Chainmail Bikinis!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-LordFyre, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Yes, I realize that I'm . . .
    [IMG]

. . . but I am going to do it anyway!
    With the combination of the "Appearance" tab and the coming skeleton revamp, we need the designers to add more "fluff" type armors to the game.
    Because, we know from the long traditions of fantasy-themed Anime, Art, Comics, Computer Gaming (Role-playing games in general), that . . .
    • Women warriors favor stiff metal beachwear.
    • Ladies following roguish professions lean towards the skin-tight cat-suit look.
    • Females who practice the arcane arts wear little strips of translucent gauze over their naughty bits.
    Because, we know that the real secret to being a successful heroine is to make sure that every red-blooded heterosexual male within a hundred yards is staring at you with his mouth slightly agape!
    (Yes, I am exaggerating just a bit )
    But more seriously, the inspired addtion of the appearance tab allows the player an almost unprecidented ability to control the look of his or her character. But, to be truely brilliant, what is needed is for the EQ2 artists and programmers to get us a bunch of new armor that adds even more style/sex-appeal/cultural costumeing options.
    And because of the appearance tab, these can even be created without stats to avoid "forcing" anyone to have his/her character to have to wear something for the game benefits.
    I do understand the scale of the work required (vs. the far too limited resources of a game "live" team), but please get it into game as fast as you can!
    (And yes, I do want a kilt for my male Guardian!)
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

No, you're not beating a dead horse...bringing up the Beastlords would be beating a dead horse(cuz the devs said that it pretty much will never happen).

Ok, I'm sure that one of the reasons the skeletal revamp will bring real fingers and toes and belly buttons for this purpose. Think about it...why add a belly button if you'll never beable to see it? I'm telling you...next expansion we will probably see a plethera of new and cool armor, especially little teenie bopper clothing that the males will drool over upon seeing it.

I'm confident the armor will be great, and that we will indeed get some nice sexy armor for the ladies.

drago.
  3. ARCHIVED-Avashnea Guest

Excuse me, but the last thing we need is the Victoria's Secret armor catalog that WoW uses for the female toons. What we DO need is more BLACK goth type armor and clothes, ESPECIALLY for the males. We need more stylish male clothes and better (LONGER) hairstyles for them. Not only guys play this game, and I'm sure the female players would like better looking guy toons.
  4. ARCHIVED-bypeep Guest

I vote for more skankwear! I love the WoW female armor catalog and I think it's the only reason I play that game half the time! Other requests I'd like to include are high heels, advanced makeup options on the customization screen, and sexy undies to replace the nasty rag we have now!
  5. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

bypeep wrote:
    The real problem with the WoW female armor catalog is that it is "forced" on the player. And, he/she may not want it for their character.
    And, yes, pretty much anything to replace the nasty rags that characters are using for undergarments now would be a welcome improvement.
    (B.T.W., Bikini armor would also allow players of Barbarians, Wood Elves, Erudites and Dwarves to take advantage of all that body art that they have right now . . . and that is covered almost completely by the currently available armor/clothing. :( )
  6. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

But... but... I miss my beastlord! <sniffles>
    OK, seriously... I would love also if they introduced invisible tailored cloth armor for more than just shoulders and forearms. Halflings want their bare furry feet! <shudders> A lot more people would kill to have bare hands. So far, monks and bruisers are the only ones that can attain the bare hands look.
    I could possibly live with the current clothing we have now if we had more options to hide select pieces of armor with what I like to term "The Emperor's Clothes." So far, my monks are my only characters to successfully acquire a full set of emporer's clothing: shoulders, forearms, hands, feet (not chest or legs).
    Moving on to a broader scale though, I would love to see a greater variety than the same 5 tired armor skins used over and over again in variying colors and textures. I don't want smut. I want style. I don't care even if it still covers me from head to toe. I want something that looks different and, most importantly, looks GOOD. You think the baggy cloth grandpa britches look good? Nope, they look like I'm carrying a load in my diaper. The bulky vests designed to go with them? As a female player, I cringe when I see those.
    The upcoming skeletal revamp actually has me excited, and a lot about it is being said. Some of the rumors are true, and some of the rumors are completely totally false. What I would love to see is a dev respond to the rumors that fly all over this board and either confirm them or deny them. Some of these rumors I think are a very big deal... like the rumor that they are merging the two models (SOGA and SOE). Of course, I've been informed by other players that that isn't happening, but just as many that tell me no, even more say yes, it's happening.
    Some communication is what I'd like to see. Domino communicates with the crafters. Fyreflyte has been communicating with people about armor and itemization... on these forums and not just EQ2Flames. Not everyone goes to, knows about, or even likes EQ2Flames. I'd like to see more communication from the art team about the skeletal revamp and possibility of new armor appearances.
  7. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

