Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkale, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could be worse; could be in Star Wars Galaxies... "You sent my character to a NON-EXISTENT GAME...? :eek:"

Uwk
    Pixistik, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  2. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Maybe this is why Daybreak doesn't want transfers? :rolleyes:

Imagine for a moment, you've been accidentally transferred to PlanetSide. :p Never happen but roll with it.

You ....................................................................................... second later ...
    [IMG]
    Them
    [IMG]

Maybe one more later.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Rhynoch New Member

I apologise in advance if this has already been said but in my mind account transfers also imply account selling. I'm guessing the Dev team would want to setup a system where they get the money and not the bot farmer. Do you really want zones full of bots farming the most popular/efficient paths to make a characters that people will buy. Do you pay a fee transfer the account, confirm receipt and not be able to use the character for 30 days? What practical solutions can you think of that would permit account transfers without farming?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That could be part of the issue, though we used to transfer characters account to account all the time back in the day without too much hassle (too much hassle = not being able to do it at all). Back in the day, they had staffers actually do it on a case-by-case basis "manually," as it were, and there are apparently technical glitches coming up that are interfering with them being able to do it automatically nowadays.

Granted, they don't have a lot of staff left to be able to do this any more, individually, but I can't believe they booted out everyone who knew how to do it back in the day... :-/

Uwk
    Kawoosh, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  5. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Neither character transfers nor character server transfers are exploits. Were they exploits, the Devs and/or Management would have terminated the processes.

As opposed to keeping one running, character server transfers, and stalling working on automating the other, character transfers.

Mar 17 2008
    Grenblen
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...g-plat-and-or-power-leveling-services.421660/
    "For those that don't know me, my name is Rich Schmelter and I am the customer service manager for the EverQuest product line (EQ, EQII, and EQOA).
    Before I get into the main point of this post, I wanted to make it clear that buying plat, items, characters, power leveling, etc, from 3rd party websites is against our policies and we remove any plat, items, exp, or characters from accounts that buy them and take further disciplinary action on accounts that continue to do this or are severe offenders."

Sep 13 2018
    "Crazie likes this"

Oct 16 2018
    Oct 17 2018
    me
    ... "selling accounts is a violation of the Terms of Service.
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
    "You may not sell, transfer, or allow others to access and/or use your account. Please notify us immediately if you are aware of any unauthorized access to and/or use of your account.""

Oct 19 2018
    "Crazie said ..."
    Oct 20 2018
    "Crazie said ..."
    Oct 23 2018
    me
    "Until and unless the Devs and/or Roxxlyy say 'it's an exploit' and exterminate account to account transfers, It Is Not An Exploit. All (as you infer it) players who want this service Are Not Exploiters."

Jan 26 2019
    Jan 27 2019
    Jan 31 2019

"I do not think, with the age of the game, that anybody is going to go through all of this to create and sell characters." Cyrrena

And 'anybody' does not have to ...

02-21-2019
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-level-110-heroic-boost-available-marketplace-2019
    "Whether you've been itching to play a new character, or have been looking to catch up to your friends in Norrath, now's the perfect time! A Level 110 Heroic Boost is now available in the Marketplace.

The Level 110 Heroic Boost can be purchased for 3500 DBC and will set an adventurer's level to 110. Using the boost will also increase your Alternate Advancement points to 320, grant you a crate of level 110 equipment, and a flying mount!"

The above is the likely reason character transfers have been delayed. The cost of a character transfer was/is 2500 DBC. Versus 3500 DBC to create a brand new level 110 character.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're a cynical froggie, Kawoosh, but I can't find a great deal of fault in your final argument there. ;->

Uwk
    Kawoosh and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

cynical
    based on or reflecting a belief that human conduct is motivated primarily by self-interest

Not really cynical, but practical. I understand that monetization* drives most gaming companies. Daybreak is a for-profit company. There is money to be made in selling legal characters. 3500 DBC/$35 USD to start.

* "Here's How Electronic Arts Makes Its Money"

"Of the $3.75 billion in digital revenue that Electronic Arts generated over the last 12 months, $743 million -- 19.8% of the total haul -- came from full game downloads. Mobile accounted for $804 million, or 21.5%.
    The remaining $2.2 billion -- nearly 59% of that total -- came in as a result of what the company terms "live services."
    In its fiscal year 2018 annual filing, the company explains that its live services revenue includes "microtransactions, extra content, subscriptions, and esports.""

Why go through the hassle of illegally selling a character through a transfer?

And here's a bad one, using that oft used odd logic: 'Creating an account, and creating one character, allows illicit toon sales.'

And here's a good one. How much interest is there in character transfers?

12,174 views and climbing. http://archive.fo/u4RIe

Jul 27 2018
    Jul 28 2018
    Where I am irked is the lack of communications from various employees. Who promised to keep players in the loop.

Sadly one promise is coming up on it's anniversary.
  8. NurmYokai New Member

[IMG]

No sighting on Beta. What a tease.

The EverQuest II Character Transfer Instructions have updated.

https://web.archive.org/web/2019032...-EverQuest-II-Character-Transfer-Instructions
    Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away

The date changed.

February 24, 2019

big sigh

likely still a couple of months years away
  9. Grimm New Member

It's a shame a well know game company would do this.

And I'm not talking EA.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Frogwarp New Member

Any day now Daybreak?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Kitty Ninja Member

February 22, 2018 Roxxlyy

Ah huh.:confused:
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Soon
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Beanno New Member

Never too Soon.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, jumpin' jiminy; they make it so much easier on their players. :-/

Uwk
  15. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Sooner?

Running for the hills ..........
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Kenzu New Member

So Daybreak, is it ready yet ?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Finally we can close this thread :)
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

You all beat me! I was very excited to necro this thread.

From tomorrow's patch notes (going live on 4/16):

20. Darkale New Member

Thank you Daybreak, from the Original Poster (Jan 23, 2018).