Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Generally speaking, many items already become No-Trade or valued at 1 Copper when characters are moved between accounts. Also, claim items like Veteran's and Pre-order perks are tied to only the character that is moved. There is very little to exploit that wouldn't be too costly to make a profit from transferring between accounts.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  2. Crazie New Member

How about unlocked runes.... raid and solo earned flags that are account wide. Also progression and heirloom currency like event unlocks and ethereal coins.
  3. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Well xxev err Crazie:D , everything y'all mentioned is allowed on Server to Server Transfers. Ergo it's not an exploit. There's a lively discussion on Discord about using server transfers to move the very things you mention. Server Transfers have not ceased.

The things you mentioned were allowed on Character Transfers, before it was shut down TO AUTOMATE THE PROCESS. Absolutely nothing from the Devs indicates exploits of any kind happening.

Of course you leave out the fact that selling accounts is a violation of the Terms of Service.
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
    "You may not sell, transfer, or allow others to access and/or use your account. Please notify us immediately if you are aware of any unauthorized access to and/or use of your account."

Thereby using the 'guilt by association' fallacy.
    https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/10/Ad-Hominem-Guilt-by-Association

Transfers are a legitimate service. Saying they are not, and showing zero proof, does not make it so.

Oh, as of today, this thread has matched the view count of the "Reminder: Minimum Operating System Requirements" thread. Which appears to be the most viewed thread in the Player Support forum. Seems to be some interest in getting Account to Account Transfers going again.:rolleyes:
    Kuulei and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Those things don't become unlocked on the new account, and the transferred character will not be able to buy more of them. You don't need to transfer to another server if there is an account wide flag. I know because my characters on the EU can buy the stuff my characters on the US earn. But then, that is not an account to account transfer, which is what we are discussing.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  5. Crazie New Member

So you are saying that a toon with their 2.0 .... moving Fromm account to account unlocking the guise on each account ..... would NOT be an exploit and should be allowed? Some account flags earned on one account should not be allowed to share on another account that has not earned tho progress (I said SOME). In that instance a person can sell their flags and progress to others by transferring and flagging the account. OR... yes... the person can create accounts already flagged and sell them (as you say). As the new expansion is released there will be yet even more flags to earn and a transferred toon could spread the love from account to account unless flag and progress sharing is blocked when a toon is transferred. These are just questions I have. Who knows what kind of cool flags and progression this new expansion will bring? I fell every account should have to flag and progress itself and not just use a bauble on every account provided by a transferred toon from another account.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

That's just crazie talk. :rolleyes:
    Kawoosh and Lateana like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying, I truly do. But, you do not just contact DBG and ask to transfer a character(s) from account A to account B. You have to prove that you own both of the accounts involved. When I did this, I had to provide them the codes from the original boxes, which luckily I still had, I had to provide the original payment information for the subs and the card numbers, my address when the accounts were created as well as the phone numbers and a couple of other items they asked for. I do not think, with the age of the game, that anybody is going to go through all of this to create and sell characters. I could be wrong, but time wise alone, it is not financially feasible unless someone values their time at around $3.00/hour US.
    Dude, Kawoosh and Breanna like this.
  8. Crazie New Member

While it has been a LONG time since you had a toon transferred they have streamlined the process a bit. Last time I did it for my son they required matching names (Which can be altered easily), matching e-mail (which can be changed easily), card info on the accounts that have been used to sub, and secret question answer. Serial codes are not used anymore now that purchases are digital download and not a box from a store. Original codes are not asked for since nobody really saved them. Telephone number and address is not used in the creation of any account.
    So I guess the only stumbling block would be the card and sub although if they automated account transfers some of even these requirements might not even apply.

One thing everybody needs to realize is as long someone can make money from honesty or exploit, they will do it regardless of difficulty. The more automated and streamlined a system gets is the more it will be exploited. Dropping this now as I am annoying members. Good Hunting!!
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I had to move a character from one server to another along with the baubles to use them, the account was not flagged, the character was. I don't think you could actually do what has been suggested, but even if it was possible I doubt it would happen very often.
    I just want to close an account and move my characters to an older one that I am willing to pay for. I am guessing that is why we cannot transfer toons anymore, not due to some unspecified programming issue or potential exploit.
    Kawoosh likes this.
  10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

These are not exploits. Because the Devs have not shut down these options in the server transfers, they are not exploits. More could be said, but the arbitrator has spoken.
    Account to account transfers have been awaiting automation for over a year.
    Obviously it's been a long time for anyone to have made a transfer.

Again, the 'guilt by association' fallacy.
    https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/10/Ad-Hominem-Guilt-by-Association

Your underlying illogic, your "annoying members" part, being:
    • People will exploit [ANY] service.
    • Service must be shutdown to prevent exploit ['exploits' which are not exploits].
    • Ergo people who want this service want to exploit [i.e. the insult].
    This must be important to you. Enough that "Crazie" was created on 2018.10.16, and you made your first five posts on this thread.

You're still in error.
    Until and unless the Devs and/or Roxxlyy say 'it's an exploit' and exterminate account to account transfers, It Is Not An Exploit. All (as you infer it) players who want this service Are Not Exploiters.

Unless guilty until proven innocent is a thing.

The two basic sides of account transfers.

Pro
    It’s a service that existed for years. Please bring it back.

Con
    It’s an exploit.

Here's the Con.

So similar. So lacking evidence. So all done on server to server transfers.

Daybreak is very active terminating exploits. Not necessarily 'immediately,' but they get quashed. When a player thinks they've found an exploit, they should report it. And provide all relevant objective data.