Just a note, ANY clas can have bare hands by doing a simple quest found in the darklight woods. And I support the OPTION to have skimpy clothes on female toons.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sigunn Guest

I want the Blissful Awareness back!
  9. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

I wouldn't say it's a dead horse because the devs haven't said no to it. Haven't said anything really. We could optimistically presume they're too busy making this so already eh.
    What I'd like, once the skeletal revamp kicks in and new armours/clothes can be created more easily, is for new ranges to be brought in. Things that would be appealing to more than a couple of people, and retain the imagery of where they come from.
    They could be quest rewards. Either replacing the rewards of existing quest lines, or coming from a new questline installed for this very purpose. Or, they could be purchased from vendors in those zones, either requiring certain quests completed as a prerequisite to make purchases, or dependant on some kind of faction.
    I'd like to see furred options from Everfrost. We know thick and smooth furs can be done - looking at a wargs mane we see the think and shaggy fur that'd look great around the trim of gloves, boots and shoulders - and smooth fur has neverbeen a problem judging by the kerra and ratonga.
    Far Eastern cloth designs from the Island of Mara. So monks could wear a gi that looks like a gi, rather than bondage gear. And casters wouldn't have to wear dresses.
    Invisible boots from Enchanted Lands or Rivervale.
    A range of lava designed options from the Drednevers of Soluseks Eye.
    Some boldly intimidating options from the Ferrott.
    Feathered designs from Whisperwind Island in Barren Sky.
    Leafy designs from Kelethin and/or Spire Shadow Outpost in Greater Fay.
    Arabian designs from Maj'Dul.
    Snake skins from those in Pillars of Flame (made from Naga)
    All those little areas throughout the game that serve as quest hubs. The rewards they give could finally get some imagery that compliments them, and doesn't look like everything else in the game with a different dye.
    Personally, I'd still be wary of the chainmail bikini.
    There's an argument that armour protects us from dragons so must be more dependant on the magical qualities than the armour design, that's an extreme, and any argument taken to an extreme renders itself ridiculous. Especially when such magical qualities can also be applied to an armour that is designed to serve as armour for obviously superior effect.
    I'd favour beautiful, gorgeous, lush, attractive, appealing, and compelling. But that's me. There are those that yearn to dress skanky and slutty as their characters, and as evocative as those words are their needs have as much merit as anyone elses. As long, of course, as it adheres to the game's imagery and conforms to the rating.
    Perhaps a lamia outfit from Rivervale. Or vine wrappings as per the dryads. It can surely be skimpy, but be true to the game's imagery eh.
  10. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

armor protecting us from dragons? well... those dragons would prolly become tame little housepets if they would be faced with the sexyness of a bikini chainmail wearing woodelf
    i think the intro video (now gone, rip) is the way the armor should look like.
  11. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

littleman17 wrote:
    I need to clarify this to prevent mass confusion. There is a quest reward that says it is useable for all classes, but the reward itself is only offered to brawlers.
  12. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

This is terrible. Are you folks actually advocating that we abandon the beloved Burkah standard of EQ2? You guys want slutty armor with bare fingers and all? Omg, think of the realism. You cannot go into battle with your fingers sticking out. Suppose that dragon swats you on the fingers? What then? Full coverage makes all the difference in battle. How long do you think those conjurors would last without the awesome protection of their full toe to neck cotton Burkah. I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty. <shudder>
    Just shocking. Hard to believe that there are still some people who want fantasy attire in a fantasy game. I thought I had seen it all but this takes the cake. It's been scientifically proven that full plate armor is totally effective against 50 ton dragons and now you want to remove some of that protection? Think of what you are asking for, geez.
  13. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

one shall not forget that shooting fire and ice from your fingertips through plate armor is rather hard
  14. ARCHIVED-darkentity Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    yes! and the reason you cannot have more than one ring per hand, is because the magic from both, will cancel each other out. (This was an actual reason mentioned in dunegons and dragons :p)
  15. ARCHIVED-Avashnea Guest

I want my male elves and arasai in dresses and sexy armor! I'm NOT joking.
  16. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

Myriam@Crushbone wrote:
    Well, I am with you part way.
    "Sexy Armor" should be also be available for Male Avatars. But, dresses?
  17. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

LordFyre wrote:
    well, we also need to get crossdressing for those that wanted armor dye to make their plate stuff pink, becuase those people are for sure not comfortable in their body....
    ehhh.. ooops.. i should stop thinking loud on forums...
    /sarcasm off
    oh, he prolly meant proper formal wear... i agree on that though.
  18. ARCHIVED-Avashnea Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    he??
  19. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Myriam@Crushbone wrote:
    cross dresser? :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

AratornCalahn wrote:
    oh damn... he really meant crossdressing... that was not just what i made up in my mind.. he really meant it....