatter about allowing account to account transfers again?
    Scrub 02/12/2018 Discord
  19. Metro Gnome New Member

Yea. Why are these transfers gone on EQ and EQ2?
  20. iceverything Master of Respawning

Im gunna take a guess and say we arent going to see any account to account transfers in 2018. UNLESS
    servers are down right now guys with special update soooooooo :p
    Kawoosh and Sigma7 like this.