Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Calthine Well-Known Member

There are two other sphinx quests. You have to give us a chance to do them ourselves!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The riddles are pretty straightforward, and once you know what you're looking for, they're pretty easy to find.

New items place properly, the 500 bunny achievement fired off correctly, the title is properly awarded, and my poor pony is making my packs explode.

So, I'd say the April 1 content looks to be working correctly. :D
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Poor pony! Wonder if they make trusses for horses... ;->

Yeah, the riddles were easy to guess; the first one was a PiTA to find. X-P

Everything looks good! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The two others that Imenand offers, or are there others with "Egyptian" rewards?? :D

Uwk
    who must know; there's an alt on Splitpaw who's wanting to walk like an Egyptian (or at least decorate like one)
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

Silly :) Three total.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From Imenand, right...just wondering if there were other quests out there (not necessarily for the holiday) that had sphinx rewards, or I'm just going mad...or precognitive. ;->

Uwk
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

Not to go against tradition and all but couldn't Bristlebane start on April 1 in future years and then last the entire month of April? It would be cool for Erolisi Day to last all of February, Brewday all of March, and Bristlebane all of April. Chronoportals could be moved to an empty month. :p
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ah, but chronoportals are timed when they are because they are specifically to celebrate the EQ(1) anniversary celebrations. Therefore, they're always going to be run this time of year, and cause event chaos.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

I concede chronoportals but what about the other holidays? It would spread them out a bit and give more weekends to get through them for those of us that have difficulty during the weekdays.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Re: Imenand's quests...I'm glad we have the opportunity to do all of them again, but I also kind of wish we could choose between them. I mean, my vets have already done the first two and only really "need" the third one; oh well, it's a chance for them to get different dice. :)

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely +1 on this! Even with the Chronoportals "cluttering up the place," it would give more breathing room to the others. :)

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I've always loved about the Imenand quests is that you can get to the locales pretty easily using either the Wizard Spires or the Druid Rings. Kudos to the devs for that! :D

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This has probably been suggested before, but it would be cool if we could have, just for Bristlebane's Day itself (04/01), the NotD candy converter and Erollisi Day candy/love note converter the way we have the Frostfell crafting stations. It's very cool to be able to get the various holiday materials then, but the old problems with them are still there (as Denmum said, ponies with hernias and full bags!). ;->

Uwk
  14. Mophia Active Member

Ok, a suggestion, not a bug!!!

In order to highlight the 1st, and to give us players a little breather, why not make the bunny bit last from the 31st to the 2nd, and keep the riddles, the special bushes, and the crafting to the 1st only. That way we get the feeling a special day is coming, and we're not rushing around like headless chickens trying to do everything.

I have 19 chars to get through the riddles alone, (my test ones should have got that done during testing, otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

OK, just started the Gnary a Joke quest, and yes. The joke shop merchandise is moving twice as fast as all the previous years.

I used to love running after the dice and such. But now the best I can do is stand still and spastically click as they dash past me. Please fix this!

It is no longer a fun quest for me because of the speed of the merchandise. Every other year I have repeated the quest, as it was my favorite Bristlebane quest. But if this does not get fixed, I will only do it on characters that need the horse from now on. :(

Also, for those with some hand troubles, it will be difficult to click on the merchandise now. I have gotten hand fatigue already from it. And have to take a break off and on to avoid joint pain.
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

I just did that quest too. And yes, they are moving faster. Perhaps some of the database work you all did improved things so that they weren't slowed down. Or something else. I don't know why but yeah, they are moving faster.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Sorry, I had forgotten to post sooner. The joke merchandise didn't seem any faster to me, but it doesn't mean that they need to remain so challenging, particularly if it is unintentional. I have submitted the following change, but I do not know when it will reach any live or Test servers.

• Gnary a Joke to tell - The jokeshop merchandise within Gnoggin's Hidden Cove are slightly easier to catch.
    ~ Kaitheel
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Kaitheel, where are the ducks :(
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks! :D

And yeah, Mophia, I totally agree, but I've found that if you check with Zam on the quests (and the write-up on the third one should be posted soon! ;->) and realize that you can get to just about every locale using either the Wizard Spires or the Druid Rings for all of them, they go by really fast (especially if you have Leaper [BEST MOUNT EVER until you can fly!] or Flyer Mounts)! ;->

Uwk
    with 50 total toons to get through it (but 11 of those are on Test and already done)... X-/
  20. Mophia Active Member

Ahh but the leaper mount makes me seasick, so I never use it. But the reason behind my suggestions was that if you are crafting, doing riddles, trying to tame the berry fed warder, and trying to catch bunnies, and you have say 5 chars!!!!!!
    That's sheer overkill on time. Spreading the bunny day out a little, would reduce the pressure. As it is the only ones doing the bunny on mine are the ones that see one in passing. So the bunnies won't get done at all on mine this year.