Chainmail Bikinis!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-LordFyre, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

Qandor wrote:
    I don't mind flashing my panties so I'd be fine if they had skirts in EQ2. Heck, I flash my panties if I swim in my dress.

What I dislike about L2s elves are the gigantic pointy ears. Not at all appealing.
  2. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Chayna wrote:
    Ooooohhh! That was a BIG attraction for me! Even my Dark Elf in EQII, in SOGA models (even though I don't play using them myself) has the longest ears I could give her!! And I've had comments on it as well. hehe but then, I'm also a pretty big (or use to be, haven't collected comic books in ages) Poison Elves fan.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I remember EQ1 before the Luclin models came out that Dark Elves in leather had tight fitting chap like pants with a thong-back loincloth but they did it so that they looked sexy not skanky.

Kinda like this (Top center)
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Sasandra Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Ditto, I love the long ears as well, that's the only thing I don't like on the SOGA high elves, they don't have the really long slender ears like the SOGA dark elves do.
  5. ARCHIVED-Avashnea Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    OMG! Someone else that's heard of Poison Elves! I have #1 'I, Lusiphur'
  6. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Myriam@Crushbone wrote:
    I've still got my "Ebola Zaire" T-Shirt with Parantachin (I KNOW I ***** his name, sorry Drew!) on the back and a limited art collection. :D

Oops, sorry for the derail! Chainmail Bikinis! Carry on. :p
  7. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

Chayna wrote:
    That's one thing I have to agree with. They look like you could detach them and use them to help wrestle your boots on. But most people, I think, would be willing to overlook the ridiculous ears if the rest of the Lineage II look came along with them.

SOGA elves have problems all their own...they look, frankly, like recovering crack addicts, and some (dark elves in particular) look like someone stole Mick Jagger's lips and sewed them on. But even they would be (marginally) tolerable if we were to receive a wider sartorial choice...something that would allow people like me to immerse themselves in body shape and clothing pattern and try to blot out the nauseating head features when we interact. A shame...most of the other SOGA models look pretty good.

In the end, a wider spectrum of clothing benefits everyone.
  8. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

WeatherMan wrote:
    Arguing Soga/Standard Models is a different thread.
    But, your main point "In the end, a wider spectrum of clothing benefits everyone" was my primary reason for continuing to beat this dead horse. I actually do feel that the "Appearance Tab" breathes new life into this subject as it allows the adding of armors with different styles and levels of sex-appeal without forcing those "looks" on players who would not want them.
    I am not upset with the EQ2 art team at all. As I said, the creation of the "Appearance Tab" was inspired. I am just urging them to "follow through" with the idea so that it can be truely great!
  9. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    I can say that those aren't sluttly...but kind of sexy, which is what we need.

L2's Dark Elf Female was slutty.
  10. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

Nah, not really. Very revealing, certainly, but slutty? Have to disagree. Something that was truly slutty would likely never have made it into a Teen-Rated game.

Filth is in the mind of the beholder. What you see as slutty, someone may see as classy. What you see as classy, someone may view as a colossal sartorial snore.

What we have now, with a few meager exceptions, is a colossal sartorial snore. True, the appearance tab has made it better, but it has a looooong way to go yet. Yes, we need Lineage-style clothes. Plain and simple. We already have the clothes that occupy the 'burka' end of the spectrum. And we need everything, absolutely everything, in between the two.

There is simply no other way.
  11. ARCHIVED-Adaianu Steelwind Guest

What I've always wondered is why nobody wears anything shorter then a full length dress/robe.

I've also wondered why unique headgear is such a hard thing to make, there is a reason almost everyone used /hide helmet. Since the games launch helmets have looked like buckets turn upside down on your head. I do miss the eq1 styled armor and would love to see some of it returned. (Barring the old human bucket hats we seem to all wear now. The old dark elven skull faced helms rocked! Seems only a shadowknight at lvl 67 can get anything close. The way the high elven helms had a Romanesque look to them was also nice. Heck, the fact that there were many different helms in general was nice.

So I would like to see more helms, and some cut off shorts/skirts. Also some leather armor that is more monk like couldn't hurt.

off topic.. I play on average settings, but I've often wondered this; Are the helmets supposed to have something attached to the little knob they have on top? Like a feather or something?

