Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Bristlebane day is active on Test!

Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief, alike, are encouraged to enjoy the Bristlebane Day festivities in your city or elsewhere! You never know what laughs and pranks await you during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, The Grand Prankster. Princess Evelynn has a lofty challenge in Sinking Sands, while other celebrators, like Rakshatta, can be found in the Enchanted Lands. She is excited about the arcane patchwork creatures seen roaming Antonica, The Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea. You can get more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

New Bristlebane Day features for '15!
    • New Quest - Plethora of Patchcraft Parts
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, “Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI.”
    • 7 new event items purchasable from “a Bristlebane Day Merchant.”
    Returning Bristlebane Day features for ’15!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Creatures can be found throughout Norrath, sewn and buttoned up by Bristlebane’s own hand!
    • Impossibly Rare Objects holiday collection found within Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea.
    • Jester's garden can only be found within Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
    • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
    • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • "Ratical” - Repeatable, once per year
    • “Gnary a Joke to Tell” and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
      • "Prankster's Confetti Boomer" is a new reward choice to the huge reward bag.
    • “Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands
      • "Jester's Confetti Boomer" is a new reward choice to the huge reward bag.
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer Achievement line
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    This event content is currently set to run 03/27/2015 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 04/09/2015 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks and quests available on 4/1 only.

~Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Some specific things to note:

1) The 4/1 specific content has not been activatetd, yet. That will be activated a bit later. For now I just wanted the base event tested.
    2) The jester's Gardens have a chance of spawning on top of the Brewday bushes, but that won't happen on live, as the events will not both be active at the same time.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Will Berry Meatbeasts return this year?
  4. Kaitheel Developer

I don't see why not. Didn't they return last year with the event, or is my memory off?

~ Kaitheel
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I am hitting event burnout, but that's neither here nor there.

I only see 6 new buyables - what am I missing?
    • A Scaleripper Wall Trophy
    • Hand Painted Map of Rivervale (drool)
    • Rivervale Bramble Door (MORE drool)
    • Silly Glow Skimmer
    • Picklaw Varmint Illusion
    • Merrymakers Minstrel Crown(new?)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

The Merrymakers Minstrel Crown was new last year, if I am not mistaken.

There are two new plushies this year, to add to your list:
    • Jocular Patchcraft Snapper Plushie
    • Jovial Patchcraft Howler Plushie
    ~ Kaitheel
  7. Kaitheel Developer

That happens every spring. Brewday, Chronoportals, & Bristlebane Day all run into each other making March a spectacular blur.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Yes, the berry-fed meatbeast was available last year. I helped a friend hunt one down.

Also, HUZZAH for the other two patchworks! I shall have them all in my halfling home!
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Crafting - Bugs:

3 of the items that are made on the work bench are using sandper. (Should be coal if work bench)
    • druid ring betting tiles - sandpaper
    • jester's emerald cordon - sandpaper
    • tower-stacked betting tiles - sandpaper
    Recipe for Jester's Emerald Cordon is returning the Jester's Golden Cordon instead.

Crafting - Cosmetic:
    The "Halfling Tool Rack" looks great, but the default size is a bit big for halfling-sized hands. I had to max shrink it for the tools to be halfling-ish, and it still feels more suited to my high elf, size wise :)

Halfling Work Bench previews and places facing away from you.

Rivervale Blanket Rack defaults to something that is even a bit small for a halfling - it enlarges nicely, so it isn't insurmountable. :)

I love, love, LOVE some of this new stuff. How dare you ruin my grumpy redhead mood! :p
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Nevermind, for some reason the boomer effect wasn't working in EL ... it is working now.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware of them returning, and many many beastlords have asked me about mine. It would be wonderful to have those berry cuties back for beastlords that didn't get them before. :)
  12. Sharann Well-Known Member

Those betting tiles used for the druid ring and tower are totally awesome! Great job! (And many other great items! Love love love!).

Any way we could have a single tile as an option? Soooo many possibilities.. :)
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

14. Sharann Well-Known Member

15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thank you mum!

(Suggestion for the fireworks screenshots. Stick the firework in your primary hotbar, slot 1. Toggle off your UI. Now you can hit 1 to set off the firework, and immediately hit print screen to get the screenshots.)
  16. Kaitheel Developer

The Confetti Boomers should look and act a lot better if you target another person with 'em!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Thanks for all of the help!

I've got the following changes headed your way:
    • The recipe for Jester's Emerald Cordon now creates the intended item.
    • The following recipes now use Basic Coal as a fuel component:
      • Brilliant Bristlebanesque Banner
      • Druid Ring Betting Tiles
      • Jester's Emerald Cordon
      • Jester's Golden Cordon
      • Jester's Golden Streamer
      • Pile of Fools Gold
      • Stack of Gold Bars
      • Strand of Bristlebanesque Lights
      • Tower-Stacked Betting Tiles
    • Halfling Tool Rack - Default size is now more appropriately halfling-sized.
    • Rustic Rivervale Blanket Rack - Default size is now more appropriately halfling-sized.
    I don't know when they will be on Test, but they should be included with the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Confirmed. They will definitely be back for 4/1.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol just found out we now got 3 festivals on at the same time :D
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o sandpaper is used on a workbench more often , like for example when you clean the fossils for your leaper mount