Account transfers are on hiatus for automation. Meaning:
    1. It’s not an exploit.
    2. People who say it’s an exploit, don’t send reports with proof.
    3. People who say it’s an exploit, do send reports with their version of proof, and it’s rejected.
    The thing about posting exploits on forums? It’s against forum rules, somewhere, and those posts get deleted. Which is prudent, as you don’t want people boldly describing ‘how to hack.’

The fact that those ‘it’s an exploit’ posts are not deleted, means those are not exploits.

Fairly logical, Moore or Les, don’t you think?
    https://philosophy.hku.hk/think/logic/whatislogic.php

And Daybreak, with the automated planning taking over a year, how about bringing back the 2500 Daybreak Cash manual process? Maybe in time for Christmas/Frostfell?

If you'll excuse me, I really need to be somewhere else. Chaos Descending is calling.
    Lateana, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Probe One Member

Last week on EverQuest 2 Discord.

[IMG]

ejaab
    When are char transfers going to be back?

Obuna
    @ejaab Character transfers (to another server) never went away. Transfers to a different account have been gone over a year now and there is NO ETA for it to return (or even if they will ever return). At this point, it is much like asking when Half-Life 3 will be released...and just as frustrating.

ejaab
    Thank u. I'm aware of all that but hoping to bring it up might put it on their to do list.... I mean it literally costs them money not having it...

Kaerkor De'Glin
    I can imagine there's many outlets for abuse of that feature.

[IMG]
    Kander
    Account Transfers isn't a matter of a "to do" list. It's in the works and been being worked on, unfortunately, it isn't a satellite issue [One we can solve independently] Account Transfers has heavy dependence on outside departments. We do not have an ETA for it. It will be done when it's done. It hasn't slipped out mines, we are not putting anything off.

ejaab
    So 2 weeks then. Cool
    Hehe thanks
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

The struggle is real.

13. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

The Sisyphus story, and other ancient tales, fail in modern times. When you have an eternity, why not wear the mountain down?

Two Four and a half billion years and counting, through a diamond Azbantium wall.

With luck, the Developers won't take two billion years to get account transfers automated.
    But might get worn down, and go back to the manual process. :cool:

Ancient myths like that were annoying in school. Here's another:

Icarus (IK-uh-rus)
    Son of Daedalus who dared to fly too near the sun on wings of feathers and wax. Daedalus had been imprisoned by King Minos of Crete within the walls of his own invention, the Labyrinth. But the great craftsman's genius would not suffer captivity. He made two pairs of wings by adhering feathers to a wooden frame with wax. Giving one pair to his son, he cautioned him that flying too near the sun would cause the wax to melt. But Icarus became ecstatic with the ability to fly and forgot his father's warning. The feathers came loose and Icarus plunged to his death in the sea.

In a fictional piece someone described the annoyance, in easy to understand terms.

“Turns out that Greek myth that warned us not fly too close to the sun was NOT ENTIRELY OFF BASE, IN VERY LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES??” Squirrel Girl

“Icarus right? Kid and his dad invent wings from wax and feathers, kid flies too close to the sun, wings melt, the end.

Here’s the thing about that. So Icarus and his dad invent AMAZING SUITS from SCRATCH while being held PRISONER—

(an idea which, for obvious reasons, really appeals to me on a fundamental level)

—and then one of them dies because he’s TOO SUCCESSFUL at FLYING SUIT INVENTION, and that’s supposed to teach us something?

I’ll tell you what it teaches me. It teaches me that whoever is telling it never studied science.

There’s a reason why Everest is snowy at the top instead of being covered in beach towels, sunglasses, and mojitos.

In flight range, air pressure goes down as you go up, and gases under less pressure are slower and colder. Hence, freezing.

In conclusion, it’s a ridiculous myth, and in real life Icarus would’ve a) survived, and b) be lauded as a great engineer.

And I would’ve hired him.”

Tony Stark, Ironman

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Volume 6: Who Run The World? Squirrels

[IMG]
    NASA's Parker Solar Probe just made the fastest and closest-ever sweep of the sun
    https://qz.com/1446049/nasas-parker...he-fastest-and-closest-ever-sweep-of-the-sun/
    Lateana, Rosyposy and Tekka like this.
  14. Probe One Member

Had my ancestors and others not chlorinated out the 'fall down and give up' gene centuries ago?

1941 October 29

Du wurdest deutsch sprechen.

Thumbs up manual transfer process.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm sure Churchill would be proud of your efforts here. o_O
    Breanna, Lateana and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Probe One Member

Yesterday on EverQuest 2 Discord.

[IMG]
    hamsolo
    can i transfer my character that i have on another account on fallen gate to a new account and put him on fallen gate on that account

Lush
    Soon

Gemo
    cooking

Mr. Churchill is dead, me personally, no.
    For my relatives in the U.S. Army, ground combat in Europe during WWII, Yes, He, Was.

“May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.”
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

For the rest of you in the U.S., get out and vote.

:rolleyes: duuddee your efforts at disruptive innovation here, PvP, and elsewhere, do make Sisyphus look like a salaryman. :p
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Dude is doing nothing of the sort. He is just bringing a bit of comedic relief to an issue that could be a firestorm. Just relax, Dude is a good guy.
    Breanna, Dude, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  18. Wart One Member

What a good guy. Read response post. Poof. He vanished it 'cause he can't account transfer?
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Huh?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I second your Huh, Dude and am add a wth...
    Breanna and Dude like this.