PS: I agree 100% on the lineage comments. If not for the HORRIBLE player base, that's where I would be. Visual appeal goes a long way in marketing.
  12. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Adaianu Steelwind wrote:
    I play with my character graphics at max and I've never seen anything sticking out of that top knob on the helms. I wish there was though! They look really dumb without anything coming out of it. Even a horse hair tail would be cool.
  13. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Hehe, forgot about those plate helmets and their empty plug for a plume. Silly innit. Hard to forget about them though, what with that loading screen having a page of helmets we don't have in-game, rubbing our noses in it. Must be due to taken to reading a book during zonings, I'd forgotten about them.
    Can't say as the Lineage armours appeal to me though. Doesn't look like armour. Least, not fantasy armour. It look more ceremonial and even sci-fi to me. The clothes however, they got some nice stuff there. They have, options. Rather radical that eh, options.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Well, I'm a widow in my 50s with 2 teen sons. Slutty, Sexy or scandalous are terms that cannot and will not apply to my clothing IRL.
    That being said, I want my little Elf girls to have that option. Good lord, Antigravity chest construction just begs for it.
    I love the Lineage 2 look. To me, that is fantasy. I loved Tayil's clothing in the old Intro movie too.
    Teen rating has nothing to do with our lack of choices. See NPC Vamps, NPC Lamia, NPC MajDul, NPC Dryads, etc etc etc. I fail to see the teen argument when the NPCs, Box art, and the very header of this forum shows a more scandalous style of clothing.
    I want my Assassin to look like the sig picture I created for Station Players, my old SWG girl elvenized and wearing leather. I'm so frustrated with the in game options, so sick of my level 40 gowns, that I'm now photoshopping what I want to see. Meh!
  15. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

/signed

Agree wholeheartedly with everything the OP said. The city rewards have already shown that sony is willing to give us more appealing clothing, now we just need some variety. Hopefully the new skeletal structures really will allow them to give us more options.

Personally I'm most looking forward to swimsuits, both for males and females. Chain armor rusts terribly every time I go swimming, and I think my kerran would look great in swim trunks.
  16. ARCHIVED-Alycs Guest

I've read this entire thread. Interesting points. Choice would be great. There is another thing that was NOT brought up in that plethora of choices, pants.
    I also play LoTRO. I love it, the clothes there rock! It's can be dyed, to a point. So, no, the horrid pink and neon green is not out there. And you have to apply the dye pot to specific pieces, and then it's usually only a specific part of the amour that gets dyed. There is 11 colours, one of them being black and a rare colour.
    Also, my ladies there can wear PANTS there! Pants, glorious pants! My minstrel does NOT want to get into an upclose fight in a robe for goodness sake! And robes make playing her instruments during battle difficult at best!
    EQ2?
    Where are the pants? I've got a mystic who wears a male outfit...it shows pants. Where are they? It turns into a DRESS! And one that shows a great deal of leg I might add! Leg all the way up that you can SEE where they created panties just to cover naughty bits!! She'd love for pants.
    Dejenchri is most happy in her dresses and robes, but you know, a bit of a choice would be nice, so would pants.

Oh, and the colours available are
    Gold
    Sienna
    Umber
    Olive
    Dark Green
    Navy
    Red
    Rust
    Indigo
    Black
    Violet

Alchemists could make it. *shrugs* I know Devs have already said no. Oh well. That is a dead horse.
  17. ARCHIVED-Renwaldo Guest

OK I agree that the male clothes are tacky all the player made outfits all sport the same look just different colors, very tacky may as well name them all the same but add the color to the clothing name, chainmail Bikinis would be cool for the gals , and Chainmail Speedo's for the fellas......hmmm ok maybe not, but lets get some varity ppl!
  18. ARCHIVED-Skazi Guest

Well hopefully there will just be more splendid art for the new models, armors , etc etc..
    appearance is only 1 aspect of the game, if that is totaly your thing, try WOW.
  19. ARCHIVED-djinnz Guest

someone posted way back on page 2 a link to the lineage 2 website, gotta say after browsing the player screen shots im blown away. eq2 really needs more attractive styles of dress if thats the competition.

not sure how i have never seen screen shots for lineage before, anyone played it know if the gameplay is as good as the look?
  20. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

djinnz wrote:
    Actually several people have - rightly - described Lineage II as a Hardcore PvP/Level Grinder. Not to mention the horrible community and meaningless enforcement of the anti-botting/Item Farming clause in the EULA.
    No, the gameplay of Lineage II leaves a LOT to be desired.