Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

Typo in the achievement "A Plethora of Pranks" it says to "Craft a Brilliant Bristlebanesque Streamer" it should be "Craft a Brilliant Bristlebanesque Banner" which did update the achievement.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Mophia Active Member

I'm having concerns about the patchcraft spawns, as we are hunting them down for the new quest, plus a lot will be hunting them for the patchcraft slayer achievement. Perhaps we need to have the spawns increased now that a quest needs them too.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually coal is the default fuel for the workbench (ask any jeweler ;) ). Sandpaper is for the woodworking table.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, there is a naming inconsistency. The achievement and the resulting house item all match up appropriately (Streamer). But the recipe was the odd ball (Banner). I'll get the recipe named correctly.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
    Alenna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

Having done the entire Patchcrafter Slayer achievement line last year, I can say that competition for the spawns was actually pretty minimal (on our server). When people did hunt them, they just focused on Antonica for some reason, and left the other 5 zones pretty barren of players.

Actually now that I think about it, I made some maps of spawn cycles/locations for 3 of the 6 zones to make it far easier for people to find them. I think those files might have ended up making their way to Zam too (no idea about wikia).

Edit: I actually enjoyed chasing those achievements. Please don't change the spawns~
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Finally got around to running a character through the "Gnary a Joke to Tell" zone.

It really seems like those little dice and spring things are moving way faster than they have in years past.
    I'm finding it more annoying than cute/funny at this point.
  7. Mophia Active Member

You were lucky then, I was running around trying to tame the patchcrafts on my BL, and channel them on my channeller, and kept getting helpful people jumping in and killing them for me!!!!!!!!!!! And areas were being camped for them in TD, and other zones, this was on Splitpaw towardss the end of Bristlebane, as I only discovered about the taming, etc partway through Bristlebane.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grrr..."helpful people" = kill stealers in WoW. I've had that happen, too, here, and it never fails to infuriate. :mad:

Plus, if the critters won't "activate" until you're close enough to get your face ripped off, they should STAY "activated" on you (and only you, and/or maybe your party) once you're engaged, and not break off and "deactivate" once you get far enough away so your ranged weapons/spells/etc. are actually able to be used. :-/

Uwk
    Belenos and Wanderingbat like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You, too? Thought it was only me last year...nice to know I'm not completely nuts! ;->

Uwk
    Belenos likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

These. ROCK. :D

Uwk
    looking forward to the story! :)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is only happening on the Test server (I'm focussing just there for now), or if it has anything at all to do with the event, but I've been getting weird occasional messages today, like when I log in, deal with a quest, or whatever:

requires level at least 96

I'll check the other servers to see if they're getting it too...just thought it was odd. :-/

Ah...more clues; seems to hit because of zoning, too. :-/

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Am finally doing this quest with my newbs on Test...this is way worse than it's ever been, yes. These things are sprinting away at top speed. Going by how annoying it is to get 50 of these bloody things in the first place, yeah, this is going above and beyond the call of annoyance. :-/

Plus, it seems the density of the Impossible Objects for the collection is extremely low...bet the folks on the Broker are having a field day. :-/

Uwk
  13. Kaitheel Developer

There's been no changes to those files for years. If something has caused a change in behavior it is something outside of this event.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

The April 1st content is now active on Test!

New features on 4/1:
    • Bunny Hunt achievement counter & titles
      • 500 - "Hare Wrangler" Added
    • Riddled Yet Again - New quest

Returning features on 4/1:
    • Beastlords may stumble upon tamable berry-fed bovochs grazing within many lands of Norrath.
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester’s superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • “Riddled Throughout the Land” - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added “Emerald Stone of Gygax" reward choice.
    • “Riddled Again” - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added "Onyx Stone of Risk" reward choice.
    ~ Kaitheel
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Are the bunnies in Isle of Refuge supposed to count? (they aren't, just not sure if they "should")
  16. Kaitheel Developer

No, they are their own content, required for a different quest. I can understand the confusion though.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I figured as much, Kaitheel, but figured I'd ask because others will.

There's one bunny in Lavastorm that is driving me berk, btw ... every time he paths down into the pit with the wizzie spires, he ends up out of range of grabbing, even when you're standing on him.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! I can get my Test newbs their Stone rewards! :D

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or, maybe not...has anyone ever done the write-up on the third Riddled quest, "Riddled Yet Again"? I keep seeing tantalizing mentions of it here and there, including on EQ2U (where it talks about the reward, the sphinx plushie), yet nothing on it at all on Zam or Wiki. :-/

EDIT: of course, that could be because it's a new quest, but I could swear I'd seen it last year...? Or at the very least, a sphinx plushie (the reward)?

Whew! The second location was very straightforward! :D

Uwk
    who's having the devil's own time trying to find the riddle items involved, even though the answers themselves are pretty easy (thankfully) ;->
    Kaitheel likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Doing that one now, and yeah, it still says we need to make a Streamer instead of a Banner, but I'm glad for this catch! Would've been scratching the kitty noggin 'til the fur fell out otherwise. ;->

Uwk
    hoping for a fix, crafting 'til then ;->